Proc Tanker Build Help

theDarkeOne

Okay, I have been trying to follow the PPM and Proc Monster Threads, but even as a longtime vet (started way back in Issue 4) and someone that prides myself on some of the intricate workings of this game. . . I am.  . Alas, at a loss. . . So I turn to you, forums that I love but rarely post on, and @Sir Myshkin@Bopper@Hjarkiand anyone else that can help to quantify if I am wasting my time with my attempt to make a fun, playable, Proc Monster Tank. 

I am not looking for a Master of. . . solo tank. . . but a fun character to take in +4/8 maps and have fun smashing while getting smashed on and ignoring all that damage in (mostly) unmitigated bliss!

So I present Savage Nyte (Shiled/Savage/Leviathan for your evaluation and any tips would be appreciated!

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Shield Defense
Secondary Power Set: Savage Melee
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(11), Ags-Psi/Status(11)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), PrfZng-Dam%(50), Hct-Dam%(50)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Rct-Def(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx(5), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Rct-Def/Rchg(7)
Level 4: True Grit -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(15), Prv-Heal/Rchg(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-Heal(19)
Level 6: Shred -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Dam%(46), Obl-%Dam(48), AchHee-ResDeb%(48), TchofLadG-%Dam(48)
Level 8: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), Ksm-ToHit+(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15)
Level 14: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Vicious Slash -- GldStr-%Dam(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40), TchofDth-Dam%(43), PrfZng-Dam%(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 18: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def(A)
Level 20: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Dam%(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37), PrfZng-Dam%(37), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(33), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 35: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(39), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: School of Sharks -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A), DblAct-Stun%(42), PstBls-Dam%(42), Ann-ResDeb%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43)
Level 44: Bile Spray -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), Ann-ResDeb%(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), JvlVll-Dam%(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg(46)
Level 47: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(21), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(36)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(36)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
------------

I will need to look over it some as I have never played Savage Melee, but I imagine it will be a lot of fun having Shield Charge and Savage Leap. I'm sure it'll become a fun proc monster.  If I recall, Savage Melee works really well with procs, but I'll confirm it and get back to you.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

6 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I will need to look over it some as I have never played Savage Melee, but I imagine it will be a lot of fun having Shield Charge and Savage Leap. I'm sure it'll become a fun proc monster.  If I recall, Savage Melee works really well with procs, but I'll confirm it and get back to you.

Savage leap is really close to or at the proc chance cap for 3.5 PPMs without any slotted recharge.  I haven't done any detailed testing but in my experience it works really well, unlike lightning rod or shield charge.

Notes:

• Your offensive powers are far too inaccurate. In general, my benchmark is that I want to hit 95%+ of the time against +3 targets (+4 with Incarnate level shift).
  • Your proc slotting is inefficient. Consider Savage Strike. This deals 46.31 damage (per Mid's). A single damage IO would raise this to 65.95, so is worth +19.64 damage. Touch of Death +shadow has a (2.5 + 0.8) * 3.5 / 60 = 19.25% chance to proc 71.75 damage, or +13.81 damage. Since there's no reason to expect you'll be anywhere near your +damage cap most of the time, you really want to be pushing ED before you start slotting procs. You're also not slotting any endurance reduction, so you might find yourself gasping for endurance without any major endurance restoration.
  • Your armor set slotting is inefficient. You get far more bang for your buck straight-slotting offensive powers than you do defensive ones. You want to be looking for opportunities to slot Very Rare (purple), Winter and Incarnate full sets. Not only do offensive powers generally have far more features that need improving, but the Defense/Heal/Resist sets just aren't as good.
  • The overall approach you're using isn't necessarily going to yield great results. Part of the reason the 'proc monster' threads went over like gangbusters on Defenders/Controllers but petered out on Tankers is that Tankers just don't have the kind of recharge/accuracy/-resist etc. that support sets offer. Hitting perma-Hasten on a Storm or Time Defender is relatively easy even without purple sets. Doing it on a Tanker is brutally hard.
  • I find Leviathan Mastery a curious choice. Cone-based attacks are hard enough on a ranged character. On a Tanker - who is likely to be surrounded by enemies - they're likely to be very inefficient. Since the Leviathan Mastery attacks aren't actually all that strong even if you disregard their Cone nature, I find it an unusual choice.

You might also consider whether you want to play this combination as a Tanker. I tend to view Tanker/Scrapper/Brute/Stalker as basically one archetype - it's just that you choose which one you want based on the power sets you're using. In general, Defense-oriented armor sets work better with Scrapper/Stalker and Savage Melee is often considered a 'Stalker set'. Normally when you end up with a 'Tanker' build, you want a build that's virtually impervious to harm - not one that merely has decent positional defenses and mid-tier resists.

Overall, I think if you threw out the notion of 'proc slotting' and just straight-slotted your offensive powers in a traditional fashion, you'd have a much stronger build. Certainly, tossing a stray Force Feedback here or there can be helpful, but the strategy of layering damage procs like you have is unlikely to match what you could do with a more conventional build.

