Denial of Service

Sealdy

Good day all

I really did my best to get denied service, but the badge just didn't want to be earned by me. Therefore I need help. Anyone any clues at which spot I have to swim headon in the repellent wall. Here a map of Neutropolis to show you where I've been so far.

pjdfLMQ.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Greetings

Sealdy

• 3 months later

Hi guys, yes “Holy necro batman” but,

I have been also trying for this badge for two days and I could not get it awarded from this spot or indeed the other 2 locations in that zone (run to the end of the bottom road that runs sw over the bridge into the trees or the swim from the jail across the shortest point to beach then towards tree).

So I hit up google again and found an old twitter post about the subject with a different location so gave it a try and had an immediate award. Thought I would pass that info on:

Go to First Ward by using the tunnel system, when you arrive and just a few steps away is another exit dug into the slope (like a hobbit house) that is covered with vegetation.

Walk into the shrubbery and face the very near treeline and then just run directly towards it.

A couple of seconds running and boom, badge awarded.

Am sure not getting it at OP’s location is down to my ineptitude and nothing else, but in any event more spots for award chance are always better for us badgers 😀

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later

I think I was awarded this Badge from running into the Sonic Fences in the Southeast Corner of First Ward while trying to find another badge, had to look it up as I had never seen it before. Is it possible there are multiple ways to get this? My memory is sometimes a little Iffy, but I swear it was First Ward, I've never taken Marine to Neutropolis.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

From Paragon Wiki:

Denial of Service Badge

(Redirected from Denial of Service)

File:Badge DenialofService.png

Description

You crept a bit too close to the danger zone and got burned.

How to Get

Attempt (and fail) to pass through the sonic barrier surrounding Praetoria. While there's no formally marked spot for trying this, not every rush into the barrier will get you the badge. Most spots just send you to the Hospital. If you get one of the right spots, however, you will be teleported to a safe distance...hopefully before your hit points finish running out.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

26 minutes ago, Marine X said:

I think I was awarded this Badge from running into the Sonic Fences in the Southeast Corner of First Ward while trying to find another badge, had to look it up as I had never seen it before. Is it possible there are multiple ways to get this? My memory is sometimes a little Iffy, but I swear it was First Ward, I've never taken Marine to Neutropolis.

From the description, it's entirely possible.

It does say "multiple locations" but per the post above mine, I gave this one a try and it at least works here.

Thought a few screenshots would help others.

• 4 months later

Thanks for all the information!

I got the badge at the location given by Sealdy.

And I saw there is some kind of device, vaguely like an antenna, outside zone limits, but well visible, supposedly sustaining the force field, at proximity of the badge location.

Maybe the other locations are around same devices?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later
On 8/23/2019 at 12:38 PM, Jacktar said:

Hi guys, yes “Holy necro batman” but,

I have been also trying for this badge for two days and I could not get it awarded from this spot or indeed the other 2 locations in that zone (run to the end of the bottom road that runs sw over the bridge into the trees or the swim from the jail across the shortest point to beach then towards tree).

So I hit up google again and found an old twitter post about the subject with a different location so gave it a try and had an immediate award. Thought I would pass that info on:

Go to First Ward by using the tunnel system, when you arrive and just a few steps away is another exit dug into the slope (like a hobbit house) that is covered with vegetation.

Walk into the shrubbery and face the very near treeline and then just run directly towards it.

A couple of seconds running and boom, badge awarded.

Am sure not getting it at OP’s location is down to my ineptitude and nothing else, but in any event more spots for award chance are always better for us badgers 😀

Cheers

Got it there, many thanks!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

I always go south in imperial city and cross all the bridges until you reach the southern forest edge.

That's where I normally get it at.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 4 months later
  • 2 weeks later

Was feeling lazy while getting day jobs and moving from Psychologist (Mother of Mercy)  to Survivalist (Ellentown) in First Ward decided just to take the fast route via the hospital by running into the field repel by going due west from the hospital. Got "Denial of Service"

So far, been able to repeat it twice.

• Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later

My trick is to keep 2 rez stacks of inspriations (1 each of a large wakie, break free, heal, and endurance per stack. Alternatively one super wakie and endurance per stack) and pop those when I die but don't get the badge. As soon as you hit a stack, keep pushing forward. You can get it in pretty much any area with this method.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

• 1 year later

I have found first ward the ideal place to get this badge.

Go to the North East Tunnel entrance. "Stand on top of the building that is nearby. Face NE.

Most important turn off all movement enhancement powers, Fly, Run, Infiltration, etc. All of them!

Press the forward button and head for the fence. You will take damage, but will get the Badge and be teleported away.

Using this method I have successfully gotten the badge on all my toons, even Level 2s, with no deaths.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later
On 4/2/2020 at 11:05 PM, Noyjitat said:

I always go south in imperial city and cross all the bridges until you reach the southern forest edge.

Thanks I tried all the others in this post to no avail.  Your trick did work. I just ran on the road towards the forest until I got the badge and then I died. lol