?/EA

ashenlost

Earth would be good defensively as you have a pet that draws aggro, and that you can very strongly support defensively. Offensively, it's a bit lacking. Control-wise, it would be great... a very strong pairing defensively, weak offensively.

Dark would be a decent option, the +Recharge from EA would help get Haunts out faster, and Dark can be slotted with procs to do a lot more damage than Earth.

I also like the Electric Control option, and Fire Control since EA is strong defensively and would cover for Fire's defensive weaknesses.

• Like 1

I really like my Earth/EA, tons of control, with the two resist procs and Faraday Cage animate stone is capped to everything but s/l.  Earth is a pretty good set and forget powerset so you can spend a bunch of time buffing and healing.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Telekinesis + Galvanic Sentinel + Endurance boosting power chaining = WIN

Galvanic Sentinel + Recharge boosting power chaining = Total Domination + Mass Confusion + Mass Hypnosis + Terrify uptime increases

Need I go on?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Actually I made one as soon as you suggested it. I hadn't made a mind troller since live and I was looking for an interesting combo (as opposed to fire/ plant/ ill/ which I've made heaps of). I might make a earth and dark one later.....

This thread started me thinking about do up a /EA Controller.  I created pretty much all combos for a MM and i wanted to see what i could do in a controlled setting. (Pun intended)

At first I was thinking about Earth as that is my favorite Power.  But seeing how that plus Elec/Ill and fire were all suggested I went looking elsewhere. 

Then I thought about Gravity.  Singularity would benefit a lot from Amp Up and between it Galvanic Sent and myself would make for some good quick chains.  Plus it's a more offensive powerset so maybe I can make it work.  Not sure of a actual build yet.  But I'll use what is here as a guide.

5 hours ago, Tacheyon said:

This thread started me thinking about do up a /EA Controller.  I created pretty much all combos for a MM and i wanted to see what i could do in a controlled setting. (Pun intended)

At first I was thinking about Earth as that is my favorite Power.  But seeing how that plus Elec/Ill and fire were all suggested I went looking elsewhere. 

Then I thought about Gravity.  Singularity would benefit a lot from Amp Up and between it Galvanic Sent and myself would make for some good quick chains.  Plus it's a more offensive powerset so maybe I can make it work.  Not sure of a actual build yet.  But I'll use what is here as a guide.

I always gravitate to to gravity too (pun intended).......

2 hours ago, warlockiii said:

I'm surprised at how few builds and topics are on EA. I also am trying to pick a primary for EA to run with a Fire/Cold Corruptor (also looking at /Time). Anyone got any advice? Thanks.

Depends are you duoing to 50 together mainly or post 50 content? Earth would be able to lock things down quickly so the fire/cold corr could scourge away. Dark control tohit debuffs would go with /colds shields as well. 

8 hours ago, Tacheyon said:

Right now Amp Up does *not* work on pets.  I don't know if it is intended or not (I submitted a bug report but never heard back)

10 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

Right now Amp Up does *not* work on pets.  I don't know if it is intended or not (I submitted a bug report but never heard back)

This is a bummer, I created a Grav/EA controller for that exact expected synergy. I also thought about doing a Necro/EA to use on the Lich in a similar fashion. 

3 hours ago, ashenlost said:

Depends are you duoing to 50 together mainly or post 50 content? Earth would be able to lock things down quickly so the fire/cold corr could scourge away. Dark control tohit debuffs would go with /colds shields as well. 

Yeah we want to check out the post 50 content. How is earth different than say Darkness or other primaries (with AOE immobilize)? On the secondary, what do folks think of EA vs Time? How would a Fire/Cold Corr benefit from Amp Up?

Edited by warlockiii

A good way to think of Electric Affinity is that it's Kinetics with Fulcrum Shift traded out for Sonic Dispersion. So that should give you an idea of why it might not be the most popular set.

The major limitation of the set is that you need an ally to gain a personal benefit from most of its powers - and that ally needs to be in close proximity. While you can fire the powers from across the room, they can only bounce to nearby targets.

The major benefits of the set are burst +recharge and the bubble.

Taken together, I'd argue that Dark Control is probably the best choice. It has the quantity of pets you need to ensure you always have an ally, it can benefit from the recharge and the bubble will help protect them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 9:47 AM, Psyonico said:

What exactly are you not seeing as functioning? The last test I did at release of the set had the endurance boosting and the proc trigger effect of Amp Up working on Galvanic Sentinel.