52 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

Notes:

• Your offensive powers are far too inaccurate. In general, my benchmark is that I want to hit 95%+ of the time against +3 targets (+4 with Incarnate level shift).
  • Your proc slotting is inefficient. Consider Savage Strike. This deals 46.31 damage (per Mid's). A single damage IO would raise this to 65.95, so is worth +19.64 damage. Touch of Death +shadow has a (2.5 + 0.8) * 3.5 / 60 = 19.25% chance to proc 71.75 damage, or +13.81 damage. Since there's no reason to expect you'll be anywhere near your +damage cap most of the time, you really want to be pushing ED before you start slotting procs. You're also not slotting any endurance reduction, so you might find yourself gasping for endurance without any major endurance restoration.
  • Your armor set slotting is inefficient. You get far more bang for your buck straight-slotting offensive powers than you do defensive ones. You want to be looking for opportunities to slot Very Rare (purple), Winter and Incarnate full sets. Not only do offensive powers generally have far more features that need improving, but the Defense/Heal/Resist sets just aren't as good.
  • The overall approach you're using isn't necessarily going to yield great results. Part of the reason the 'proc monster' threads went over like gangbusters on Defenders/Controllers but petered out on Tankers is that Tankers just don't have the kind of recharge/accuracy/-resist etc. that support sets offer. Hitting perma-Hasten on a Storm or Time Defender is relatively easy even without purple sets. Doing it on a Tanker is brutally hard.
  • I find Leviathan Mastery a curious choice. Cone-based attacks are hard enough on a ranged character. On a Tanker - who is likely to be surrounded by enemies - they're likely to be very inefficient. Since the Leviathan Mastery attacks aren't actually all that strong even if you disregard their Cone nature, I find it an unusual choice.

You might also consider whether you want to play this combination as a Tanker. I tend to view Tanker/Scrapper/Brute/Stalker as basically one archetype - it's just that you choose which one you want based on the power sets you're using. In general, Defense-oriented armor sets work better with Scrapper/Stalker and Savage Melee is often considered a 'Stalker set'. Normally when you end up with a 'Tanker' build, you want a build that's virtually impervious to harm - not one that merely has decent positional defenses and mid-tier resists.

Overall, I think if you threw out the notion of 'proc slotting' and just straight-slotted your offensive powers in a traditional fashion, you'd have a much stronger build. Certainly, tossing a stray Force Feedback here or there can be helpful, but the strategy of layering damage procs like you have is unlikely to match what you could do with a more conventional build.

Thanks for the input. I actually have a Savage/Shield Stalker and she was by far the fastest leveling I have ever done in game and cruises through almost anything fully incarnated and IO'd out. So I figured I would try an alternative tank build with some of the proc chances to make it more interesting.

That being said:
1) Accuracy was a concern so I agree with you 100% there.

2) Not sure what you mean about Savage Leap though. I don't have any procs slotted in it but the Tanker IO's.

3) Again not sure what you mean about armor slotting? I am not slot starved other than Savage Strike so I could move things around but I like to get my defense and resist as close to or higher than soft cap. . ..

4) This is what I was looking for since the math is beyond me. . . Needed you number crunchers to help out and appreciate it.

5) Leviathan is mostly just an aesthetic choice and was wondering how procs would function (thought I read somewhere that they worked well in LM but maybe I am in error).

Also, 

1 hour ago, Hjarki said:

I find Leviathan Mastery a curious choice. Cone-based attacks are hard enough on a ranged character. On a Tanker - who is likely to be surrounded by enemies - they're likely to be very inefficient.

Ah, another 2D Cone user who doesn't know they can be used in 3D as a PBAoE-ish attack when doing a Hop 'n' Pop.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:06 AM, Redlynne said:

What's a Hop 'n' Pop?  Well I'm glad you asked!

On 6/16/2019 at 9:36 AM, Redlynne said:

One of the tricks I learned while playing Ice/Ice which seemed utterly foreign to everyone I ever met on the Tanker forums was the notion of turning Frost (a Melee Cone attack) into a PBAoE by pointing it in a useful direction.

What do I mean by that?

Well, you need to abandon your ...

... in order to understand what I'm talking about here.

So with Range slotted into Frost, you can get a Cone Range of about 15 feet on it.

"So what?" ... I hear you cry ... "that's just going to be wasted."

Well, that range WOULD be wasted if all you did was stand on the ground and point your cone towards one side of the $Targets that will be attacking you, resulting in one of these:

piechart-512.png

If you're surrounded on all sides using a melee cone that misses 3/4 of the attackers and has extra range to waste "beyond the attackers" on that side of you isn't going to help anything ... right?

Well ... that would certainly be true if you stay glued to the ground and only POINT your Frost Cone attack to one SIDE of the $Targets surrounding you.

So why would you want to stay glued to the ground like a Stone Tanker who can't ... JUMP ...?

