Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

24 minutes ago, damienray said:

Hey Solarverse - just fyi - frozen foot stomp still showing as v2 in CoH Modder.

Corrected. Had to change the version since version 3 never uploaded, but it is now Frozen Foot Stomp (v5) Thanks for catching that!

Solarverse, is it the case that to get the mods I have to have the tool? Was just wondering. I sometimes like installing files by hand.

But more important, is there a mod that completely blanks out the sound of the Umbra Beast, rather than replacing it?

Thanks very much.

1 hour ago, PorkTips said:

Solarverse, is it the case that to get the mods I have to have the tool? Was just wondering. I sometimes like installing files by hand.

But more important, is there a mod that completely blanks out the sound of the Umbra Beast, rather than replacing it?

Thanks very much.

There is a way to silence it. Is there a specific sound that you want silenced? The Umbra Beast has quite a few sound bites he uses. Like over 10 or 12 if memory serves.

Soul Mage Energy Aura Mod!

A new mod for Energy Aura that was designed to pair with the Kinetic Melee Soul Mage Mod!

It's creepy, spooky and terrifying! Just as it should be! Utilize the souls of your victims to 

generate the power needed for your shields and you use your powers to devour more souls

to fuel your soul powers with this new and fun mod! Exclusively on the CoH Modder Tool!

@Myrmidon  I think you would love this.  😉

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Solarverse said:

There is a way to silence it. Is there a specific sound that you want silenced? The Umbra Beast has quite a few sound bites he uses. Like over 10 or 12 if memory serves.

I'm not sure. I'd have to dig out my Dark/Storm and remind myself. But in theory, all of them. 🙂 I think it was the constant howling and barking, not sure if that's specific enough. Like, when I'm not fighting.

20 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Ok, I went to remind myself and .... yes, all the sounds are frustrating. In particular all the howls. So maybe everything. 🙂

30 minutes ago, PorkTips said:

I'm not sure. I'd have to dig out my Dark/Storm and remind myself. But in theory, all of them. 🙂 I think it was the constant howling and barking, not sure if that's specific enough. Like, when I'm not fighting.

Do you want to keep the attack SFX but just lose the constant barking when idle? Just a head's up in case you are interested, the mod I have for Dark Control actually makes that sound worth listening to. He doesn't bark anymore, but rather sounds like a demon hound. However, if that is not your thing I can roll out a mod that just silences the idle barking if you prefer.

21 minutes ago, PorkTips said:

Ok, I went to remind myself and .... yes, all the sounds are frustrating. In particular all the howls. So maybe everything. 🙂

Guess I should have read this first, heh.

I'll quote you and post here when the mod is ready.

Just now, Solarverse said:

Do you want to keep the attack SFX but just lose the constant barking when idle? Just a head's up in case you are interested, the mod I have for Dark Control actually makes that sound worth listening to. He doesn't bark anymore, but rather sounds like a demon hound. However, if that is not your thing I can roll out a mod that just silences the idle barking if you prefer.

Wow, I wasnt sure you were offering, but I appreciate it.

While the idle barking is irritating, what really annoyed me was all the howls, which mainly seemed to come during combat.

I didnt mind that low "spectral indigestion" sound it makes, its really the howls.

16 minutes ago, PorkTips said:

Wow, I wasnt sure you were offering, but I appreciate it.

While the idle barking is irritating, what really annoyed me was all the howls, which mainly seemed to come during combat.

I didnt mind that low "spectral indigestion" sound it makes, its really the howls.

All barking and howls have been removed and the howling attack has been replaced with a new sound effect. If you don't like the new sound effect, let me know. It's listed on the CoH Modder Tool under Mute Umbra Beast

15 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

All barking and howls have been removed and the howling attack has been replaced with a new sound effect. If you don't like the new sound effect, let me know. It's listed on the CoH Modder Tool under Mute Umbra Beast

Thanks! I'll check it out. I have to get the tool to get the files, I believe? I'll do that later tonight after I do dinner and etc.

Thanks very much!

5 minutes ago, PorkTips said:

Thanks! I'll check it out. I have to get the tool to get the files, I believe? I'll do that later tonight after I do dinner and etc.

Thanks very much!

I suggest taking a look at the tutorial video on the front page. It shows you how to get the tool and shows you how to operate it. It makes life a hell of a lot easier.

On 10/24/2020 at 7:10 PM, PorkTips said:

Sorry, I completely forgot to answer this question.

