Please, one Nemesis invasion at once

Nemesis turns up in several zones at once during the event. I appreciate there's a Watsonian explanation for this ("He would attack all of Paragon City, spreading their defenses so thin that even the combined might of the city's Heroes would be unable to stop his automaton army"), but from a Doylist point of view it's undesirable.

It's harder to organise teams/leagues for it, especially for redsiders. Rikti or zombies turn up in one zone at once; everyone knows where they have to be.

The odds of being annoyed by it if you're in a zone and doing something else are higher. Worst case, you're trying to hunt 50 of something that isn't grey to you in a taskforce.

It produces a large number of messages in whatever chat tab you have it in, potentially causing you to miss other messages you cared about. This is exacerbated by how chatty Nemesis is for each zone he attacks.

None of these is a major gripe, but they're all irritating and it's not clear the event would be damaged in any way if it happened in one zone at once like every other zone event.

• Like 1

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

20 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

WTH is a doylist? You kids with your strange new slang.

And Nemmy dont care about you, he dont care about your comfort. He wants one thing. My sweet sweet immortal arse!

You'd have to be a real Sherlock to get the term Doylist.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

And Nemmy dont care about you, he dont care about your comfort. He wants one thing. My sweet sweet immortal arse!

"With real world perspective.  Outside of, or setting aside the narrative."

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

1 hour ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Sorry, I forget the terms (which are not from this century) are not universally recognised. "Watsonian" is an in-universe explanation; "Sherlock took this client's case because he sympathised with her plight and found it intriguing". Doylist is an out-of-universe explanation; "Sherlock took this client's case because Conan Doyle had thought of a new kind of locked-room mystery which demanded that the client be a vicar's daughter."

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

4 hours ago, thunderforce said:

Sorry, I forget the terms (which are not from this century) are not universally recognised. "Watsonian" is an in-universe explanation; "Sherlock took this client's case because he sympathised with her plight and found it intriguing". Doylist is an out-of-universe explanation; "Sherlock took this client's case because Conan Doyle had thought of a new kind of locked-room mystery which demanded that the client be a vicar's daughter."

You sound like a bloody sherlockian. only one of those I can stand is Stephan Fry. Frankly I favored some of his lesser known stuff like the Pole Star or the one about the mummy more. Im more of a lovecraftian myself.

3 hours ago, Haijinx said:

So basically - yes its nice in Lore they attack all part of the city

But it kind of makes the actual event BLAH and and Less Fun because you can't reliably assemble all together to do the event in the first place.

We have this thing called a friends list, and this other thing called a super group. Perhaps  work on filling those with like minded players on at a similar time? When I call upon my Midnighters and those Ive trained I never doubt some will answer my call. But ultimately every hero should be ready and willing to stem the tide of evil on their own if such must be done.

Never forget Galaxy Girl!

4 hours ago, Haijinx said:

But it kind of makes the actual event BLAH and and Less Fun because you can't reliably assemble all together to do the event in the first place.

Personally, I find the event the most "blah" and least fun of all of them anyway...

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Im more of a lovecraftian myself.

Out of interest, is it the clunky writing in general, the specific tendency to insert as many cyclopean adjectives into a sentence as possible, or the thinly-disguised racism?

(This is not entirely correct; some of Lovecraft's racism wasn't disguised at all.)

Obviously if I use a term that originated in Holmes fandom I must be a Sherlockian. That makes sense, because words never spread outside the groups that originally used them.

Perhaps we can drop the lit crit now and talk about whether the Nemesis invasions in multiple zones are a good game mechanic.

Y'all know it's all a Nemesis plot within a Nemesis plot, right?

It's meant to stress test the servers for "something big" the devs are planning. (remember the Zombie Hollween event?) And it doesn't even come close to the lag-fest that is the Mother Ship Raid or the other iTrials, which by the way are beautifully organised by League leaders.

Is it just me, or have I been lucky to be in good Leagues during Nemi visits?

24 minutes ago, Six Six said:

Y'all know it's all a Nemesis plot within a Nemesis plot, right?

It's meant to stress test the servers for "something big" the devs are planning. (remember the Zombie Hollween event?) And it doesn't even come close to the lag-fest that is the Mother Ship Raid or the other iTrials, which by the way are beautifully organised by League leaders.

Is it just me, or have I been lucky to be in good Leagues during Nemi visits?

On Everlasting it seems like a disaster.

Maybe on another server its different.

I can't say whether a busier or less busy server would help tbh. 

I'd be happy with one Nemesis invasion zone at a time on Redside and just have rolling invasions moving from zone to zone to zone ... so that way there's always a Nemesis Invasion somewhere (sequentially, rather than in parallel) on Redside.  That way when one Redside invasion ends, the next zone begins, and it just rolls over the Isles progressively one at a time.

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

The badge is awarded zonewide when Nemesis is defeated.  So organizing teams is not strictly necessary.  You just need to plant his face.

Edit: the Nemesis Plot Invasion Event ends on April 15 according to the announcements 

Edited by Display Name
  • Thanks 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!