Income Inequality In CoX

Inheritor

46 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I remember several 2bil inf IOs.

Yeah, there were I think three or so PvP IOs that went for about that much but the poster insisting purples were also going for that much is wrong. I just dug into the market section of the old forums and from what I can tell based on a few threads the more expensive purples were going for 250ish million shortly before the shutdown was announced.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 minute ago, Haijinx said:

And those are fairly cheap now.

Biggest reason for that is they drop from NPCs now instead of just players. They allegedly had roughly the same drop rate as purples but when you combine a very low drop rate with a very low rate of possible defeats that could even potentially drop a PvP IO in the first place, it's no wonder the most desirable ones were being routinely sold off-market for higher than the inf cap. I loved using that as an example of what would happen if price caps were implemented.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Sorry but I disagree there needs to be any changes. Back on live server I was probably one of the most vocal people who talked about the market being a cesspool of greed. On homecoming they have made things so easy it does not matter anymore. People aren't using what they are given to the full potential. I have full IOed out several level 50s as well as many lowbie alts that have their whole build of set IOs waiting for them as they level up to slot them. If there needs to be a change it would need to be for HO/SHO's. Allow us to use the enhancement converters on those as there are way too many useless versions of HO/SHO's out there. And lets make them all level 53 going forward. No reason to not do this as we have no way to make those maxed right now.

On 2/21/2020 at 6:02 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Also true, except the /thread part. That never works.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:27 AM, Coyote said:

Does /jranger work? 😄

You must visit the vendor in Echo: Mercy Island to convert /threads to /jrangers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4