1 hour ago, Sir Myshkin said:

What exactly are you not seeing as functioning? The last test I did at release of the set had the endurance boosting and the proc trigger effect of Amp Up working on Galvanic Sentinel.

I was casting it on Animated Stone and did not see the proc fire at all (hard to tell if the stun increased or not)

On 4/18/2020 at 8:51 AM, ashenlost said:

So what do people think would mesh well with electric Affinity? My friend sings the praises of his EC/EA troller. The mez protect and buffs could work well with fire control. Any other ideas?

I'm a big fan of my Dark/EA controller, but my experience with EA so far has me thinking its best synergy might be with Fire, on account of your HotFeet wanting you in melee right there with your Imps anyway, might as well get the benefits of them nearby.  

On 4/20/2020 at 5:01 AM, warlockiii said:

I'm surprised at how few builds and topics are on EA. I also am trying to pick a primary for EA to run with a Fire/Cold Corruptor (also looking at /Time). Anyone got any advice? Thanks.

I find this a bit surprising, too, because so far I have an EA 50 in Controller, Def, and MM variants, and by far the most effective of the bunch is the Controller, in terms of ability to deal with whatever is in front of you in a timely manner.  

On 4/20/2020 at 6:53 PM, Tacheyon said:

Is this the same on MM pets?  Does anyone know?

I can confirm, MM pets do NOT get any benefit from Amp Up, at least, nothing represented in the CA window.  I cannot speak to whether they are getting the +Secondary Effects benefits.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 4/25/2020 at 2:32 PM, warlockiii said:

Does anyone have any EA controller builds with Fire or Dark?

This is my Dark/EA, Voltswagen.  There are many like it, but this one is mine.  Actually, I haven't run into another Dark/EA yet but that's not for lack of trying; this one has been pretty much all I have played since it hit 50.  I think every kid should have a Dark/EA in their character selection screen. 

I run a LOT of controllers, and find that Dark/EA is super consistent, full-speed ahead no matter what the content is or whether I am solo, on a team, or on a league.  The great thing is, it's not like there's a dead spot in the climb to 50, either.  You get pets sprinkled in early, midway, and late; meaning you get the benefits of your own buffs within 10 minutes of stepping into Atlas, and it just builds from there.  You get Energizing Circuit (+End) right when endurance becomes an issue, and Faraday Cage right when it means something to have Mez protection.  The latter half of /EA is just icing, but it's pretty good icing.  They basically took the better parts of /Kin and /FF, made them less of a PITA to deploy, then threw in a better Forge for good measure.  

Now, it's not all perfect.  Dark/EA is not an AV killer, but you have all the tools to survive an encounter with one.  It doesn't do anything to buff +Def, but thanks to all the -ToHit from Dark you ARE affecting the incoming math and mitigating plenty of damage.  What damage does get through has to melt off Absorb shields that you can chunk out like a bodily function, and if someone is leaking health you can throw a heal at them.  Since your heals/absorbs are ranged auto-hits on a quick timer, you can effectively support a team whether they are running in a pack or practicing social distancing.  Since you have Mez protection from the Cage, you can get a more fun Destiny slot, like Ageless.  All in all, can't say enough good about Dark/EA.

Now, as for this build, this is what it looks like after a second respec; my level-up build was just generic IOs and a few set IOs that I found along the way, then the 'mid-range' build was pretty much slotted the same, but with yellows and oranges where purples show up here.  To be honest, the mid-range build was fine as it was, but I really liked the Dark/EA workflow and threw some purples into it.

I get a lot of proc hits out of the various Cloud Senses instances, and Living Shadows and Seismic Smash are proc'd to the gills; Smash always delivers, while Living Shadows is a bit streaky.   I can probably do without the Kismet +Acc in CJ, and my Health/Stamina setup is like 3 or 4 levels of redundant thanks to Ageless and Energizing Circuit, so I could *probably* move 3-5 slots elsewhere, but... just haven't felt the need to do so.  