If you've been paying attention so far, you know what's coming next ... (temporary) three dimensional positioning in order to use your Frost attack WAY MORE effectively ... so as to turn it into more of a PBAoE(ish) attack.

All you have to do is JUMP UP ... about 15 feet ... which you can do perfectly fine with Hurdle and no Combat Jumping and simply "time it" to click Frost when you're at the top of your jump.  So instead of doing a Cone TO THE SIDE like in the above pie chart image, you instead do a Cone that angles DOWN to hit everything clustered up around you like this:

spacer.png

Do you see how much WIDER the purple ring is than the green ring in that cone?  The purple ring is only 50% farther away from the peak/caster, but it covers a MUCH wider area, catching way more $Targets within it that would all be clustered up upon your location.

I call it the "Hop 'n' Pop" move.

You "hop" upwards from the pile of aggro you've got clustered up on you and at the top of your jump you "pop" them with Frost and catch EVERYTHING that was around you on all sides ... just as if you hadn't moved and had been using a PBAoE attack instead.  It'll take all of about 2 seconds to make the jump/attack/fall, you'll hit A LOT more $Targets with your Frost attack, dramatically improving its efficiency of converting endurance into damage, you'll defeat dogpiles of aggro faster and you'll also be debuffing everything attacking you in melee range even more than they would have been debuffed if you'd stayed put on the ground and only pointed Frost at one side of the dogpile instead of hopping above it to catch ALL of them in the Frost Cone before falling right back down in the middle of them.  You don't even need to switch $Targets or anything.  Herd up the aggro onto you and then jump to use Frost on ALL of them.  Your jump height will be almost exactly the distance that a Frost attack enhanced for +50% Range will reach ...

Note that the Hop 'n' Pop can be used with ANY Cone attack (such as Empty Clips in the Dual Pistols set), it's just that Frost synergizes really well with it when Frost is enhanced for Range (of all things).

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Upated build with some suggestions from @Hjarkiand other alterations.

@Redlynneokay, I was thinking similar since I use cones the same way you describe and never had an issue hitting a large group before...Granted both coned are only 30% but as I said, this is a "for fun" build that can get beat on and do decent damage. . . And I always liked the sounds of bile spray. . . yeah I know I am a little weird!

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(11), Ags-Psi/Status(11)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(31), Hct-Dam%(31), TchofDth-Dam%(50)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Rct-Def(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx(5), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Rct-Def/Rchg(7)
Level 4: True Grit -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(15), Prv-Heal/Rchg(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-Heal(19)
Level 6: Shred -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(48), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), Ksm-ToHit+(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15)
Level 16: Vicious Slash -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), TchofDth-Dam%(43), PrfZng-Dam%(46)
Level 18: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def(A)
Level 20: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37), PrfZng-Dam%(37), TrmIns-Dsrnt%(40)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(33), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(39), Arm-Dam%(39), Erd-%Dam(40), PrfZng-Dam%(50)
Level 41: School of Sharks -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Dtn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Ann-ResDeb%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43)
Level 44: Bile Spray -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Dtn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
------------

Edited by theDarkeOne
forgot to post build

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Ah, another 2D Cone user who doesn't know they can be used in 3D as a PBAoE-ish attack when doing a Hop 'n' Pop.

I'm well aware of this technique. However, there are times where it can't be used and it remains an inferior approach to just standing/moving wherever you like and using a 360 radius power. To justify it, you need a good reason to select a Cone - and that's fairly uncommon. Ice Melee's Frost is about the only example I can think of off-hand.

Here's he taking two Cones that are very slow activating and not particularly high damage. He has a host of better options in other pools. So why bother with it?

1 hour ago, Hjarki said:

Here's he taking two Cones that are very slow activating and not particularly high damage. He has a host of better options in other pools. So why bother with it?

Point granted.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

2 hours ago, theDarkeOne said:

Upated build with some suggestions from @Hjarkiand other alterations.

@Redlynneokay, I was thinking similar since I use cones the same way you describe and never had an issue hitting a large group before...Granted both coned are only 30% but as I said, this is a "for fun" build that can get beat on and do decent damage. . . And I always liked the sounds of bile spray. . . yeah I know I am a little weird!

TAKE GRANT COVER. DDR is important.

I wouldn't 6 slot battle agility and weave. You'd get more S/L resist by slotting deflection than the set bonuses both sets offer. 4% toxic/psi resist is meaningless and the fire/cold resist can be gotten through winter sets that also offer slow resist which your build lacks. Phalanx fighting appears to be un-enhancable so you can shave a slot from combat jumping and dump one of the uniques in PF.

This is what I've come up with while trying to retain the idea of using as many procs where it is practical. You can fit in an achilles proc and another damage proc in shred to increase it's damage but you lose out on 6% s/l/tox/psi resist in doing so. I also put the armageddon proc in shield charge and put a different damage proc in savage leap instead and overall you get more damage out of the two powers. This build also uses muscalature to push enhancement values to or over ED cap.  On top of that, 90% -recharge resist.

