Mids' Reborn Unofficial (MRBU)

Felis Noctu

32 minutes ago, plainguy said:

Will this mess up my OLD builds I have already ? 

Just want to know where I stand before I try this as I don't want to lose what I have now. 

But I am sure I am missing out because I don't have all the current updates especially with the new set coming out soon.

No.

Mids uses IDs to determine what you've done in your build, among other things. The only time a build would be affected would be if, as Caulderone said, you had a very old build (that includes builds from before the Fitness pool was an inherent), and even then only the things that were drastically changed would be affected.

The oldest build I can load without an actual error in Mids (due to a drastic formatting change in the save files themselves) is from June 2008, and this is the only problem it has:
m2NrDBb.png

Otherwise it loads up just fine:
Ia91BTu.png

• Like 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

1 hour ago, JackDaniels said:

I thought they had it fixed so you could just use the check for updates in the mids reborn. it worked there at first  any reason why not using that?

The developer of Mids Reborn is no longer actively working the project, so there is no update after 2.6.0.7 (or whatever it is). That is why the unofficial changes here (MRBU) are being done. Other programmers are tweaking things in the program and pushing their own up to date stuff so that Mids Reborn doesnt become too outdated. Plus they are incorporating fixes along the way, like the Fly Speed calculations.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Pine just a little while ago mentioned in the Discord that he has all the current Page 5 changes ready to go, though he isn't sure if he caught everything. It's intended to be released with Mids' official Check for Updates function. I'm currently working on the update myself (stuck on the Web Cocoon changes because of some mild clunkiness), but we have the main powers already implemented.

Pine has made some changes to the program that we haven't, and we've made some changes that he hasn't, so it's going to be a game of whodunnit for a few days. 😛

• Like 1

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

Our repo has some of the changes for Page 5 cemented in, so if you want them, go check the Bleeding Edge instructions.

I would have done more, but in the process of implementing some of the changes I stumbled across some bad numbers. Basically, a lot of the epic pools are shared between Scrapper and Stalker, and as it turns out the effect scales for those two ATs aren't quite the same. As a result I had to split Mace Mastery into two unique sets and retool them to match. I then moved onto Leviathan Mastery and cried a little. 😛

So I thought I'd move on and start working on other things. I hit the Dark Miasma changes and thought "Well that shouldn't be an issue, I think Mids already uses the AT modifiers." Nope. It was at that point that I realized it was around 1:30am and I should probably go to bed.

So uh... more tomorrow! If Pine gets the official release out before I finish with ours, I'll cross over to compare and merge with that instead.

• Like 2

~ The Meowcronomicon

"Stage 2" of Page 5 has been pushed through, so Bleeding Edge has more changes!

I'm going to stop for a bit for now. I've been burning myself out (10+ hours per day for 10+ days on Mids updates and experimentation is melting my brain), so I need to take a breather here. Maybe actually play the game a little. 😛

EDIT:
For transparency, what's left from the Page 5 patch isn't much. They're mostly inconsequential updates that require larger amounts of work on our end (like adding crit/assassination to the Scrapper/Stalker shared epic pools requires us duplicating and editing each unique set due to scale differences), with the exception of the Shadow Maul damage change. The damage scales in Mids don't match the values pre-change on HC, so we may need to review those entire sets instead of just Shadow Maul itself.

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

~ The Meowcronomicon

DUDE, 100 hours??? That's nuts, I don't think I even put 100 hours total into my Desktop Alpha yet... I feel your pain, and can't imagine, my eyes would go all woggly if I spent that long looking at code.

I'm out.

1 hour ago, The Philotic Knight said:

DUDE, 100 hours??? That's nuts, I don't think I even put 100 hours total into my Desktop Alpha yet... I feel your pain, and can't imagine, my eyes would go all woggly if I spent that long looking at code.

Some code, mostly database. Not that that makes it any better! Basically a crapton of screwing around implementing various things in numerous different ways and testing effects. I'm effectively trying to lead a charge of "break away from importing directly from the game and implement things in Mids in ways that are consistent and don't feel held together by duct tape and prayers". I figure if I'm going to be trying to push that, I should at least know what works and what doesn't. It's paid off so far! We've managed to fix a few issues that have been lurking for a very long time (not including the shutdown period). I just need to, you know, wind it back a bit before I end up never wanting to see this thing ever again. 😛

1 hour ago, Phoenix' said:

Anyone else has their pool powers like this?

zc_Leadership
zn_Experimentation

Yup, as Caulderone mentioned, those are powersets/pool related to any additions or changes on the beta server.

If you install the Bleeding Edge version of MRBU, the only one still prefixed like that is zc_Leadership, which will be left for a reasonable period of time after we finally do a Release version so that people can swap their builds with zc_Leadership back to the regular Leadership without having their enhancements unslotted from the powers. (Renaming the display name of a set won't affect builds. Removing a set can cause an an error popup, but won't hurt the build. It just means those powers can't be found so you'll have some blank spots to fill in.)

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Thanks 1

~ The Meowcronomicon

The 5 and 6 set bonus for Power Transfer appear to be wrong in the builder.

In game the 5 set is 9% accuracy but the builder says 7%, and similarly the recharge bonus for the 6 set is 7.5% in game but only 5% in the builder.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

2 minutes ago, EarlyGene said:

what's the difference between zc_Leadership and normal Leadership?

