Patch Notes for March 3rd, 2020

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Soulbound Allegiance's Chance for Build Up proc again proc on Pets. It should not proc on players when summoning pets.
  • Fix for issue with Engagement status that has been keeping Targeting Drone from dropping it's Up-Front damage buff while in combat.
  • Fixed a bug where Degenerative Interface was over-stacking on raid encounters.
  • Fix Rune of Protection FX persisting until zoning.
  • Fix incorrect color of Common Vigor Alpha.

General

• Chain powers now have a unique border, courtesy of @GuyPerfect:
  • Beam Rifle (Sentinel)
    • BeamRifle_RefractorBeam.png.de51b8c5eb631a1d7cd8838a815c363a.png Refractor Beam
  • Electric Control
    • ElectricControl_JoltingChain.png.d03b0f3dc9b94eba4fd27dcdd7a4b2cc.png Jolting Chain
    • ElectricControl_SynapticOverload.png.d6e8c5a04ba6d05956fd71e61f3ef5f5.png Synaptic Overload
  •  Electric Melee
    • ElectricMelee_TargetedChainInduction.png.bf8ca850ec6a68b03b389f1e837721be.png Chain Induction
  • Electricity Mastery (Sentinel)
    • ElectricControl_Heal.png.58078b1f7b6f5ecd2c676e49d3eddb33.png Rehabilitating Circuit
  • Martial Assault
    • MartialAssault_TrickShot.png.b8efac7f2770614439baa3bf58e6e3e9.png Trick Shot
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 15

The Degenerative Interface fix seems to have broken it on Rikti Pylons specifically.

Behavior before patch: keeping ~4 stacks up on the target for a total of ~-12.5% HP.
Behavior now: only one stack can be up, for a total of ~-3.25% HP.

On level 54 Rikti bosses, it's still possible to keep 4 stacks up (until they die, anyway).

Edit: trying it out on an AV in AE, I'm only able to keep one stack. Might be a pattern of Degen being broken on tough targets?

Edit 2: also broken on a GM in AE (1 stack max). Normal mobs in AE work fine (up to 4 stacks).

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I don't see the shadow maul update here, is that being applied?

This is live. the other patch notes are for the beta. Dark Melee is not in live just yet.

I dont know if its the first patch or the hotfix, but I got some popup about a corrupt file, maybe an ogg file or something. Should have written down the error. And now Tequila is re-downloading a ton of those massice pigg files.

Anyone else experience that?

On 3/3/2020 at 8:44 AM, The Curator said:

Soulbound Allegiance's Chance for Build Up proc again proc on Pets. It should not proc on players when summoning pets.

This is a huge nerf to MM's in PVP and I am 95% certain that the original devs noted that BU proc'ing on both players and pets was the intended effect. It was on the boards at around the time purple sets were released.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, barrier said:

This is a huge nerf to MM's in PVP and I am 95% certain that the original devs noted that BU proc'ing on both players and pets was the intended effect. It was on the boards at around the time purple sets were released.

Not proccing a 5 second BU when summoning one of your pets is a huge nerf to MMs in PvP?

If it was the intended effect, why didn't the enhancement text reflect that?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nzer said:

Not proccing a 5 second BU when summoning one of your pets is a huge nerf to MMs in PvP?

If it was the intended effect, why didn't the enhancement text reflect that?

Yup. It is. Masterminds have extremely limited access to significant to-hit buffs in PVP. I consistently proc'd that prior to trying to hit any blaster who I knew would likely have fortitude on him or any high defense melee character. It's a big nerf to a class that already has huge problems related to mobility (pets are too slow for the current pace of the game), and whose debuffs have already been nerfed by the current implementation of Diminishing Returns (no -maxrunspeed).

The enhancement text has little to do with the fact that the original developers were asked about this while the game was live and they actually said it was intended.

Edit: This sort of change is concerning. While I am all for making the game evolve further and correcting mistakes, this wasn't one of those. Nerfs like this need to be accompanied by compensatory buffs for the classes that are most hurt by nerfs, even if this is the way forward, otherwise, Homecoming risks becoming Thunderspy.

Edited by barrier

17 minutes ago, barrier said:

...Nerfs like this need to be accompanied by compensatory buffs for the classes that are most hurt by nerfs, even if this is the way forward, otherwise, Homecoming risks becoming Thunderspy.

That's a huge leap isn't it?  The whole "If, then else" thing seems a bit too absolute.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 3

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 hour ago, Abraxus said:

That's a huge leap isn't it?  The whole "If, then else" thing seems a bit too absolute.

Address the content more in your posts. It's not a huge leap. Thunderspy fails by ignoring the cross-talk between various changes. Homecoming had kinda been good about this, but things like the power boost -special nerf (shelved my Demons/Cold MM, I can't slow in PVP at all anymore - which it did prior to the PB nerf), and this change, make me think that either Powerhouse is ignoring MM players or thinking that minor AI changes will solve major issues like LRM having a 4 minute recharge on Mercs, slow pets that can't keep up with players in PVP or the fact that he removed a significant source of +to-hit for non-nature MMs, Changes like these are making me think that cross-talk is starting to be ignored.

Oh, and if you don't think there are any issues with the AT, please look at the March 2020 stats and try to find an AT that has such a huge chasm between "characters created" and "characters at 50".

Edited by barrier
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, barrier said:

Oh, and if you don't think there are any issues with the AT, please look at the March 2020 stats and try to find an AT that has such a huge chasm between "characters created" and "characters at 50".

That's a...  pretty big and not entirely warranted conceptual leap.  Masterminds are generally credited as being the most difficult AT to play and that's always held their numbers down.  (Along many people's allergy to having them on teams.)  You'll have to do far better than that to show that there's any significant issues with the class.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)