New Static Team Forming on Torchbearer

CrimsonOne

So, we ran our first static team and had a blast, and our theme was Looney Toons. The character designs came out great and we had fun playing them.

Now it is time for another team. This time we have a double theme going on. This time we are running anything with -def or -res (so rad, sonic, dark, bio, etc.) and for costumes we are going with 80's Movies as the theme.

So if you are interested in joining us we have a few spots left, just message me @Crimson-One or @0th Power in game or here on the forums and we will get you added to the team. 

• Like 1

@Crimson-one | Torchbearer

UI/UX Designer by day, Gamer by night!

1 hour ago, CrimsonOne said:

So, we ran our first static team and had a blast, and our theme was Looney Toons. The character designs came out great and we had fun playing them.

Now it is time for another team. This time we have a double theme going on. This time we are running anything with -def or -res (so rad, sonic, dark, bio, etc.) and for costumes we are going with 80's Movies as the theme.

So if you are interested in joining us we have a few spots left, just message me @Crimson-One or @0th Power in game or here on the forums and we will get you added to the team. 

Every time I see you post about Static Teams, I just picture 8 characters just standing around immobile 😄 not even the default emote loop

• Haha 2

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

1 hour ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

What's a static team? You always play with that team and only that team?

How do you coordinate playing time?

Do you start at lvl1?

Our last team met on mondays at 9 central, we would probably keep that time maybe throw in some sundays. We start at level 2 and only play with our team. 

22 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

Every time I see you post about Static Teams, I just picture 8 characters just standing around immobile 😄 not even the default emote loop

Maybe that can be the next theme 🤣

• Haha 1

@Crimson-one | Torchbearer

UI/UX Designer by day, Gamer by night!

Here's the character I am using for this incarnation of the static team. She's a storm/sonic defender based on the 1980 movie 'The Fog'. I used a little artistic license but she's meant to be an ethereal 'White Lady' ghostly embodiment of the spirit of vengeance of the antagonists of the film, and is named for the ship they sailed on. I had hoped for a little longer dress but this was the best option I could find in the costume creator.

liz_dane.png

Edited by AboveTheChemist

36 minutes ago, HelenCarnate said:

It was a lot of fun.

Heck yes it was. Between the character concept and the powers, I can already tell that Elizabeth Dane is going to be one of my favorite characters.

For anyone that might still want to join, there is still plenty of time to create a character and catch up to our level. We even have a few extra character ideas for anyone struggling to come up with their own 80's movie character.

46 minutes ago, HelenCarnate said:

Well you don't have to have 100% of your characters on one server. 

Quite true, my home server is Everlasting and the only characters I have on Torchbearer are the static team characters (plus a SG leader for my teleport hub base, but I never play her). My retired static team characters will end up on Everlasting eventually. In the meantime, Torchbearer is a great second home!

Last night we ran Synapse to take advantage of the weekly TF. I wasn't sure how we would fare against Babbage, but our team of six level 18 not-well-slotted characters brought him down in just over 2 minutes (with no outside help). I was the first one he engaged so I got a good start time for him. The Clockwork King melted a lot quicker than that, at a little over 30 seconds (I was a little behind the group so I didn't capture the exact time of the first shots, so I'm going off his combat chat).

2020-01-14 00:27:11 Babbage HITS you![snip]
2020-01-14 00:29:25 Yippie Ki Yay has defeated Babbage

2020-01-14 00:45:11 [NPC] The Clockwork King: Here you are at last, Task Force Cyclone.[snip]
2020-01-14 00:45:48 You have defeated The Clockwork King

There is still time to join if anyone else would like in on the fun!

And whoever got the immobilizer forgot to use it. We took out another group when the Clockwork King said that. I tossed out my rad debuffs and he was down before the regen debuff recharged about 30 seconds later. It should also be noted we started at lvl 18 so the AV was lvl 20.