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(5), TtnCtn-ResDam(13), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(31)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3), Rct-ResDam%(5)
Level 4: True Grit -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), TtnCtn-ResDam(15), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal(17), Prv-Absorb%(19), Prv-Heal/Rchg(19)
Level 6: Shred -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(7), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 8: Active Defense -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 18: Grant Cover -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 20: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), PrfZng-Dam%(37), Obl-%Dam(40), Erd-%Dam(50)
Level 35: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39), Obl-%Dam(39), Erd-%Dam(40), PrfZng-Dam%(50)
Level 41: School of Sharks -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(42), Ann-ResDeb%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), Bmbdmt-Dam(46)
Level 44: Bile Spray -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(48)
Level 49: Phalanx Fighting -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
------------

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

2 hours ago, Nemu said:

TAKE GRANT COVER. DDR is important.

I wouldn't 6 slot battle agility and weave. You'd get more S/L resist by slotting deflection than the set bonuses both sets offer. 4% toxic/psi resist is meaningless and the fire/cold resist can be gotten through winter sets that also offer slow resist which your build lacks. Phalanx fighting appears to be un-enhancable so you can shave a slot from combat jumping and dump one of the uniques in PF.

This is what I've come up with while trying to retain the idea of using as many procs where it is practical. You can fit in an achilles proc and another damage proc in shred to increase it's damage but you lose out on 6% s/l/tox/psi resist in doing so. I also put the armageddon proc in shield charge and put a different damage proc in savage leap instead and overall you get more damage out of the two powers. This build also uses muscalature to push enhancement values to or over ED cap.  On top of that, 90% -recharge resist.

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(5), TtnCtn-ResDam(13), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(31)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3), Rct-ResDam%(5)
Level 4: True Grit -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), TtnCtn-ResDam(15), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal(17), Prv-Absorb%(19), Prv-Heal/Rchg(19)
Level 6: Shred -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(7), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 8: Active Defense -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 18: Grant Cover -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 20: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), PrfZng-Dam%(37), Obl-%Dam(40), Erd-%Dam(50)
Level 35: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39), Obl-%Dam(39), Erd-%Dam(40), PrfZng-Dam%(50)
Level 41: School of Sharks -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(42), Ann-ResDeb%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), Bmbdmt-Dam(46)
Level 44: Bile Spray -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(48)
Level 49: Phalanx Fighting -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
------------

I thought the point of slotting Procs was to use as little +recharge in powers as possible? Several of the powers you slotted have +recharge enhancements? Doesn't the +recharge diminish the proc firing? And thank you for pointing out I forgot to include SGF .. . no clue how I missed that.

@Redlynneand @HjarkiI do have an alternative build using Mu Mastery. . . Again, I just rather enjoy LM and as I said this isn't to min/max it is a "for fun" build utilizing procs instead of standard slotting with sets.

Edited by theDarkeOne

27 minutes ago, theDarkeOne said:

I thought the point of slotting Procs was to use as little +recharge in powers as possible? Several of the powers you slotted have +recharge enhancements? Doesn't the +recharge diminish the proc firing?

AFAIK:

Global Recharge does not affect the "To Proc" chances.

+Recharge is a proc itself (that contributes to Global Recharge)

If there is a rule about slotting /Recharge into a power, it roughly translates as: Don't slot so much recharge in a power that the power's 'inherent' recharge drops below the proc rate.

Some powers (like Blood Thirst above, if it is like other 'Build Up' powers) have such a long recharge time that I don't think it is possible (because of Enhancement Diversification) to ever get it below the proc rate. Some powers (typically T1 and T2) have such short recharge times that you accept the tradeoff if that is where you 'must' slot a proc for a set bonus. I typically run into this situation with ATOs.

Say this up front: Play what you find fun, that's all that matters.

I'm going to revert back to your first build as that's where you started and do a little "teach a man to fish" moment here since I think some things might have gotten missed when you looked into the start of your project.

When building for a proc-based build there's a handful of "regulations" you need to account for:

• Build for accuracy.
    • You want to play in the +4 realm, then you need 95% accuracy to do this. Since you're using Mid's, hop into your settings and change your base to-hit value to 39% so that your numbers will accurately reflect going forward. You'll need to grab a few global accuracy bonuses, Tactics, probably the Kismet +ToHit to achieve this, you may even need to accommodate slotting in the power itself for some combination of Accuracy enhancement.
  • Build for max damage potential.
    • The whole point behind packing in those damage procs is MAXIMUM EFFORT in your build. Get the most out of damage enhancement, then pack in the procs after the fact. One key thing that I heavily disagree with Hjarki on is the value of procs in a Melee build. You don't need perma Hasten in every build, you don't need to pack in capped resistances and capped defenses to every possible moving type to have a fun and functional build. Some of them can get it, that's great, but not in every single build ever.
  • Be endurance manageable/neutral as much as possible.
    • Stacking the above two points into this one, my rule-of-thumb for proc'ing out attacks as 2 slots for enhancement, 4 slots for procs. Those first two slots are your opportunity to maximize Acc/Dam/End. If you have a strong enough amount of Acc, then you can focus on Dam/End. Some attacks are really lot cost to begin with, and if you've got your Acc figured out, you can sometimes drop that down to just one slot of investment. Musculature Alpha is a key point in getting the most value out of damage enhancement and lets you push beyond.
    • You have to be mindful of the value an individual Damage Enhancement gives over whether a Proc would not provide more value. There's very few cases in the game where a proc is going to be more value than at least one damage enhancement, so you should likely always have at least one IO's worth of damage to start with.
    • Remember that you can Enhancement Boost IO's and that help extend singular slot choices to the next step.

