Request for the Complete Guide to PvP Recipes

So, I don't know if I'm just failing at my Search-Fu here, but I'm having a helluva time trying to get the complete and comprehensive guide to PvP IO Set Enhancement Recipes.

I've heard they drop from PvE content now.

I see on the Wiki that they have a 5 minute cooldown on them in PvP.

But what's the whole story?  What are all the conditions where PvP Recipes drop?  Are they a "50 Only" thing now?  Which doesn't make much sense, since I don't have -any- 50s, but I've had a tiny spattering of PvP Recipes in my inventory from the past year-and-change of play on very few of my characters.  Is there a guide or wiki page somewhere that I'm just completely missing in my search?

Thank you, folks, for any assistance in getting the details on this.

If I remember right, PVP recipes can start dropping at level 10 in PvE content. I feel like they're rarer than standard rare drops, but more common than purples are at 50. I remember that I lucked into one while running Faultline that helped bankroll the character for a good while.

The drop rate is low enough that a 5 minute timer in PvE wouldn't really be noticed if it did exist. Couldn't tell ya about PvP drop rates.

My understanding and I could be wrong:

1) PVP drops can drop from any content, I would say at a rate in between rare recipes and purple recipes.  I have no idea if they drop more frequently in PVP content.

2) PVP IOs have a second set of bonuses that is only active in PVP content (their first set of bonuses always applies)

3) PVP IO set bonuses are like that of purples or attuned enhancements and are always active regardless of level

4) The PVP procs do more damage / fire more often (?) against other players, but are on par with the standard 3.5ppm damage procs in PVE.

11 hours ago, Machariel said:

My understanding and I could be wrong:

1) PVP drops can drop from any content, I would say at a rate in between rare recipes and purple recipes.  I have no idea if they drop more frequently in PVP content.

2) PVP IOs have a second set of bonuses that is only active in PVP content (their first set of bonuses always applies)

3) PVP IO set bonuses are like that of purples or attuned enhancements and are always active regardless of level

4) The PVP procs do more damage / fire more often (?) against other players, but are on par with the standard 3.5ppm damage procs in PVE.

Re: number 4, under the old flat-rate proc rules PvP IO procs had a 20% chance against PvE targets and 30% chance against PvP targets. Under the current PPM system they have the same proc rate in PvE and PvP but do the same damage as purple procs against player targets (107 vs 71, roughly).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

A pvp recipe may drop in any content, AE farms, Task Forces, Strike Forces, Street sweeps, hunts, ..and in pvp, of course. It's all random. They drop as often as any rare recipe would. 

As far as percentages go, I have no idea, nor concern. If I want one, I buy a level 10 pvp recipe (or as many as 50 of them at as low a price as I can) at level 7, boosted by inf from another character. Craft, convert to the one I want, slot it. The rest are sold as they are for 9-10m. They pretty much all sell within the hour, unless I got too greedy, or someone posted some seriously low prices for reasons that escape my logic. Then, if it's not a proc, like say I want to actually use the glad armor set for it's set bonuses, I'll catalyze them. 4m+2.5m is still cheaper than 9-10m from the ah. (And that 2.5 is opportunity cost, as I use ones that drop, borrowing from alts, as they only drop for level 50 characters.)

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

A pvp recipe may drop in any content, AE farms, Task Forces, Strike Forces, Street sweeps, hunts, ..and in pvp, of course. It's all random.

This has generally been my observation as well. I checked my crafting records back to October and saw that I had 21 PvP recipes out of approximately 850 drops, or about 2.5%, with levels ranging from 16 to 50. In a typical week of play (mostly solo with a few task force/team missions thrown in), I end up with about 20 set IO recipe drops, with anywhere from 0-2 PvP recipes in the mix. I do almost always take advantage of the Chronologist day job which grants a recipe bonus, so I likely end up with more set IOs as a result.