Are AE drops specifically kept light?

Just curious.   It just seems like when you have it set for normal drops....barring common/uncommon salvage, that's probably 90% of your drops in a typical AE run?  I'm guessing that's by design to have you running the normal content if you wanna get recipes, etc?

Some days that I run the missions I use for moneymaking, I also get three purple recipes in the process.  Other days I get zilch. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

7 hours ago, Heraclea said:

Some days that I run the missions I use for moneymaking, I also get three purple recipes in the process.  Other days I get zilch. 

And what, pray tell, is the mission of which you speak?

• Like 1

RNG can be a real jerk sometimes.  That said, I have been told by a few people there was (is?) a mechanism in place to skew the odds against earning purples if you just do the same stuff over and over and over. 

That's tough to verify given that purples don't rain out regularly enough to differentiate between an epic dry streak and a mean old clamp; all I can say is, I seem to get purples more consistently on my farmers if I take them out of the AE for a chunk of missions/raids/etc then bring them back in.  

THAT SAID... a few weeks back I went on a zombie streak where I just farmed up a fistful of characters in a week, and didn't bother to alternate farmers... and got three purples in one door.  So maybe the only thing that really exists is the RNG and our own varying degrees of luck.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

4 hours ago, Lockpick said:

And what, pray tell, is the mission of which you speak?

Heaven and Hell - #26231, and Maria Jenkins 'Defeat Infernal'.  No observable difference in results between AE content and official content.  The AE mish does include a couple official mobs.   Infernal is noticeably slower, but this is on account of some of the demons having t9 style shields and self heals. 

Edited by Heraclea
sp

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Mission completes are the only difference related to this topic.

If folks have used the P2W options to avoid some drops, those drops are not replaced by something else. (I pretty sure that is correct)

Otherwise it is just the randomness being streaky.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Game Master
57 minutes ago, Troo said:

If folks have used the P2W options to avoid some drops, those drops are not replaced by something else. (I pretty sure that is correct)

You are quite correct. You still technically get the drop but you don't receive it. It's not replaced with something better.

• Thanks 1

• Game Master

As far as I'm aware we haven't changed drop rates at all on AE. As a few people have said, it's just random. The chance of getting a drop, then the percentage chance of a particular rarity. I also have a farmer and some days I get a purple or two, then I go through a streak of getting none of them. The chances of getting a good drop increase the fewer players in AE. Drops are spread out amongst the people in the team so the fewer in the team the more drops per alt, and the higher the chance of a good drop. You will also find a drop in XP and inf as it's spread between the actual number of people. So solo +4/8 those 8 people worth of enemies is going to drop more per person than having physically 8 people present. It's not an increase per se, but the sheer volume of enemies on the map.

• Thanks 1

I'm reasonably certain that +0/x8 offers the same (non-XP) drops as +4/x8, as it is the rank of the mobs and not the level of the mobs which determines %drop. As noted above, teaming will spread out the drops.

8 hours ago, Troo said:

Mission completes are the only difference related to this topic.

Otherwise it is just the randomness being streaky.

One thing here may be different in AE.  Drop avoidance in standard content works towards various badges.  But stuff earned in AE generally does not count towards badges:  not to mobs defeated, damage given or taken, or inf earned, for instance.  Only badges that relate to XP earned continue to accrue in AE.  I doubt that you make progress towards drops denied in AE, but I could be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

One thing here may be different in AE.  Drop avoidance in standard content works towards various badges.  But stuff earned in AE generally does not count towards badges:  not to mobs defeated, damage given or taken, or inf earned, for instance.  Only badges that relate to XP earned continue to accrue in AE.  I doubt that you make progress towards drops denied in AE, but I could be wrong. 

I know you can get the inspiration deny badge in ae 

I’ve been away for several weeks so haven’t been able to play. Decided to power level a new toon a little today. I used to get probably 20 or so common recipes after a few runs. 

I’ve done 5 runs and have gotten a total of 7 recipes total (counting both my farmer and the new toons drops). Must not be my day unless I missed some drop adjustment to AE. 

Edited by Saikochoro

23 hours ago, Heraclea said:

You would be mistaken here. Rejected recipe progress was made on my badger in AE maps. 

Anecdotally, I find my farm brute does better when I change maps, regardless of whether it's Dev content, or AE.  Not saying results are poorer over time, only that they are better when I change maps.