Anyway, here's the build:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Voltswagen: Level 50 Technology Controller
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Secondary Power Set: zn_Electrical Affinity
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Stone Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(5), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(11), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(13), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(15)
Level 1: Shock -- PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Living Shadows -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(5), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(11), JvlVll-Dam%(13), PstBls-Dam%(17), CldSns-%Dam(21)
Level 4: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 6: Galvanic Sentinel -- PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(7)
Level 8: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(17), CldSns-%Dam(19), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 10: Rejuvenating Circuit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37)
Level 12: Energizing Circuit -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(36)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 16: Faraday Cage -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 18: Heart of Darkness -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(31), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(34), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(34), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(36)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 22: Haunt -- SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(A), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(27), SlbAll-Dmg(27), GlmoftheA-Dam%(29), CldSns-%Dam(36)
Level 24: Empowering Circuit -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(39)
Level 26: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(29)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Umbra Beast -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), CldSns-%Dam(37)
Level 35: Fissure -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 38: Amp Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Seismic Smash -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Dam%(42), TchofDth-Dam%(42), Mk'Bit-Dam%(42), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(43), NrnSht-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Insulating Circuit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 47: Possess -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(48), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(48), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(48), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(50), CrcPrs-Conf%(50)
Level 49: Shadow Field -- GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Rchg(A), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Hold/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Pnc-Heal/+End(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(9)
Level 50: Intuition Total Radial Revamp 
Level 50: Ageless Partial Radial Invocation 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Warworks Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
------------

On 4/28/2020 at 7:16 AM, roleki said:

Anyway, here's the build:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Voltswagen: Level 50 Technology Controller
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Secondary Power Set: zn_Electrical Affinity
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Stone Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(5), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(11), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(13), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(15)
Level 1: Shock -- PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Living Shadows -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(5), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(11), JvlVll-Dam%(13), PstBls-Dam%(17), CldSns-%Dam(21)
Level 4: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 6: Galvanic Sentinel -- PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(7)
Level 8: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(17), CldSns-%Dam(19), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 10: Rejuvenating Circuit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37)
Level 12: Energizing Circuit -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(36)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 16: Faraday Cage -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 18: Heart of Darkness -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(31), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(34), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(34), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(36)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 22: Haunt -- SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(A), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(27), SlbAll-Dmg(27), GlmoftheA-Dam%(29), CldSns-%Dam(36)
Level 24: Empowering Circuit -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(39)
Level 26: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(29)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Umbra Beast -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), CldSns-%Dam(37)
Level 35: Fissure -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 38: Amp Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Seismic Smash -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Dam%(42), TchofDth-Dam%(42), Mk'Bit-Dam%(42), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(43), NrnSht-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Insulating Circuit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 47: Possess -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(48), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(48), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(48), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(50), CrcPrs-Conf%(50)
Level 49: Shadow Field -- GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Rchg(A), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Hold/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Pnc-Heal/+End(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(9)
Level 50: Intuition Total Radial Revamp 
Level 50: Ageless Partial Radial Invocation 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Warworks Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
------------

You're right, doing a search on these forums yields very little info on this particular combo. Thank you for posting this build as well as you're analysis of it.

A couple questions if I may?

Do you find the stone attacks necessary for the build? As in your damage output was poor without them?

Have you tried proccing the single target hold? I did mine and it's seems like it does good damage but I'm not super skilled in builds.

Also, what about mace mastery for the shield? Or have you found your defense enough in combination with darks - to hit and would the shield be way over kill?

Thank you for your input.

3 hours ago, HachiMan2015 said:

You're right, doing a search on these forums yields very little info on this particular combo. Thank you for posting this build as well as you're analysis of it.

A couple questions if I may?

Do you find the stone attacks necessary for the build? As in your damage output was poor without them?

Have you tried proccing the single target hold? I did mine and it's seems like it does good damage but I'm not super skilled in builds.

Also, what about mace mastery for the shield? Or have you found your defense enough in combination with darks - to hit and would the shield be way over kill?

Thank you for your input.

Glad to get it out there, though I am sure tighter/better builds will start popping up soon enough.  Still, for my first shot at either Dark or EA, I was glad where it wound up.  

As for the questions...

I find the Stone attacks necessary to the extent that I just REALLY like Stone; for one, you get a solid AoE soft control (Fissure) as pick one, and your second pick nets you a sledgehammer that is capable of consistently dropping 1000+ damage per swing.  I could definitely drive around without those two, but I put them in so many builds, it feels 'wrong' on those where i went with PB or whatever.

As for procs in the ST hold, it depends on the build; if I have a crazy global recharge, I'll frankenslot the ST hold with procs and avoid slotting it for recharge or taking an Alpha that enhances recharge.  This one, I opted for the purple to shore up accuracy and +Rech, then dotted procs throguhout the build elsewhere.  Again, the build probably is not as tight as it should be, but I'm VL21 and haven't seen anything OBVIOUSLY broken yet.

Scorpion Shield is nice, but aside from getting one-shotted by a Drop Ship or an AV, there's not much I'm going to run into in PvE that I don't have an answer for somewhere in my tray.