Jump to content

Traps: Seeker Drones


Yomo Kimyata

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have any detailed info on this power, or know how I can find same?  In the power description it says:  +FlashPulse +Self Destruct +Fly, but I don't see any other information.  I'd like to get an idea of damage, to hit debuff, and stun capabilities.  Thanks for your help!

Who run Bartertown?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you click on "+" it expands.  You get:

 Creates Pet Seeker Drone for 4m 0s

Base Hitpoints: 1070.90

-FlashPulse Average Damage:13.90

Damage Per Cast Cycle:0.01

Activation Time:0.00s

Recharge Time:16m 40s

Accuracy:1.20X

Power Type:Click

Target Type:Self

Effect Area:AoE -- 15.00 ft. radius (10 targets max)

Attack Types:AoE, energy

13.90 energy damage on target

-5.00%% to hit for 40.00s on target

-20.00%% strength to all damage for 40.00s on target Ignores buffs and enhancements

25.00% chance for 2.00 magnitude stun for 8.94s on target

-90.00%% perception radius for 40.00s on target

 

-Self Destruct

Activation Time:0.00s

Recharge Time:10.00s

Accuracy:1.00X

Power Type:Click

Target Type:Self

Effect Area:AoE -- 10.00 ft. radius (16 targets max)

 

-Fly

Accuracy:1.00X

Power Type:Auto

Target Type:Self

Effect Area:Single Target

+300.00%% run speed on self Ignores buffs and enhancements unresistable

+300.00%% fly speed on self Ignores buffs and enhancements unresistable

1.00 magnitude fly on self unresistable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

If you click on "+" it expands.  You get:

 Creates Pet Seeker Drone for 4m 0s

Base Hitpoints: 1070.90

-FlashPulse Average Damage:13.90

Damage Per Cast Cycle:0.01

Activation Time:0.00s

Recharge Time:16m 40s

Accuracy:1.20X

Power Type:Click

Target Type:Self

Effect Area:AoE -- 15.00 ft. radius (10 targets max)

Attack Types:AoE, energy

13.90 energy damage on target

-5.00%% to hit for 40.00s on target

-20.00%% strength to all damage for 40.00s on target Ignores buffs and enhancements

25.00% chance for 2.00 magnitude stun for 8.94s on target

-90.00%% perception radius for 40.00s on target

 

-Self Destruct

Activation Time:0.00s

Recharge Time:10.00s

Accuracy:1.00X

Power Type:Click

Target Type:Self

Effect Area:AoE -- 10.00 ft. radius (16 targets max)

 

-Fly

Accuracy:1.00X

Power Type:Auto

Target Type:Self

Effect Area:Single Target

+300.00%% run speed on self Ignores buffs and enhancements unresistable

+300.00%% fly speed on self Ignores buffs and enhancements unresistable

1.00 magnitude fly on self unresistable

Does anyone else think those stats mean that Seeker Drones need proc damage rather than enhancement damage in order to actually DO DAMAGE ...?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

If you click on "+" it expands. 

 

In the words of Keanu, "Whoa!"  Thank you.  I would never have thought to click on the "+" in one million years.

 

I'm not sure what to make of the Self Destruct and Fly, if anything.  I was really hoping that there was some way to enhance the damage, or the probability of stun, or the magnitude of stun. 

 

Basically, I was wondering what wonders would ensure if I slotted it with +5 Absolute Amazement or +5 Ragnarok.  Seemingly two wonders:  jack and squat...

 

 

Who run Bartertown?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm not sure what to make of the Self Destruct and Fly, if anything.

They're additional powers the pseudo pets have. Fly being what lets them fly through the air (otherwise they'd be stuck to the ground and "jumping", which would look supremely silly). Self Destruct will remove them after (hopefully after) using Flash Pulse.

 

Not really particularly interesting from an enhancements PoV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They also have a secret purpose:  Absorbing the Alpha of a mob.  

 

With my completed Traps Builds, my order of operations is:
Seekers spawned from a distance directly in to the centre of the mob.
Leap in and drop a Poison Trap.

Drop the Acid Mortar immediately afterward.

Caltrops.

and Web 'Nades as necessary.

With my Force Field Generator close behind to keep me protected from those enemies who recover from the stacked Control and Debuffs.

 

I don't bother with Trip Mine any more.  It's too much of a pain to really get anything out of them, and I use other Powers to carve in to the enemies.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:
12 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Does anyone else think those stats mean that Seeker Drones need proc damage rather than enhancement damage in order to actually DO DAMAGE ...?

I second your suspicion.  Eventually I'll get around to testing it out, more or less.

Unfortunately the seeker drones don't proc enhancements, not sure of the exact underlying reason but I remember a similar issue occurring with the Crab Spider's Omega Maneuver, probably because the power accepts Target AoE sets but the actual pet power is PBAoE and if it's following pet rules, would mean the power wouldn't accept that proc.

 

Havig said that even the Cloud Senses dmg proc doesn't go off so... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by 10kVolts

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Does anyone else think those stats mean that Seeker Drones need proc damage rather than enhancement damage in order to actually DO DAMAGE ...?

 

You think everything needs procs.  You added procs to your washing machine and turned your super-suit into a fishnet body stocking.  You dropped out of medical school when you discovered that proctology had nothing to do with procs.  You even tried to "enhance" oatmeal with procs (those scars really don't look too bad, by the way).

 

😛

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 10kVolts said:

 

Unfortunately the seeker drones don't proc enhancements, not sure of the exact underlying reason but I remember a similar issue occurring with the Crab Spider's Omega Maneuver, probably because the power accepts Target AoE sets but the actual pet power is PBAoE and if it's following pet rules, would mean the power wouldn't accept that proc.

 

Havig said that even the Cloud Senses dmg proc doesn't go off so... 🤷‍♂️

I was afraid of that.  So the concept is that the Cloud Sense proc "goes off" on summoning, which is not an action that results in damage?  Disappointing.

Who run Bartertown?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Luminara said:

You think everything needs procs.

 

Procs are like bacon. Not everything needs procs. But everything is better with procs.

 

I mean, just imagine if we could put MORE procs. Like... Chance to Knockdown on an Ally Heal 😄

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Li_Sensei said:

Personally, I tend to use them as pocket ablative alpha absorbers.   Summon them in the middle of a spawn, let them take the alpha, then I have less to worry about heading my way.

Same, and they do a good size debuff to enemy offense after they blow, so they're perfect for the role really. I usually just slot mine for x4 cloud senses to get the bonuses and be done with it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I was afraid of that.  So the concept is that the Cloud Sense proc "goes off" on summoning, which is not an action that results in damage?  Disappointing.

I think that's the case, if you pop Siphon Insight chance for +ToHit that fires off when you launch the drones. It's frustrating, nothing seems to remain consistent when it comes to pseudo pet powers.

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Luminara said:

You think everything needs procs.

😛

To be fair, they're not wrong.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...