AV/SOLO Killers

Mitchman

The first character I solo'd an AV was my fortunata (which I hold to be the most glorious archetype ever created due to the sheer array of stuff at your disposal)... and then I solo'd many, many more. My defence is mostly at or around soft cap 75% of the time but my melee defence is nearly there all the time. AVs just become punching bags as most of my control powers mostly don't do anything against them although the psi damage is very nice at times.

People who take a "soft cap or GTFO" approach are often a bit over-cautious in my opinion, but defence is definitely very important for single-target battles. I find having melee defence at or near soft cap is usually enough for AV battles - my ranged and AoE is nearer 35% some of the time and I don't consider that a problem. "Yes but what if XYZ?" I imagine you shouting - it doesn't matter. Widows have less hit points than blasters and I can still cut AVs in half so you can probably do it on your super cool scrapper. AVs won't one-shot you unless there's a very big level difference, even with low damage resistance, Apart from known outliers like Silver Mantis (who I can take down about 50% of the time unaided), I'm fine. 

Munch inspirations when you need to. That's what they're for. People who don't use them are ninnies. 

Anyway, some advice for bringing down your first AV solo:

Since we're on Homecoming where a lot of convenience items are very readily available (my one criticism, really, as it can trivialise some things later on), you should definitely hit the P2W vendor for some extra goodies. 

Envenomed daggers help speed things up, but I've done it without. They pretty much negate an enemy's regen, which is one of the main problems with soloing an AV. The Backup Radio power is really useful either as a bit more DPS or a distractor for trash mobs that spawn. I've used the Signature summons and they're useful but slightly too expensive to be any more than a novelty - Positron is a total babe, though, with his debuff skillz. I find endurance becomes an issue in very long fights and the Recovery Serum is my backup for that. 

Nowadays, I turn AVs off where I can because they're  more a battle against boredom than anything else - they don't really pose more of a threat to a high defence character than an elite boss and the fights tend to go on longer than is really enjoyable. 

The Ritki War Zone story arcs have some good AVs along the way, and the Admiral Sutter Task Force has a couple of double-AV battles for your self-punishment pleasure. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

4 minutes ago, Menelruin said:

*Prepares boggo2300 automaton for activation*

[Cannot find "ManiacalLaughter.exe"]

I have a long and complicated history with Nemesis, including masquerading as a Nemesis automaton of myself

Edited by boggo2300
  • Like 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

4 minutes ago, Mitchman said:

My bad dudes sort of new to navigating these forums.

Thanks for the feedback 😄

But, also on the AT part of the forums i still find it a pain to navigate from AT to AT. So i thought it would be a half decent idea to let ALL AT solo builds and ideas to be posted here.

5 minutes ago, Mitchman said:

But, also on the AT part of the forums i still find it a pain to navigate from AT to AT. So i thought it would be a half decent idea to let ALL AT solo builds and ideas to be posted here.

There are a few topics (threads) in the general AT section, but they're usually skipped over due to the shortcuts to the AT-specific sections from the home page.

I was just directing you there since that's usually where people post builds, either for critique or to show what they've come up with, and your initial post said you hadn't seen any of those. There isn't really one "post all of your builds here" section, so it's all good.

2 minutes ago, siolfir said:

There are a few topics (threads) in the general AT section, but they're usually skipped over due to the shortcuts to the AT-specific sections from the home page.

I was just directing you there since that's usually where people post builds, either for critique or to show what they've come up with, and your initial post said you hadn't seen any of those. There isn't really one "post all of your builds here" section, so it's all good.

Thanks for the help, appreciate it fo real.

9 minutes ago, parabola said:

Are there any that can solo a GM with no temps/pets? Somehow using envenomed daggers feels ever so slightly like cheating.

For GMs, the biggest issue is their very high regen, which is why debuff sets tend to do very well against them (and so many people use envenomed daggers). If you don't have some form of -regen, you need very high DPS to compensate. 

I think the highest non-pet single target damage combo is street justice / bio on a stalker. Bio has -regen and a damage increase, so that makes sense. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

12 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper outdoes it, actually.

I stand corrected! I knew it was something/bio.

I know it's totally thematically inappropriate and would be absurdly overpowered, but titan weapons on a stalker would be fun to play with.

Just now, Gulbasaur said:

I know it's totally thematically inappropriate and would be absurdly overpowered, but titan weapons on a stalker would be fun to play with.

It would work even better on my Glum Reaper character than Scrapper (there's a demon axe that looks a bit like a scythe).

Just now, Gulbasaur said:

It's less thematically inappropriate than Electricity, Radiation, or Fire