Nuke this particular forum every season/every 3 months

1 minute ago, ScarySai said:

I'd be down with this, but the dev posts should be archived.

As for Jrangers, it's essentially an declaration of "I'm not mentally mature enough to handle this discussion."

/jranger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

2 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

This is my vague way of saying that this forum was a mistake because 98% of these people don't understand that the game doesn't allow what they want/doesn't work that way.

The 2% are balance/number changes or reworking how a power works OR QOL stuff. which are more feasible.

So a seasonal purge drains the swamp that is any feedback & suggestions forum.

I could be wrong, but I generally use this forum as a wishlist.  I rarely ask for anything, and mostly mock people who want things to be made easier.

Who run Bartertown?

32 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

If we do this, I'll need to actively re-post the weekly "nerf Brutes" and "nerf Knockback" threads myself, then.

Imagine all the complaints about reposting the same idea. That would be all kinds of extra entertainment! In addition to the normal arguments, we'd get people trying to police repeat suggestions, and people policing the people policing, and it'd be one additional infinite loop. Then we'd get suggestion threads to not purge the suggestion threads. It would be a glorious mess. 

I'm starting to come around on this suggestion. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

No, it actually means "I don't think this is even worth a discussion", if you look at the history of /JRanger.

• Haha 1

@Rathstar

2 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

JRanger was a pioneer anda valued member of Freedom server, the best server. His banning was as big a tragedy as the Philadelphia Eagles winning a Super Bowl. A dark day for mankind. 

911 never forget 9/11 september 11 9-11 GIF

• Haha 1

@Rathstar

Nah. I see where OP is coming from, but a significant advantage of a forum is that it keeps a fairly well organised record.

Topics may ruffle feathers now and again, but even that is stuff we ought to keep. Nuking it would be sweeping it under the rug for it to spring up again.

Also, buff knockback. Anyone who speaks otherwise is a hairy turnip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

JRanger was a pioneer anda valued member of Freedom server, the best server. His banning was as big a tragedy as the Philadelphia Eagles winning a Super Bowl. A dark day for mankind. 

As someone that was born in Philadelphia and has lived there for 43 years, I must concur on the latter part.  Champion was clearly the best server though.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Apparition said:

As someone that was born in Philadelphia and has lived there for 43 years, I must concur on the latter part.  Champion was clearly the best server though.

You're my kind of Philadelphian! But I'm a Cowboys fan, so you may dislike us too. Which is fair and understandable. 

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Nah.  Champion was so awesome that Cryptic named its next MMOG after it.

Wait...

In fairness, the P&P version of Champions was pretty good.

virtue is still better :>

Edited by ScarySai

1 hour ago, ScarySai said:

In fairness, the P&P version of Champions was pretty good.

virtue is still better 😆

I vastly preferred PnP Champions over the MMO.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

12 hours ago, ScarySai said:

As for Jrangers, it's essentially a declaration of "I'm not mentally mature enough to handle this discussion."

Actually, as the person who posted the first one, it's a tongue in cheek way of saying no referencing a person who just said no to everything, and was meant to be humorous (or see if said jranger had a sense of humor. He did not.) It was a "Are you *sure* you want to be remembered this way?" to the person. It should be posted with a good, smartalec-quality half-smirk on the face. Overuse does lessen its impact. 

And yes, I disagree with purging this unless it's part of a general forum purge for proper maintenance reasons. I don't care if someone doesn't like an idea or it's "pie in the sky" or "Undoable." Changing sonic animations to something non-migrane-causing was declared undoable by the original dev team, who did it anyway a few months later. There are many things we've thought were undoable at one point or another. Some will be, just from how the way the game's coded. (Changing origin/powerset, for instance.) Two years from now, there might be some fundamental change that makes the dev team go "Hey, remember that thing that was asked about? We might be able to do that now, if it's a good idea." Or spark other ideas, which - while not doable the original way - are a starting point for something fun and/or unique.

Tired of seeing "the same" suggestions? Then do something positive about it. Copy what I did. Have some pasta. Make said pasta neutral - no "you're wrong, and stupid for thinking this." A simple "This is not an attack. We've had this suggestion multiple times in the past. This is what we've been told by the devs. Here are some pros and cons from prior discussions. Instead of rearguing it, let's just jump forward and try to make the suggestion better or find an alternate way." Yes, the copypastas did get updated multiple times (ideas for "vehicle travel" come to mind.) No, I don't think I still have th eold ones 🙂

• Like 1

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.