Part of the ease of using Tankers for Proc Monster builds is that Tankers get that higher base starting value which allows them a ton of leverage in getting their values up with minimum investment.

This is a direction I'd suggest for you that keeps Leviathan Mastery:

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(3), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(33), PrfZng-Dam%(33), TchofDth-Dam%(34)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 4: True Grit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(11), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(13), Prv-Absorb%(15)
Level 6: Active Defense -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(17)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17), GldArm-3defTpProc(43)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(19), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(19), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(21), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), RedFrt-EndRdx(23)
Level 18: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 22: Vicious Slash -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dam%(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Dam%(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 24: Blood Thirst -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dam%(27), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg(29), Arm-Dmg(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(48)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 35: Shred -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39), Erd-%Dam(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), AchHee-ResDeb%(40)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(40), Erd-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(42)
Level 41: School of Sharks -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Dam%(43), Ann-ResDeb%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Bile Spray -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(50)
Level 49: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(25), Mrc-Rcvry+(25)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(31)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1508;729;1458;HEX;|
		|78DA6594C94F53411CC7E7BDBE8A2D2D2D941D0A96AD1B14500FC62524CA224B131|
		|28C512FCD0B8CED8B4D69DA4A349E4CC4E5EA858BF1E0CD8B1737BC98F807783582|
		|1AF5E4CAE276F060EAAFF3FDB1249DF4F533F39DDFF67E336DFCD2B0EBC1D8D521A|
		|1B94EA4CD7C3E71CACC5C90397BDC4C5AB3A2342AE8F1434D0CCBF3329397B19994|
		|25D3735BCB26DE8DCBB4A43D73C14C4A2CAAC73329999399426C6BE29E9E9F4FC74|
		|6AD64AA6065924EB59AC94A39E751D32969CEC95C3E65655D5BEB2CD9B58E64ADD9|
		|D8F1DCC5824C4CC905CB2CA4CC4C226EE60B3277B9910A0CD333ECA62FAD5472D12|
		|EEA68326808BD96E9058D06A29F386953EB3D7FC095D02EDF57D0DA5E83FB56986F|
		|98795D319020F3A0214628AFC6BEDA3AC7DD00F76E327F80819FCC5FE028F9DAD8D|
		|7F6199AF30BF32BE8FAC6FC0E56AD8163E46B57475414F68050DA49D22A54314551|
		|C19A4E27E8603B4733B471B2AB445EAD927BE5FD27546F6C64EFC69ECDADFAE3105|
		|5BF41EF5FE48EEC070DB2F570FD1E8E5353C57482B5954C3758EF013F50CFABB9AE|
		|6AEE6907C5F3715DBE286AAD673EA743AE83BDBDEE5CA9F70ED1C967D019827F674|
		|457757645B1EE5A04DF51AE06F86A0D2A9E43F4DFC7DE24F5A289E3361D85D67C8C|
		|79186C3DC23C04B671DCB714B7857D5BAE194AEB5D04FBAE336F306F82FDB7C01A7|
		|A573FDE55F803A8C9475A3B6BEDF79063957274708E8E3BF0EDBA0BF60CE11C7AD6|
		|7575763D2FE1137C41F419E23DF976B36FF72A6C8345F42828B00EB36FF80AFA1CF|
		|E08FD0C21045F23F4107B91A7CC65B0F7136C7B753BCE8AEA8F72FD51BE0F67C924|
		|C671628FB8078FC1C127CC65E6337082CE6480E30C709C5643F028D28786081BDBB|
		|FDA62A46C77A04C192C530E942907CB94A93265DAE0B4A4684A717845A99BAA9235|
		|E7F6FF81D0FAD0A78D1D4DD702E859E369BC57E384A6EEF0FA6EBF10FC3677344DB|
		|BCD776F89EFAD8FC06FBF549A737E356470A735FF01B766F8C7|

Edited by Sir Myshkin
typo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

I'm going to revert back to your first build as that's where you started and do a little "teach a man to fish" moment here since I think some things might have gotten missed when you looked into the start of your project.

