Easiest Patron arc?

Probably Scirocco. Most of his missions have you going up against Arachnos (as opposed to Longbow or Malta in the other arcs) and for the final mission where you have to fight an EB you can rescue two Fortunatas and a Mu Guardian to assist you. The downside is you've also got to fight Barracuda in one mission but since it's not the last mission in the arc you can just auto-complete that mission to skip it if you want to.

Defender Smash!

I'd say Black Scorpion.  The third mission is a defeat-all, very good to auto-complete.  First several missions are in Grandville, last two are in Nerva, end boss is pretty easy.  All missions aside from the defeat all can be stealthed once you know what your objectives are.  (There's one where you have to defeat a malta gunslinger to learn some info, and it's not very clear.  He's usually on the first or second floor.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being a defeat-all mission, and given that TC wants to get a patron pool ASAP, that mission is a good candidate for auto-completion anyway.

I would still probably do the whole thing.  I am more so looking for the easiest difficulty rather than fastest route.

• 4 weeks later

I'm confused. We did the Black Scorpion mission arc and it was long as heck and it rewarded absolutely nothing. I don't understand why I can't get the patron power to unlock on this. I'm level 36, a villain, I did the perquisite with arbiter Rein and viewing the plaques and all. I still don't understand why it won't work for me.

Does anyone have any clue or answers to this?

Sounds like you went too far into teh arc. From the plaque mission, to the first badge (the stinger) is maybe..6 missions, max? A few glowie hunts, boss kills, a rescue, a kill all, and the Elite Boss. After that, the powers are unlocked..but then you NEED to hit 38 to pick the powers (or maybe respec, and choose it at 35)

Once you defeat Dr. Quatrexin you should have the badge that unlocks all patron pools.  In fact, you ONLY need the badge, so you could join someone who is about to run that mission, get the badge, and you're good.  You literally need do nothing but defeat him, and you're good.  ^_^

• Like 1

• 4 months later

This is a bit late now, but as someone who had been doing the Widow's arc each time and took the suggestion to do Black Scorpion I was very pleasantly surprised at how much faster it was. Auto complete the third mission and ignore mobs to look for the objectives for all the others.

For those who want to rush through remember to -1 x1 the difficulty.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

This is a bit late now, but as someone who had been doing the Widow's arc each time and took the suggestion to do Black Scorpion I was very pleasantly surprised at how much faster it was. Auto complete the third mission and ignore mobs to look for the objectives for all the others.

For those who want to rush through remember to -1 x1 the difficulty.

I asked this same question not too long ago and was told Black Scorpion and so far it's worked out for me.  I just ran it with an MM whose build was, well, not awful, but also not fully there nor fully slotted yet.  I set the difficulty as low as I could, skipped the kill-all and Malta or no, did just fine with it.  I did have a couple of peeps show up later to help me along, but only in the next to last and last mission that got us the badge.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 6/18/2019 at 2:09 AM, Shinobu said:

Once you defeat Dr. Quatrexin you should have the badge that unlocks all patron pools.  In fact, you ONLY need the badge, so you could join someone who is about to run that mission, get the badge, and you're good.  You literally need do nothing but defeat him, and you're good.  ^_^

Do be careful if you join someone else, if they have been in the mission for very long and you join them and kill the end EB too quickly, you may not get credit because you "weren't in the mission long enough for the rewards".  You may want to kill a couple of other spawns first to make sure you get end mission credit.