Is taunt -range (100%) working?

tellania

My lvl 42 fire tank taunted a rikti, but he stayed at a distance (guess 6m?) and continue to use range weapons.

I redid the taunt, and no change in the distance (he still fired).

Looking at the description it is -100% range, shouldnt that have forced him into melee range?

Thought this was a change from beta, or does the -100% range scale with level?

It's -75% range

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

28 minutes ago, Bopper said:

It's -75% range

It says 100% in the power description though.

X7ga04E.png?1

I confess I'm pretty disappointed with Taunt. I took it to peel Battle Maiden from her blue circles and she simply ignores me and continues pew pewing despite the fact I taunt and immediately flee back. Not just that but she doesn't even focus on me. If she's pew pewing someone else she'll continue doing so.

Same with other mobs like the giant robots in Apex. I taunt expecting them to follow me but they stop and shoot NPCs instead.

18 minutes ago, Sovera said:

It says 100% in the power description though.

X7ga04E.png?1

I confess I'm pretty disappointed with Taunt. I took it to peel Battle Maiden from her blue circles and she simply ignores me and continues pew pewing despite the fact I taunt and immediately flee back. Not just that but she doesn't even focus on me. If she's pew pewing someone else she'll continue doing so.

Same with other mobs like the giant robots in Apex. I taunt expecting them to follow me but they stop and shoot NPCs instead.

Huh...is that new? I'll look up the effects, but I honestly did not know it became -100%

Is it possible a -100% debuff is actually just cutting it in half? Sort of like when you reduce endurance cost, it is actually a 1/(1+endredux)? I wonder if this just makes max range become ¹/(1+100%)= 1/2.

Either way, sounds like I have something new to learn today.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

2 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Huh...is that new? I'll look up the effects, but I honestly did not know it became -100%

Is it possible a -100% debuff is actually just cutting it in half? Sort of like when you reduce endurance cost, it is actually a 1/(1+endredux)? I wonder if this just makes max range become ¹/(1+100%)= 1/2.

That makes perfect sense. Conserve Power's 116% endurance reduction does not make a 10 endurance power cost 0, only 5 endurance. -100% range is bound to be something like you said, and then she must have a stupidly long range on top of that.

Or she's just immune to Taunt.

Either way taunting and immediately fleeing to force following does not work.

11 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Yeah, they changed it when they got rid of bruising. Remember when they tested "Maybe taunt should have a 10 or 7 target cap"? This was the change to taunt that actually stuck.

• Like 1

I looked it up, it certainly is a -100% strength to range. It used to be -75% on Live. My guess is, either the enemy has enhanced range and/or the effects of debuffing the strength is an increase to the denominator (as I showed).

But given how enhancing range is multuplicative (range x [1+range enhance]) odds are this is too. So I strongly suspect the enemy has enhanced/buffed range.

1 minute ago, Major_Decoy said:

Yeah, they changed it when they got rid of bruising. Remember when they tested "Maybe taunt should have a 10 or 7 target cap"? This was the change to taunt that actually stuck.

great to know, thanks. 

1 minute ago, Marshal_General said:

I used taunt on a regular warrior mob on the test server and he ran around for about a minute without attacking me despite me using taunt each time it recharged. I had to chase him down.

When I use it's how I feel it to be working. The 400% is maybe just an increase? Maybe we need to attack and build threat to them get 400% more of it? It's not how I am used to Taunts though, a taunt is clicked and mobs ignore everything and focus on the taunter.

3 minutes ago, Sovera said:

When I use it's how I feel it to be working. The 400% is maybe just an increase? Maybe we need to attack and build threat to them get 400% more of it? It's not how I am used to Taunts though, a taunt is clicked and mobs ignore everything and focus on the taunter.

It was the last mob of a group I was fighting. I want to say that he had taken damage, but I am not sure.

From experience, fear (the running kind) > taunt.

Like Burn in fire aura, the running fear response is stronger than the taunt.

Which comes back to the question, assume range is linear (e.g. -100% should force them to melee range), how do you test it?

Is it enhanced range (I dont remember rikti having enhanced range, the drones might, but not the regular LT types).

4 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

I used taunt on a regular warrior mob on the test server and he ran around for about a minute without attacking me despite me using taunt each time it recharged. I had to chase him down.

From what I understand about how Taunt works, if you didn't do any damage to the enemy beforehand, your taunt won't actually force the enemy to attack you. The power just increases the aggro you have accumulated on the target so if you don't have any aggro because you didn't give him a little bit of a smack beforehand he won't come at you

Taunt I believe is not -100 meaning close to 0 feet. There's some posts from a Dev that they move to -75 and stop there. Can't recall if it was due to resist or something. It's in one of the threads where tanks were being discussed, vis a vi changes.

6 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

From what I understand about how Taunt works, if you didn't do any damage to the enemy beforehand, your taunt won't actually force the enemy to attack you. The power just increases the aggro you have accumulated on the target so if you don't have any aggro because you didn't give him a little bit of a smack beforehand he won't come at you

If that was the case, Recluse would be (almost) immune to taunt in the MLTF because he's got hardcapped defense, however, a tank can just keep taunting him and he'll leave the rest of the team alone (at least in my experience)

What this team needs is more Defenders