When building for a proc-based build there's a handful of "regulations" you need to account for:

• Build for accuracy.
    • You want to play in the +4 realm, then you need 95% accuracy to do this. Since you're using Mid's, hop into your settings and change your base to-hit value to 39% so that your numbers will accurately reflect going forward. You'll need to grab a few global accuracy bonuses, Tactics, probably the Kismet +ToHit to achieve this, you may even need to accommodate slotting in the power itself for some combination of Accuracy enhancement.
    • The whole point behind packing in those damage procs is MAXIMUM EFFORT in your build. Get the most out of damage enhancement, then pack in the procs after the fact. One key thing that I heavily disagree with Hjarki on is the value of procs in a Melee build. You don't need perma Hasten in every build, you don't need to pack in capped resistances and capped defenses to every possible moving type to have a fun and functional build. Some of them can get it, that's great, but not in every single build ever.
    • Stacking the above two points into this one, my rule-of-thumb for proc'ing out attacks as 2 slots for enhancement, 4 slots for procs. Those first two slots are your opportunity to maximize Acc/Dam/End. If you have a strong enough amount of Acc, then you can focus on Dam/End. Some attacks are really lot cost to begin with, and if you've got your Acc figured out, you can sometimes drop that down to just one slot of investment. Musculature Alpha is a key point in getting the most value out of damage enhancement and lets you push beyond.
    • You have to be mindful of the value an individual Damage Enhancement gives over whether a Proc would not provide more value. There's very few cases in the game where a proc is going to be more value than at least one damage enhancement, so you should likely always have at least one IO's worth of damage to start with.
    • Remember that you can Enhancement Boost IO's and that help extend singular slot choices to the next step.

Part of the ease of using Tankers for Proc Monster builds is that Tankers get that higher base starting value which allows them a ton of leverage in getting their values up with minimum investment.

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(3), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(33), PrfZng-Dam%(33), TchofDth-Dam%(34)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 4: True Grit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(11), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(13), Prv-Absorb%(15)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17), GldArm-3defTpProc(43)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(19), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(19), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(21), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), RedFrt-EndRdx(23)
Level 22: Vicious Slash -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dam%(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Dam%(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dam%(27), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg(29), Arm-Dmg(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(48)
Level 35: Shred -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39), Erd-%Dam(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), AchHee-ResDeb%(40)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(40), Erd-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(42)
Level 41: School of Sharks -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Dam%(43), Ann-ResDeb%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45)
Level 47: Bile Spray -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(50)
------------

I actually am pretty close to this rendition. After all the input I think I have something that will be fun, durable, and fits the bill for what I am looking at accomplishing!

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(5), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(7), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(9), UnbGrd-ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3), Rct-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(5)
Level 4: True Grit -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(15), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(17), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), Ags-Psi/Status(19), Ags-ResDam(19)
Level 6: Shred -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(48), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13)
Level 16: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Hct-Acc/Rchg(31), Hct-Dmg(40), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 18: Phalanx Fighting -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 20: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(46)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Erd-%Dam(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37), PrfZng-Dam%(37), TrmIns-Dsrnt%(40)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(39), Arm-Dam%(39), Erd-%Dam(40), PrfZng-Dam%(50)
Level 41: School of Sharks -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Dtn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Ann-ResDeb%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43)
Level 44: Bile Spray -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Dtn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46)
Level 47: Taunt -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Grant Cover -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(15), PrfShf-EndMod(36)
------------

28 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

• Build for accuracy.
    • You want to play in the +4 realm, then you need 95% accuracy to do this. Since you're using Mid's, hop into your settings and change your base to-hit value to 38% so that your numbers will accurately reflect going forward. You'll need to grab a few global accuracy bonuses, Tactics, probably the Kismet +ToHit to achieve this, you may even need to accommodate slotting in the power itself for some combination of Accuracy enhancement.
    • The whole point behind packing in those damage procs is MAXIMUM EFFORT in your build. Get the most out of damage enhancement, then pack in the procs after the fact.

Lots of good advice in the quoted post, I quoted some of the bits that I think get lost in the discussion about choosing procs. The parts about damage are especially relevant IMO.

2 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Due to Incarnate shifts, you really only need to aim for +3. The only time you'll see anything above this level would be some AV/GM in Incarnate Trials. However, in those situations, you're virtually guaranteed to be surrounded by a sea of allies. Given that almost anyone with a Sniper power (most Blasters, Defenders, Corruptors, Stalkers, Scrappers and Dominators) is probably taking Tactics, the shortfall in +hit likely isn't an issue.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:58 PM, Hjarki said:

Due to Incarnate shifts, you really only need to aim for +3. The only time you'll see anything above this level would be some AV/GM in Incarnate Trials. However, in those situations, you're virtually guaranteed to be surrounded by a sea of allies. Given that almost anyone with a Sniper power (most Blasters, Defenders, Corruptors, Stalkers, Scrappers and Dominators) is probably taking Tactics, the shortfall in +hit likely isn't an issue.

Since the change to sniper powers to become quick-form while in combat, I doubt that too many people are taking Tactics.

4 minutes ago, Thezanman said:

Since the change to sniper powers to become quick-form while in combat, I doubt that too many people are taking Tactics.