Some of my earlier mods you can do this with. However, due to the time it takes to give detail instructions and due to the fact that after playing around with the mods for a while I end up seeing ways to improve the sounds or adjust volumes of sounds, I tend to update the versions often. So the best way is to just use the modder tool. My earlier mods are still listed though, although most of them are out of date by now and are basically the Beta version of my mods. For an example, if you DL the sound bites for my Electric ranged mod, you won't be getting the new hard hitting and super realistic lightning strike sound effects that it now has...nor will you be getting the new Snipe or the new Tesla Cage SFX mods that were added a few weeks back.

What you could do, is just download the mods off the modder tool, locate the file that the downloaded mods are saved to and then manually install them. However...that may get difficult over time. For an example, I have a really cool Lightsaber SFX mod for Katana and Duel Wield, however, you will only want to use that mod when you are playing your Katana/Duel Wield toon, because those sound bites also affect some Rikti and some attacks by MM pets. It would really sound out of place if you were not playing a Katan or DW character using the Lightsaber skin that is an option for the skins.

So even then, I would still say the best way to keep up with the mods and use them only when you want them is through the Modder Tool. I am like you, I prefer installing uninstalling on my own, but the modder tool makes this sooooo much easier since I do not have to keep up with what sound bite goes with what power.

Edited by Solarverse

Hey Solarverse - I know probably have requests left & right, but after hearing your newest sound mods I got to thinking that it'd be cool if the Kinetic set had a more "witchy/dark" theme to it. Like sucking the life out of your targets. Just a passing thought. Tons of thanks to you for the newest stuff. It's great!

42 minutes ago, damienray said:

Hey Solarverse - I know probably have requests left & right, but after hearing your newest sound mods I got to thinking that it'd be cool if the Kinetic set had a more "witchy/dark" theme to it. Like sucking the life out of your targets. Just a passing thought. Tons of thanks to you for the newest stuff. It's great!

It could happen.  😉

I haven't successfully downloaded the mod tool, so I can't test these in game yet. But from what I read, I'd like to suggest some altered sound sets:

For Sonic Blast - a more musical theme. Actually, this could be hundreds of different musical themes, but lets start with one. Gregorian chants, perhaps? Or wind instruments?

For Ice Blast - Ice is hard but frail and shatters with a sound like shattering glass. It is also sharp and pierces and punctures. The default sounds are more like a chill wind.

32 minutes ago, VanguardXL said:

Mod site is apparently down or gone. CoH Modder tool doesn't connect either.

Temporarily down. From my server host:

I had to reach out to our tech team regarding this issue because as I scan the server, it was not responding accordingly so I assumed that our admins may be working on it. And upon consulting, I was able to confirm that our engineers performed an emergency maintenance to update the servers hardware.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide an exact ETA as this is being handled by a different department but I have listed your account as one of the affected users. I cannot guarantee any notification but please do monitor the site from time to time as our admins are actively working on this to ensure the server is back to its optimal state

However, all previously downloaded or installed mods should still work!

Probably a good idea when the server comes back up, to go ahead and click the "Fresh Start" button to ensure that you have all of the files locally in case that happens again. 😉

Edited by The Philotic Knight
I'm out.

BANSHEE SONIC BLAST

CUSTOM SFX MOD!

This mod gives Sonic Blast the sound effects of a real banshee...well...

at least it sounds like one! This uses male and female screams with a few

extra effects to create a realistic sounding banshee scream for each

Sonic Blast power, as a Banshee will summon the screams of their

devoured souls to unleash unholy terror among the mortals it hunts!

This is a gender neutral mod for any character regardless of your

gender, as it uses both male and female screams to create the most

realistic Banshee screams possible if they were to actually exist!

Homecoming does not currently allow videos of game footage on this

server for the time being, so until that restriction is lifted, please

do not expect actual video footage. However, below is game footage

with the picture blacked out showing my testing in RWZ against the

target dummies. Hope the Banshee fans out there enjoy! Available

only on the CoH Modder Tool!

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

I loved this program. But I think you could put some examples of how to do some things on your site. If I want to change all the pictures on the walls of the missions for the wallpapers that I have saved here on my computer, how would I do it?

Edited by captainstar

7 hours ago, captainstar said:

I loved this program. But I think you could put some examples of how to do some things on your site. If I want to change all the pictures on the walls of the missions for the wallpapers that I have saved here on my computer, how would I do it?

Sorry, but that's not anything I offer. I offer Sound Mods only. You would have to ask a graphics modder that question. I honestly don't think that can be done though, I believe that is server side. We can only manipulate the things that are on client side.