Activation time changes.  From the patch notes:

Leadership

• The following Leadership powers have had their activation time reduced from 3.63 seconds to 1.5 seconds:
    • Pools > Leadership > Maneuvers
    • Pools > Leadership >Assault
    • Pools > Leadership >Tactics

6 hours ago, EarlyGene said:

what's the difference between zc_Leadership and normal Leadership?

22 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Anything prefixed with Z like that was on Beta (experimentation is new, leadership activation time changes) as of the last update to the planner.

5 hours ago, Psyonico said:

So, question:

when/if mids gets updated and the ZC_ disappears from Elec Affinity/Leadership will our builds still work or will that break them?

21 hours ago, Felis Noctu said:

If you install the Bleeding Edge version of MRBU, the only one still prefixed like that is zc_Leadership, which will be left for a reasonable period of time after we finally do a Release version so that people can swap their builds with zc_Leadership back to the regular Leadership without having their enhancements unslotted from the powers. (Renaming the display name of a set won't affect builds. Removing a set can cause an an error popup, but won't hurt the build. It just means those powers can't be found so you'll have some blank spots to fill in.)

To rephrase that:
- New sets like Experimentation and Electrical Affinity won't be affected at all. They're being renamed but keep the same set ID.

- Leadership and other changed sets will keep their Beta-version pool for a limited time to allow people to switch over to the Live version. If you miss your window you'll end up with an error popup saying that the powerset can't be found, but all that does is leave power holes with slots assigned in the build. In those cases you just select the powers from the Live set, then stick your enhancements back in.

~ The Meowcronomicon

On 3/24/2020 at 3:40 AM, Felis Noctu said:

Who?

@Zed (Discord: Zed#7901)
@Felis Noctu (Discord: Feles Noctis#9086)
@Procat (Discord: Procat#3599)
Crytilis/Metalios (Discord: Metalios#2673)

I just want to thank you guys for doing this! I was using the super outdated version of Mids and didn't realize until today that there was a new version that was being updated. Just wanted me among the many to express my gratitude for your hard work all! *Virtual round of drinks on me!*

• Like 3

Also want to chime in and thank you for all your continuing work on this! 

I noticed something when toying with elec affinity on the weekly release:  alpha doesn't seem to affect their hover numbers

Edited by JayboH
  • Like 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 4/2/2020 at 2:20 AM, LQT said:

The 5 and 6 set bonus for Power Transfer appear to be wrong in the builder.

In game the 5 set is 9% accuracy but the builder says 7%, and similarly the recharge bonus for the 6 set is 7.5% in game but only 5% in the builder.

Just realized that somehow I missed this. Added to the list!

There are a number of set bonuses I'm not 100% sure are correct, including things that may or may not have been undocumented changes.

At the moment I'm going through a recharge phase while we wait to see what the official Mids update will contain. Metalios has joined Pine in getting in contact with us again, so we're starting to see a bit of momentum.

• Like 2

~ The Meowcronomicon

On 3/26/2020 at 9:25 PM, Xandyr said:

For the life of me, I can't get this to work. I have the Mids Reborn folder on my desktop. When I want to launch it, I click on that folder, then scroll down to Hero Designer.exe, then the builder launches. I followed this :

• Click Download Weekly Release
  • Click "Source code (zip)" under "Assets" section of most recent Weekly

• Open downloaded file

• Extract contents of "MRB-Updates-######" to Mids install folder, overwriting as prompted

• For a clean install, only extract the "Data" and "Images" folders

However, after I open the downloaded file, it'll extract the files to the "Mids Reborn" folder on my desktop. But, when I launch Mids Reborn, it is not updated.

Do I need to delete everything associated with Mids, and start all over? I guess I'm an idiot... 🤬

Same troubles here, wish they had a video out or somethin to let us see a step by step... not everyone is fancy with computer downloads.

10 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

The very next post, I explained how to do it manually.

I read that and it was like reading foreign language lol. more of a visual person. at this point I'd pay to have someone post a video of it.

Edited by NyteOwl

We've been busy today. Procat especially.

To celebrate a huge enormous major step forward, we've got some stuff to show you guys.

qnd6YT4_edit.thumb.png.b8df586f766dbc40d57dbb4b29147686.png

LpiMtfW_edit.png.713a1c3ec917900b55406896dcd948eb.png

IRiVQCb.png.377a72f742743757e5ed9c9f5b1d7dcb.png

We have Pine and Metalios in our private dev chat with us, and they have the link to the repo with the code changes, so they're kept in the loop. The future's looking pretty good!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

~ The Meowcronomicon

1 hour ago, kenlon said:

Does the MRBU database take into account the bonuses you get from Fighting pool synergy, or do I need to mentally adjust the numbers it gives? 

At the moment, no, you need to manage it mentally. The game uses an expression to apply those bonuses, and Mids doesn't understand the expression format. To do it in Mids we need to create conditional checks, which at the moment we only have some of I believe. Basically the ones on Cross Punch for when you have Boxing and Kick. Metalios was working through that pool when he was pulled away from the project in the past so it wasn't entirely finished.

Went and checked. We have checks for Boxing and Kick, but not for Cross Punch. Not to mention I think we would also need variations on these for every relevant AT passive (Critical Hit, Containment, Assassination, etc). The synergy changes made to Fighting had a massive butterfly effect on the set for Mids. I'll add it to our project list, but it's definitely much more complicated than it appears on the surface. I didn't even realize it myself until looking at it just now.

~ The Meowcronomicon