Focused Feedback: Costume Editor Updates (Build 5)

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic.
    • Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
    • The thread will be locked when no more feedback is required, but you are more than welcome to continue the discussion in a new thread.
  • Changes from the previous build will be listed in green.
  • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (as in, not changes relevant to the live version of the game) will be listed in blue.

Costume Editor Update

• Now that the back-end costume changes have receiving enough stability testing, we're happy to bring you some long-awaited updates to the costume editor!
    • Please give these updates a thorough test and let us know if anything looks out of place!
  • Auras have been separated into two slots: Auras and Path Auras
  • Boots and gloves now have an asymmetrical toggle, which can be toggled off to allow separate left and right glove and boot selection
  • Not every set of gloves and boots are available in asymmetrical mode - some have been intentionally omitted, please do not report these as bugs
    • More pieces will be added as they pass internal testing and QA
    • All sets of gloves and boots remain available in symmetrical mode
  • Changes in this build:
    • Added asymmetrical options (complete with relevant VFX) for the following:
      • Ascension boots
      • Black Knight boots
      • Rocket boots
      • Piston boots
      • Winged boots
      • Cosmic Corsair peg legs
    • The random button will now occasionally make use of asymmetrical parts
    • The pre-made costume sets will now reset the asymmetry flag
    • Fixed some issues with exporting legacy-compatible costumes (with no asymmetry) for use in i24-based programs (such as Titan Icon)
    • Fixed the asymmetry toggle tooltips being reversed

image.png.1bf4cd4b91e87b90025c44925926e055.png

asym-2.thumb.png.5f96a05184234d4499adf3db11c54157.pngasym-1.thumb.png.a0ba864c15e170136111e5daf9e994a3.png

asym-4.thumb.png.e90b354fe068b5259a981725b5be8671.pngasym-3.thumb.png.2313a885339b556bd2664852fe9179bf.png

asym-5.thumb.png.c6554c9bb2f3ab25edbeaacc35c40ea8.png

• Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

When the costume changes hit live, what are the odds of them breaking existing costumes?  If its likely, i'd like to suggest that people logging in should be given some free tailor tokens so that they can fix any broken costumes without having to blow huge amounts of Influence on it.  

• City Council
Just now, Rosewire said:

When the costume changes hit live, what are the odds of them breaking existing costumes?  If its likely, i'd like to suggest that people logging in should be given some free tailor tokens so that they can fix any broken costumes without having to blow huge amounts of Influence on it.  

None at all. The changes are being built with complete backwards compatibility in mind.

• Like 3

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

None at all. The changes are being built with complete backwards compatibility in mind.

Ah, excellent.  That was my only real concern in that regard, high level costume changes can be very expensive.

I love the single rocketboot thruster!  Good enhancement to the customization options!  Odd there are no "robotic" boots (was going for a missing arm/leg amputee thing).  The corsair pegleg was chosen instead:

image.png.88347aecd7ad7ca01c4da12aa09e4665.png   image.png.03dac900c770b2c96d33aa9f9820f58e.png

As a side question:  Any possibility of custom THRUSTER COLOR?

Edited by r0y
added custom thruster question
  • Like 1

Noticed what appears to be an error.

Attempting to use 2 cosmic corsair hooks like in the costume example posted by @Jimmy the costume creator won't commit the changes. 1 cosmic corsair hook and 1 old pirate hook appears to work.

Likewise 2x cosmic corsair peg legs do not work.

Kind Regards,

@UprightMan

Just wondering, would it be possible to put a button you can toggle to force the game to save a costume file in an i24-compatible form, rather than rely on the creator to do that itself if the costume you’re trying to save should be kosher?

• City Council
45 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Just wondering, would it be possible to put a button you can toggle to force the game to save a costume file in an i24-compatible form, rather than rely on the creator to do that itself if the costume you’re trying to save should be kosher?

If you're asking for a toggle that would disable the asymmetry and extra aura and revert the costume menu to i24 state, then no, that'll be massive amount of work because of how the costume menu is built and structured. If you're asking for the client to "drop" extra parts when forcing i24 compatilibility, that will not help because the i24 client will just give a different error (invalid parts instead of invalid number of parts) and refuse to load the costume anyway, which may result in complaints about "i24 compatibility not working" no matter how many disclaimers we put there. If you have a Page 5 costume that you want to load in i24, your best bet is to use Notepad to make two changes:

• NumParts 28 in the header. All i24 costumes have 28 costume parts; even if nothing is attached to a bodypart, the number remains constant.
  • Count the CostumePart blocks and make sure there's 30 in total. All i24 costumes have 30 CostumePart blocks; delete any extra, add any missing.

The costume will still not load if you have asymmetric parts or extra auras, but it will be syntactically correct and enable the "Attempt Costume Fix" option in the i24 client.

2 hours ago, Faultline said:

If you're asking for a toggle that would disable the asymmetry and extra aura and revert the costume menu to i24 state, then no, that'll be massive amount of work because of how the costume menu is built and structured. If you're asking for the client to "drop" extra parts when forcing i24 compatilibility, that will not help because the i24 client will just give a different error (invalid parts instead of invalid number of parts) and refuse to load the costume anyway, which may result in complaints about "i24 compatibility not working" no matter how many disclaimers we put there.

I was thinking something along the lines of, on the menu to save a costume, there's a button that says something like "Force Compatibility." And when you save, it takes maybe the left glove and boot selections and saves them as if they were a typical i24 symmetrical glove or boot option, and throws out the selections in the extra slots. But it sounds like you're saying there's not an easy way for the client to figure out which i24 symmetrical gloves or boots corresponds to the i26 asymmetrical option?

If a "force compatibility" toggle isn't possible, what about an indicator in the saving screen that lets you know ahead of time if the costume will be backwards-compatible?

• City Council

That’s correct, due to the way the costume menus are set up there’s no direct 1:1 correlation between left/right gloves and the corresponding symmetrical gloves. Some may be named the same but use completely different geos. In theory there could be two entirely different lists of parts when you switch modes.

A good example is the COV era pirate hook, where the right hand is just the regular “bare” hand, so in asym mode it was removed from the list for that hand. Or Cosmic Corsair where the “symmetrical” options use a geo with an arm missing combined with an fx for the hook/peg, which is still causing some issues.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Number Six said:

A good example is the COV era pirate hook, where the right hand is just the regular “bare” hand, so in asym mode it was removed from the list for that hand. Or Cosmic Corsair where the “symmetrical” options use a geo with an arm missing combined with an fx for the hook/peg, which is still causing some issues.

That's another thing I wanted to ask, could we get the old pirate hook and peg leg available for both arms and legs?

On 3/14/2020 at 4:18 AM, Spellward said:

Noticed what appears to be an error.

Attempting to use 2 cosmic corsair hooks like in the costume example posted by @Jimmy the costume creator won't commit the changes. 1 cosmic corsair hook and 1 old pirate hook appears to work.

Likewise 2x cosmic corsair peg legs do not work.

Yeah, I mentioned that up in the Bug section.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• Jimmy locked and unpinned this topic