It depends on your build. For most melee, you tend to make what I like to term purple + Winter builds - you straight-slot very rare sets into your attack powers to take advantage of the enormous amounts of defense and recharge they afford. Such builds inevitably have far more accuracy in their attacks than they need.

For a build structured around exploiting procs, you normally don't have any accuracy in your attacks at all. Moreover, because you're using your attack powers for proc offense, you don't have those piles of +15% accuracy bonuses. This means you need a lot of +hit to compensate for the lack of internal/global recharge.

Also, remember that sniper attacks still benefit from +hit. If you're running +0 hit, you do a lot less damage with your sniper attack than if you're running +22.5% hit.

Lastly, almost any build without an Aim/Build Up will run Tactics for Gaussian's.

1 minute ago, Hjarki said:

It depends on your build. For most melee, you tend to make what I like to term purple + Winter builds - you straight-slot very rare sets into your attack powers to take advantage of the enormous amounts of defense and recharge they afford. Such builds inevitably have far more accuracy in their attacks than they need.

For a build structured around exploiting procs, you normally don't have any accuracy in your attacks at all. Moreover, because you're using your attack powers for proc offense, you don't have those piles of +15% accuracy bonuses. This means you need a lot of +hit to compensate for the lack of internal/global recharge.

Also, remember that sniper attacks still benefit from +hit. If you're running +0 hit, you do a lot less damage with your sniper attack than if you're running +22.5% hit.

Lastly, almost any build without an Aim/Build Up will run Tactics for Gaussian's.

I completely forgot about the to-hit buffing sniper damage, sorry.

Afternoon all!
Well, I am closing in on 50 and should hit it today or tomorrow. . . Almost entirely solo and have to say this girl has been a blast. . . I have tried out multiple builds and still not sure where to go. Right now I am testing out a build with fireball but have to say, I have been soloing +8/+4 since about level 38 (Savage Leap/Shield Charge/build up to full frenzy and Rending Fury/Savage Leap) and everything but the bosses are dead. . .

So much fun I am surprised there are only 15 SD/SM tanks out there!!!

On 4/27/2020 at 3:19 PM, Sir Myshkin said:

• Build for accuracy.

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
------------

Thanks for all the help with this adventure! Have to say she has become one of my all time favorite characters! Now that I am finally 50 and starting to slot Incarnate abilities I have to say she is ridiculously powered. . . While my damage may not be enough to solo a +4/8 AV everything else just melts. . . So much fun, have to say she rivals my stalker for kill speed and her HP bar barely moves on most things!

Final Build posted below. . . I ended up completely dropping patron/epic since they just felt redundant. . . Savage Leap, rending, Blood Thirst, Shield Charge, Rending, Savage Leap and everything but a boss is already dead. . . Yeah a +4 boss at level 50 still takes awhile to whittle down but Incarnate shifts should help that tremendously!

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5), HO:Ribo(5)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(11)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(11), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(50), Rct-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 4: True Grit -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(19), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), GldArm-3defTpProc(21), Ags-Psi/Status(21), Ags-ResDam(23)
Level 6: Shred -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(27)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 16: Vicious Slash -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(29), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31), Hct-Dam%(33)
Level 18: Phalanx Fighting -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 20: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--ToHit(34)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), ShlWal-Def(48)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Erd-%Dam(42), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(43), PrfZng-Dam%(43), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(46), Arm-Dam%(46), Erd-%Dam(48), PrfZng-Dam%(48)
Level 41: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(A)
Level 44: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(15), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(17), PrfShf-EndMod(17)
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
------------

Edited by theDarkeOne
spelling

7 hours ago, theDarkeOne said:

Final Build posted below. . .

First off, strong build, I understand the direction and choices you made, but I can't help but tinker with things some times, and it can get crazy. I admit it, it is an issue.

I looked at it and I was like "man, went a bit over on the S/L, and these two extra slots in Combat Jumping?" Before I knew it I was knee deep into a bunch of crazy slot flipping (and realizing that you had Melee Core turned on, and it was giving the 16% increase despite being set to '0'). What ended up bugging me was I saw a way to get 17% E/N Resistance into the build, but I had to bugger around a lot to get there. I'm sure you'll look at this initially and be like "... wut?" But it's in the numbers. I yanked overflow slots from CJ, and shifted Gaussian's to Tactics and dropped the Kismet so I could move the LotG out of Maneuvers. Did you know that LotG 5 Piece in Deflection with Steadfast gives the same amount of S/L Res as Steadfast and a single 50 Res IO? Nifty, and important for a later note.

I left the Tanker +Res proc turned on cause that thing's pretty easy to get and keep going, but I got to thinking about that Melee Core, and the Alpha choice of Cardiac. Blood Frenzy is going to give you a bunch of end discounting up and down all over the place, so the smidgen extra from Cardiac... eh, there's an opportunity for better return by going with Resilient for the +ToHit bump and better enhancement overage; it'll give another 1% to everything (so 4% total), and 3% extra (7% total) on S/L since Deflection was "short changed" (technically), and leaves the build at 80% S/L "base" (proc) which is closer to that goal line than without Melee Core turned on before (among other stats).

