Costume Competitions

Back in my old days on Union there were Costume Comps all the time in Atlas Plaza,

Practically one every night almost on weekends.

I have seen a few "announced" while I have been back in game so clearly they still happen but not seen one actually run yet.

How common are they now in the game and, where do they happen?

I used to l9ve checking out entries and bios and stuff at them. Some real creative genius on show.

I think the ones run by the GM's tend to be in Khalisti Wharf, so both Heroes and Villains can participate.  

Sadly that still excludes the Goldside characters who aren't ready to hit Primal Earth yes, but, well, you can't have everything.  Pocket D exists, but it doesn't have a good wide open area free from dance club lighting that's straightforward to get to. Khalisti is at least available off both blue and redside mass transit.

Most CC's I've seen run by players are still blueside, at Atlas.

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 1

Might depend on time of day. I've seen them, mostly run by SGs, occasionally as an "I'm bored" on Everlasting. I don't tend to see as many announcements since I started covering third shift. 🙂

Even threw together a base for public use so they didn't have to worry about lighting from the time of day outside. (Stages-13625) Not sure if it's been used or not though.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

There aren't as common as on live, but they still happen. On Excelsior, I've seen the Cosmic Council Supergroup run more than a few, and my own SG Council of the Rose has run them in the past. The guaranteed contests are once a month by the GM team across all shards; player-run CC's are more sporadic and vary.

28 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I've seen them, mostly run by SGs, occasionally as an "I'm bored" on Everlasting.

This happens on Excelsior too. I've seen several players with money to spare host impromptu contests in Atlas, mostly because they're bored and have money to throw away. I've even done that once myself. So CC's still happen, just not as frequently as they used to.

Edited by GastlyGibus

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

1 minute ago, Dafydd Hywel said:

Where do they announce the GM ones, for future reference?

In the Announcements forum, and probably on Discord as well

• Like 1