Inf Sink Ideas

Gremlin

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Except ... prestige wasn't an INF sink.  It was simply another currency (that we no longer have a use for and is therefore worthless).

It was absolutely an inf sink.  IIRC it was an exchange rate of 2000:1.

Who run Bartertown?

Yes, to exchange to a currency we no longer use or need or have a use for.

If you're that desperate to burn influence, go to the Merit Kiosk and convert 1 million INF to 1 merit.

At least merits serve a currency purpose, while prestige does not.  Everything you would have spent prestige on now costs zero prestige ... so prestige is useless to us as an INF sink on Homecoming.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

The efficiency of any influence sink comes down to the value destroyed. Useless prestige is a great inf sink in that light. End value = 0.

If you're wondering whether anyone would convert inf to prestige, I'm reading @cyvert's post as: let's bring back the SG ranking list, purely for vanity purposes.

• Like 1

How about a single slot mover for x inf?

Somewhere in most of my builds I have a misplaced slot and sure as eggs do not want to burn a whole respect just to move one slot.

Lose any enhancer in slot so a replacement would need to be purchased as well so more inf spent.

No limits on times bought so I can tinker instead of respecing.

Oh and no more total screw up of trays after respec, bliss!

Cheers

• Like 3

Well, there are tons of ways to go through your billions.

-One that I never see mentioned is why not kit out a friend's toon for them? A high end build can easily take care of well over a billion INF for you! However, humans are greedy and I can't see too many doing this. They'd rather drop a billion on an exclusive badge or something.

-Players can hold their own costume contests (used to be pretty common)

Additional items that could be added to game? Tons of ideas but the dev team is probably limited and can't focus time/energy to helping you spend your billions. 

Honestly, I am playing more during the Time of the Pandemic! and have thought about INF sink ideas. Honestly, I'd prefer the devs work on game items like new TFs/SFs/trials, ATs, powers, missions etc. Players have a few options to spend their INF. 

My suggestion: add more P2W temp powers, specifically charges for temp powers you can get from mayhem and safeguard missions. Basically everything listed in these two boxes:

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Temporary_Powers#Mayhem_and_Safeguard_Missions_Powers

Possible additions could include the minigun temp power and the heavy pistol from the Going Rogue missions. Also, the 'Deevolution' form shift power you have a low chance to get from the secondary evolution buff for pure giggles.

There have been real economic studies on this, and generally speaking in relation to the game's economy "high end" inf sinks server little to no purpose.   

1) "Hoarding, but not using" inf is, for purposes of the game economy, very similar to that inf not existing.  it's not circulating, so it's not having any real impact.  There IS a risk that it could enter back into circulation, of course, but only if there are things that arise worth buying- and even then, there's a limit to that.

2) If you make a "1 billion inf" sink, the people who are going to buy it are not going to make themselves broke by buying it early.   They're going to wait until they have enough BEYOND that amount to cover all their foreseeable needs OR they'll work to rapidly regain their losses, both of which negate the impact on the economy.

These do have value as prestige items, don't get me wrong, but there's a reason why devs are so willing to just make a new currency to deal with the new expansion's rewards (vanguard merits, Astral merits, Emperyan merits).   It prevents the out-of-control hoarding of the old currency from wiping the value in the new achievements.

all that said, I sure wouldn't object to something that converts inf to incarnate-related stuff.    

• 2 weeks later

Candidly, I would love a bank account in game. Instead of E-mails, we stash it in the "bank", accessible by any of our alts (under the same global). 

Further - all balances would be public information so we can see who's struggling, who's not. And we are free to make deposits to any account anonymously - but no withdrawals by non-account holders. 

Another fun thought  or two: 

Pre-formed SG bases for 100 Billion inf. 

Instant ATT, Mission TP and Team TP recharges for 100 Billion each. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 1

Oh - another thought! 

SG Rename tokens for 10 Billion or so. 

I've often read people looking for the cosmic tp macro - and thought - "Hey, I could make them a functional SG fairly quickly and just give it to them. Load it up with one set of each purple, Some PvP IOs, Each ATO set for each AT...a few loaded salvage racks." 

But I'm fairly certain that even though folks might be willing to assume ownership of the base, loot it dry and then make their own with their own name...or not make their own and still ask for the tp macro...just makes the idea less than savory for me. 

But if they could pick their own name, it'd likely be an effort that most folks would appreciate and use. 

• Like 1