Focused Feedback: Dark Miasma (Release Candidates)

15 hours ago, MagicSquid said:

I'd like to encourage the devs to consider buffing the Defender dark sets rather than nerfing the  Corruptor/MM sets if they really want to bring them in line. These "bugs" have been in place for 15 years or so and it's not like people were beating down the door to have them corrected.

Don't think that's gonna happen.  This seems to be more about standardizing all the numbers first and foremost--they'll probably tweak it from there if it still needs one.

• Like 2

• Jimmy changed the title to Focused Feedback: Dark Miasma (RC 1)

Hi, I thought I'd chime in since I do most of the cheerleading for /Dark on the MM forums. I think these changes barely impact MMs. From what I can see the strongest part of TG is completely unaffected - the stackable debuff it places due to being a pseudopet. The Dark Servant also still seems to maintain defender scaling(please don't change it :P). The heal nerf is practically irrelevant for an MM - TG was already one of the best heals in the game, now it's...still one of the best heals in the game.

The nerf to Tar Patch is a bit more noticable, but the ATs that can use /Dark can also stack a lot of -Res, so the end result is not as bad.

I think the biggest problem with /Dark is that it's a great fit for MMs, and it works for Controllers due to Dark Affinity's Fade. It underperforms for Corruptors and Defenders. Maybe Defenders can be given Dark Affinity instead of Dark Miasma as well. I don't really know what to do about it on Corruptors. One option would be to give Dark Affinity to everyone, but significantly nerf Fade, or make it replace Shadow Fall, or something along those lines.

Edited by BGSacho
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, BGSacho said:

I think the biggest problem with /Dark is that it's a great fit for MMs, and it works for Controllers due to Dark Affinity's Fade. It underperforms for Corruptors and Defenders. 

No, it does not underperform.  Many of the more recent additions Overperform, but that is not the same thing.

Dark Affinity may overperform.  Dark Miasma has always been, and still is, a great set that performs so well it can sustain a worthless power such as Black Hole and STILL be a top set.

• Jimmy changed the title to Focused Feedback: Dark Miasma (Release Candidates)

The changes to Tar patch on corruptors makes it even less likely that people play them. Dark defenders already get higher modifiers on all of their powers and so they are even easier to softcap and use extra slots for procs so that defenders can be even tankier and deal more dmg than corruptors with the procs. Dark Miasma is one of the few sets that it is still a decent idea to roll as a corruptor over a defender. Without having tar patch be equal -res you might as well just always roll a defender and proc out your attacks. 

There are already long threads about why you should roll a defender over a corruptor most of the time, why weaken corruptors even more? They are already not in that great of a place in the game as it is today.

2 hours ago, Darkir said:

The changes to Tar patch on corruptors makes it even less likely that people play them. Dark defenders already get higher modifiers on all of their powers and so they are even easier to softcap and use extra slots for procs so that defenders can be even tankier and deal more dmg than corruptors with the procs. Dark Miasma is one of the few sets that it is still a decent idea to roll as a corruptor over a defender. Without having tar patch be equal -res you might as well just always roll a defender and proc out your attacks. 

There are already long threads about why you should roll a defender over a corruptor most of the time, why weaken corruptors even more? They are already not in that great of a place in the game as it is today.

That will no longer be an issue once procs are heavily nerfed.

• Like 3

• Jimmy unpinned this topic

6% or 10% are actually gigantic.

Assault adds maybe 5% on masterminds, assuming 100% enhancement in powers.

Gaining a 10% or 6% boost in effectiveness at endgame is usually incredibly expensive investment.

Making it equal to a sleet is a good suggestion - would be a buff on defenders and neutral on everybody else.

• Jimmy locked this topic