Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self

After reading this thread:  

I realized that a Regen Brute could slot this in Physical Perfection, Quick Recovery, Superior Conditioning and also in Stamina?  

A 5% heal proc'ing 3 times/minute in 4 powers.  Seems quite good?

• Like 1

At Max HP for a Brute (3212.59), Regen.Tissue + Regen is worth 3.34 HP/Sec.

The PT:Heal is 5% of base HP (1499) = 74.95.  That works out to 3.7475 HP/Sec.

Now, /Regen has some powers that do way better than that until the ED cap.  But, it is something worth looking in to if you want to max HP/Sec.

@Caulderone, right.

So, if this is slotted in 4 auto powers this would mean 14.99 HP/Sec (4*3.7475) . 

Since the heal is 5% of base (1499), this would essentially mean that one would be regenerating 1% of their health every second.  Strange how those numbers so perfectly match - i.e. 1499 base HP and 14.99 HP/sec.

I think I'll try this out non-scientifically.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:22 AM, Werner said:

Adding regen to Regen is rarely your best option. But I'm so doing this on my StJ/SR in Stamina, Superior Conditioning, and Physical Perfection. Just need to figure out the right build tweaks to fit it in.

Was pondering the same for my claws/sr(s).

On 4/3/2020 at 6:31 AM, Caulderone said:

At Max HP for a Brute (3212.59), Regen.Tissue + Regen is worth 3.34 HP/Sec.

The PT:Heal is 5% of base HP (1499) = 74.95.  That works out to 3.7475 HP/Sec.

Now, /Regen has some powers that do way better than that until the ED cap.  But, it is something worth looking in to if you want to max HP/Sec.

You did a lot of the math for this already, so perhaps you can check my work. The amount of enhanceable regeneration required in a power to make it more desirable to slot a Heal IO instead of a PT:Heal is:

Regen > 60% x (BaseHP/MaxHP) / EnhancementAdded

For example, let's assume a Brute that has max HP equal to 2248.5 (50% more than base) and we slot 42.4% Heal IO (no E.D.) we get

Regen > 60% x (1/1.50) / 0.424 = 40% / 0.424 = 94.34%

So a power that provides 95% enhanceable regeneration would be better served for slotting than the PT:Heal. 

Now let's say a regen power is already 2 slotted with two +5 IOs (thus it has reached full E.D.). Then adding a third +5 IO would equate to adding only 15% of the 53% = 7.95%. Thus in the same example provided earlier, we would need the enhanceable recharge to be:

Regen > 40% / 0.0795 = 503.14%. I dont know of any power that offers this much enhanceable regeneration. IH for Regeneration has base 800% regen, but only 200% of that is enhanceable.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 4/3/2020 at 10:22 AM, Werner said:

But I'm so doing this on my StJ/SR in Stamina, Superior Conditioning, and Physical Perfection. Just need to figure out the right build tweaks to fit it in.

6 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Was pondering the same for my claws/sr(s).

Way worth it on SR, probably more so than on most other sets.

5 minutes ago, Bopper said:

You did a lot of the math for this already, so perhaps you can check my work. The amount of enhanceable regeneration required in a power to make it more desirable to slot a Heal IO instead of a PT:Heal is:

Regen > 60% x (BaseHP/MaxHP) / EnhancementAdded

For example, let's assume a Brute that has max HP equal to 2248.5 (50% more than base) and we slot 42.4% Heal IO (no E.D.) we get

Regen > 60% x (1/1.50) / 0.424 = 40% / 0.424 = 94.34%

So a power that provides 95% enhanceable regeneration would be better served for slotting than the PT:Heal. 

Now let's say a regen power is already 2 slotted with two +5 IOs (thus it has reached full E.D.). Then adding a third +5 IO would equate to adding only 15% of the 53% = 7.95%. Thus in the same example provided earlier, we would need the enhanceable recharge to be:

Regen > 40% / 0.0795 = 503.14%. I dont know of any power that offers this much enhanceable regeneration. IH for Regeneration has base 800% regen, but only 200% of that is enhanceable.

Looks all good to me.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 7:26 AM, 25625 said:

After reading this thread:  

I realized that a Regen Brute could slot this in Physical Perfection, Quick Recovery, Superior Conditioning and also in Stamina?  

A 5% heal proc'ing 3 times/minute in 4 powers.  Seems quite good?

Ugh.  This has been revisited in the OP linked there.  Werner caught the issue.

Any past the 1st PT:Heal is gimped and not likely worth it.

I wonder if from the ame power stacks, or adds more time to it, or simply overwrites?

Because that particularly IO could be an absolute beast for something like fire, ice, rad, or EA that has an end-draining aoe.

heck, I am considering adding one to EVERY POWER in my time/electric defender.

• 2 months later
4 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

My question is if it only procs every ten seconds in an auto power, does that affect putting it in an attack. Electric melee can go ham on it along with putting the one from sleep IOs in 2 attacks.

From discussions I've seen on the topic, the diminishing returns from having multiples in autos plays no role on when you have them slotted in attacks although there's some minuscule chance of the attack firing off on the same server tick as the auto which would then bring it into play. Buddy of mine loaded up an sr/elec tank with them in his attacks and was quite pleased.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

From discussions I've seen on the topic, the diminishing returns from having multiples in autos plays no role on when you have them slotted in attacks although there's some minuscule chance of the attack firing off on the same server tick as the auto which would then bring it into play. Buddy of mine loaded up an sr/elec tank with them in his attacks and was quite pleased.

Yup, I've done the same thing on my Shield/Elec tank and it's a constant stream of green numbers!

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...