But wait, I hear you saying, what about that Regen? Simple, lets get you an honest burst heal and some IH Regen-levels of horse power: Rebirth Radial. At the tail end minimum of the ability you'll still get +200% Regen, not quite as much as a saturated Melee, but Melee also stipulates bodies, so there's ups and downs where your Regen won't be consistent, and eventually Melee will go into cooldown, Rebirth can be auto-fired every two minutes for consistent regen and burst heals. By going that path you can re-open your Hybrid and grab Assault Core, now you'll really be shredding!

Build changes aside, I'd suggest this Incarnate path for you as (in my experiences) it'll serve you better*. Being a primarily defense-based build with high(er) resistances means your passive healing will do a lot. For any major content you run (iTrials) you'll find that Phalanx Fighting will do a killer job at getting your Ranged and AoE up to snuff just with a couple of other players nearby.

This is where I landed (to see the total impact, you'll want to turn off Melee Core on your build to side-by-side):

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(7), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(9), TchofDth-Dam%(9)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(11), Rct-Def/Rchg(11), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 4: True Grit -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(19), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(19), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(21), Prv-Heal(23)
Level 6: Shred -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(27)
Level 16: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(31), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dam%(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- GifoftheA-Def(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(37), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), GifoftheA-Def/Rchg(45), GifoftheA-Run+(50)
Level 20: Blood Thirst -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), ShlWal-Def(48)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(40), FuroftheG-Dam/End/Rech(40), FuroftheG-Acc/End/Rech(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(43)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 32: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 35: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(46), Erd-%Dam(46), PrfZng-Dam%(48), Arm-Dam%(48)
Level 41: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(A)
Level 44: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(50)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(15), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(17), PrfShf-EndMod(17)
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Resilient Core Paragon
------------

|MxDz;1623;714;1428;HEX;|
		|78DA8D94CB4F535110C6CFA5B79696562805CAAB0215E80B0A55971216F29057D20|
		|4E3C2C4902B5C4BB581A625447465223EB62E74A346131FB871E3DE3F430535BAD4|
		|8580AF4457757ABF0FDAA41B4EDAFEEE993973E69BB9E774E6CA88FBD5F8F561A5B|
		|94F658C7C7EEE8CB174D9CCD9678C547A5E158743BE0158E746CC8BE652DE8CCF2E|
		|A6CDCCC2DEB485DE1933638ACF5835522626CA9D5C5ECEC4A74D239B5E4A79ACC95|
		|83AB5B8223397359BCD9AE642EDDEAA0533975F4C67BDA3D9F47C3CB996936D8CFC|
		|8A995B6B1611C3F21DF1C88F569455B0AB467948E8AAAA81AC03751FE905DBFDC28|
		|0AE36C38AA3A0AB1BBAE53B7487BC05569F13774838078E4A3E8DF9B45F366B8D6B|
		|87FC01BAB7C99F6062171C93581B636D7168A98F9231B0A19FFC8698A6AFE09668B|
		|533D6FE81BE2DB079937C0FB6BE23DF82E392D78158E58829CB765A6C4EAB908272|
		|76C1D6246FB686EB6AF67A29360F7AA43C0519EA4D44A95A2AA9EDAD4247C3E0910|
		|819256360E73AE895DDBC88D5BDD59AD5D16E1DEC73907630E1043F49E53E2AF051|
		|BD4DF669E43E8DBF51E5D1BFE41FF21FD87D0CD425C6CF183FABEB9E82AF778C9C0|
		|00726C12929BD85B5B6AC2277EF5530748D3C89B5A12130C25A3F8AEE36E8B6B73D|
		|C0698A3C241F81D1C7E41372187B04456B0079B5006BEE237DE2EBA0A68E8D622E8|
		|7EA7CC63E3F05BB9E932FC897E084D413E41B0EB2079F45670F75F6DC868EFE9BE4|
		|3AB95D65DD98813CF6191802BF486C98EF267C496C0DBA9A941C31E68831875F34C|
		|7B14E8BB7F156B482F5E21BE4FA419EC4767DFF66CAA778EA22FAFE3D2F442BBC83|
		|15964485E57885E5448565BAC292D499562C9A6571D6C92D86A5F0DDB5FF6FA0B47|
		|E68DF29D9AAB4499CE1C35DA8F5F059F463BB3C2E8CB8DDF2B8FBE86FDD3DF22E68|
		|864A5D288D0B2E4BAF654D963D9F2F7B36CA9E0F303682928F895ECBED4B1C3CB43|
		|4DCFED226FF01EB0B4E65|

*small edit note on this I forgot: the Alpha suggestion is really dependent on just how effective/reliable you find the endurance discounting of Blood Frenzy. Looking at the values of the attacks things are pretty decent, and the value shift caused from toggles is small (.3/s) as it is barely shaving fractions of points off each toggle.

Edited by Sir Myshkin
  • Thanks 1