New Lore pet option: "Sidekicks"

Lazarillo

So I was part of a discussion on this in-game last night, and I just thought putting it into a more public forum could be fun, but it's notable that all the various "Lore" powers use generic-type enemies that nonetheless only show up one at a time when summoned.  Which leads to a potentially interesting alternative: what about Lore sets using named NPCs?  Maybe, like, one for each faction, or something?  A "Hero" Ally tree with Faultline, Fusionette, and Penny Yin, maybe, (or Dillo!) or a villain one with Maelstrom, or Dr. Graves, etc.  Maybe one for Vigilantes, one for Rogues, too?  I feel like it'd be more fun than generic minion A and generic minion B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boggo2300 said:

you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means...

Lore summons copies of boss and lieutenant mobs from various villain groups rather than specific characters. How are they not generic?

Once the Lore Slot is unlocked, the character can fill the Lore Slot with a Lore Slot Ability which summon essences from the Well of the Furies in the form of vanquished foes to battle by your side.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_Slot

They don't have to be generic, but they do have to be someone that you defeated. Which means, if anything, the Hero pets should be available to villains with Hero Slayer, and Villain pets to heroes with Villain Disruptor.

7 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Or take a page from the mirror arc and have yourself as your own sidekick. 

Hit me now! 

Haha wrong me.

Doppleganger Lore!  The tech is there so it should be doable... however it could be complicated with the tree... LT, Boss, LT + Boss, Radial vs Core.

• Like 2

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 12/19/2019 at 5:52 PM, Lazarillo said:

A "Hero" Ally tree with Faultline, Fusionette, and Penny Yin, maybe, (or Dillo!) 

I wouldn't mind Flower Knight from the hero tutorial.

We could finally see her get her Summon Ancestor power. (She's Archery/Devices but has Ancestor Spirits that come out of her Mystic Bow to attack enemies, see link below.)

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/COHCCG/Flower_Knight

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Flower_Knight

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Player-character sidekicks not good enough for you?

Invite that low level to a team!

/emote protest

Sidekick rights! Sidekick rights!

"I'm a sidekick not an NPC!" or is that "I'm not a sidekick! That's a side kick!"

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Player-character sidekicks not good enough for you?

Invite that low level to a team!

/emote protest

"I'm a sidekick not an NPC!" or is that "I'm not a sidekick! That's a side kick!"

Damn straight!  More love for lowbies!!

/emote protest

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!