New Powerset: Speech Control

Darkneblade

[Greet] : (Single target)Greets target removes resistance and confuses for short time (gives moderate dot psionic)
[Shout] : (Cone)Shouts at target removes resistance and frightens the target (fear) if you greet first (moderate damage and dot if you greet first)
[Halt] : (Cone)Orders target to halt , gives immobilize and if frightened gives disoriented.
[Intimidate] : (PBAoE) Gives fear and if already frightened / disoriented.Removes frightened / disoirented status and gives -res and chance to confuse for short time
[Boring Speech] :(Cone) Gives sleep status.If greets afterwards removes resistance and confuses for short time,/ if shout afterwards gives fear and dot(psionic)/ if Halt afterwards (already frightened) gives hold and moderate dot.
[Taunt] : (PBAoE)Taunts the targets gives -res and if Greets afterwards placates for short time or if Shout afterwards gives frightened and High Dot (Psionic)
[Placeholder] (Targeted AoE) Gives speech and if confused targets may become ally for a moderate time 
[Placeholder] (Target Location AoE) Removes resistance and chance to held for moderate time and inflict moderate dot if you shout afterwards.
[Placeholder] (Foe Targeted/Pet)You speech summons Eldricht Abomination on target foes struck with Abomination are held/sleep/frightened for short time

Feel free to add any ideas

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Usually in a control set the first two powers have damage (and the second ability is a hold)...

Other than that, replace "boring speech" with "lullaby" and maybe: "change hearts & minds" (alternatively "charm", "silver tongue", "Blarney", or "entice"), "enrapture" (alternatively "gaslight" or  "sweet talk"), and "conjure" (alternatively "incant", "kotodama", "invocation", "seance", or "seducing satan").

This seems workable for Dominator, but would be hard to pull off with a troller...

Also Rhetoric may be a better name for the set than "speech control"...

Edited by Zepp
  • Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 12/3/2019 at 2:16 AM, Darkneblade said:

[Boring Speech] :(Cone) Gives sleep status.If greets afterwards removes resistance and confuses for short time,/ if shout afterwards gives fear and dot(psionic)/ if Halt afterwards (already frightened) gives hold and moderate dot.

I am reminded of one of the narrator voiceovers from Dave Sim's comic "Cerebus the Aardvark" in the Palnu Trilogy -- "When the bureaucrat speaks, the sound of snoring soon fills the room."

On 12/3/2019 at 5:24 PM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

i dunno man seems like we can use the sonic animation on the mental control set and achieve similar functions. more options are always nice

Im pretty sure the OP wasn't a serious suggestion.

If it was, then yeah, just sonic animations on the Psi sets 

• Sad 1

I would want to make one inspired by either Alan from "The New Statesman" or Malcolm from "The Thick of It".

Thinking of those shows make wish there was a modern day Blackadder set in the current political environment.

Edited by Shadowsleuth

I would have to make a Ben Stein knock-off for this, too bad you couldn't actually hear it, that would be hillarious, droning on endlessly....

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Customer Service power set (powers might not make sense though)

Let me route you to another department - immobilize

Please Hold - single target hold

Prank Call - confusion

Conference call - AoE hold

Long Distance Call - Knockback, guess it would be like something in gravity

Robocall- Summons robotic pet that spams summon sonic attacks

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 12/7/2019 at 5:09 AM, Outrider_01 said:

Customer Service power set (powers might not make sense though)

Let me route you to another department - immobilize

Please Hold - single target hold

Prank Call - confusion

Conference call - AoE hold

Long Distance Call - Knockback, guess it would be like something in gravity

Robocall- Summons robotic pet that spams summon sonic attacks

PEBKAC issue - Target damages self (alternatively, single-target confuse)
ID10T problem - Single target stun
CtP - PBAoE +Recharge

• Haha 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation