Yellow Salvage, what's up with that?

Yomo Kimyata

I spent yesterday after I posted doing some farming.   Drops look like they are back to more or less what was normal before this whole "WTH is going on with the Yellows" thing.   

I am going with the theory that when they mucked around with the AE missions, they broke something in the way drops were handled.

6 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

I spent yesterday after I posted doing some farming.   Drops look like they are back to more or less what was normal before this whole "WTH is going on with the Yellows" thing.   

I am going with the theory that when they mucked around with the AE missions, they broke something in the way drops were handled.

The drop rate for salvage and recipes while AE farming dropped off a cliff with the February 18th patch.  Coincidentally, the drop rate for salvage and recipes while AE farming  was restored with the same patch that nerfed double INF while malefactored.

14 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

So you're saying it wasn't an evil cabal of players seeking to punish other players while making little if any profit?  UNPOSSIBLE!

No, but the timing (drops mysteriously substantially lowered a couple of months before the double INF while malefactored nerf, and then restored with the patch that nerfed double INF while malefactored), is... interesting.

i sell everything on the AH for less than 1k inf... sometimes even purple recipes if i am being lazy but usually everything but purples for under 1k and i never ever bother the ah for something as silly as yellow salvage that is vendor trash ...same with the white of course...

On 5/15/2020 at 8:26 PM, Chrome said:

i sell everything on the AH for less than 1k inf... sometimes even purple recipes if i am being lazy but usually everything but purples for under 1k and i never ever bother the ah for something as silly as yellow salvage that is vendor trash ...same with the white of course...

I drop all of my white & yellow salvage & (non-PvP/Purple) recipes on the AH for cheap so that enterprising buyers (who are less lazy than I) can buy them for crafting purposes.  Actually taking the time to sell stuff at vendors is way too much work for the return. 😛

• Like 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

• 3 years later
On 5/14/2020 at 1:45 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

an evil cabal of players

I don't know about "evil", but the "ebil marketers" out there have been known for a little market manipulation now and again.

4ZNPYDJMLBABTOLZ4TIJVYAU4I.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 hours ago, tidge said:

To resurrect both a thread and an old Usenet meme: It must be September when the Yellow Salvage prices go above 20 Kinf.

s-l1200.webp

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

The interesting thing was, a week ago, there were 10,021,032 for sale, and today there were 10,022,249 for sale. 

Today, I tested, and none of them were posted for sale below 49,999. I got one buying over 50K, but I didn't try any higher (I don't need them that badly). Someone has also been buying in bulk at about 5k -- so it really is just peaking very high, probably because of the need for instant gratification, and the for-sale postings above 5k and below 50k have been bought out (and possibly reposted well above 50K.)

I sold stacks at 1 million per early last month. They might simply be loading up for the weekend. I hoard the ones I care about and sell of stacks of the ones I don't.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

I sold stacks at 1 million per early last month. They might simply be loading up for the weekend. I hoard the ones I care about and sell of stacks of the ones I don't.

This gets me thinking again. I'm sure the price does bump up over 100K often enough, and that's where the 10,000,000 seeded are. And it's possible (or even very likely) many of those original seeds are sold. And, entirely possible some people not in the know about the seed price have listed theirs for sale above 100K.  

And it would only take about ~1T inf (I propose we call this denomination the Yomodollar)  to buy them all and find out.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Oh no, I'm not going to be re-reading a three year old thread!  What's up with that?

Uncommons went from swimming in paying 1k for one to being able to sell a stack at 1 mill.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

s-l1200.webp

I have it on good authority that the yellow salvage drought will only get worse -- hurry and buy as much as you can! The world is an unstable and scary place. Protect your retirement and alting investments and buy Gold salvage from Yomoland Capital Group today!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

I have it on good authority that the yellow salvage drought will only get worse -- hurry and buy as much as you can! The world is an unstable and scary place. Protect your retirement and alting investments and buy Gold salvage from Yomoland Capital Group today!

604085248_RegentPlotting.gif.835ddc095b331e0adf312a02351f4855.gif

I saw on Sunday I think it was the last 5 were 10k with a 50k. I dumped anything over 5 in storage and got it down in the 7k range. I just checked at it is at 7.5k.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.