SuperGroup Base cost

d4verman

I always thought you had to have a certain number of people willing to join up to form a team, but I found out today that you can just do it by yourself. So I made a group and invited my alts. Now I'm wondering what the rent is. I want to put stuff in it, but I don't want to go in over my head. Is there a way to see that? 

Yeah, it's all free, there is no upkeep cost at all. You can see the item limit in the editor, but the biggest limiting factor is your creative mind. (and your FPS)

Refer to the base building section of the forums for more info;  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/30-base-construction/

• Thanks 2

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

Just now, Giovanni Valia said:

Yeah, it's all free, there is no upkeep cost at all. You can see the item limit in the editor, but the biggest limiting factor is your creative mind. (and your FPS)

Refer to the base building section of the forums for more info;  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/30-base-construction/

Wow...thanks man. Way back in the day I was in a group (villain side) but I deployed (was in the Army) and was gone for awhile. When I got back everyone had left the group and I was the sole member and now leader. But I couldn't pay the upkeep for the base. I guess the free bases put a crimp in SG recruiting, though. 

28 minutes ago, d4verman said:

I guess the free bases put a crimp in SG recruiting, though.

Yep.  Look around and most people you see aren't even in SG's.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Yeah, I noticed that. People joined SGs to pool resources in the past, but if there's no upkeep there's no reason to do that I guess. Everyone can just have their own base. Granted thats what they do in Champions Online, but AFAIK they don't have SG bases, just individual lairs....and they're behind a paywall! They aren't useful for more than storage, though.

With the Base Passcodes as well there's a whole new aspect of the game in building and sharing Bases that really wasn't anywhere near as accessible or prevalent as it is now.  It's a huge step up!

Global Channels have largely filled the gap left where Groups used to be used for recruitment of missions and trial content.  Honestly, I quite like the way things are arranged now!  We're still not quite at 100% ideal, but we're at least in a much better position overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

Well they are in SG's , but it's just for alts and storage. I have one on each server for my alts.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

37 minutes ago, Crimsonpyre said:

Well they are in SG's , but it's just for alts and storage. I have one on each server for my alts.

meanwhile some us use alts to have even more homes for our mains. I owna  mansion on an island, a couple space ships in orbit, and a mountain top chateau. Ok ok Its my 2nd in command in the midnighters that is the base builder, and he is a bloody artist about it to be frank. Lucky for me he seems to mainly make them for me to find uses for them and bring people by to hang out and party in them lol.

I mean what could anyone store in bases that is that big a deal at this point? I sell anything I dont need, bases are for fun, more then function for me these days.

• Like 1

Oh, I don't know. If I have a lowbie that finds a SO under 20 or so, I'll blow an unslotter to park it in the base when she outlevels it.

It's a nice treat for new toons.

But yeah, not so much needed these days. Neat to have a level trainer and a place to sell surplus enhs/recipes/salvage handy, though!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Without the limitations of Prestige, you can get creative and go crazy.

On Indom, I have five SGs and the only people in them are my own characters (with one exception). I try to give each SG base a different look and feel. It's another aspect of "altitus" for me, I guess.

I highly suggest looking at the public base codes thread... Just to give yourself an idea of what's possible these days. You'll see why so many of us love not having to scrape for Prestige to buy every box and candlestick.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Personally I prefer it this way, but ... after other MMO's ... I've very skittish of anything that smacks of a "Guild".

Some of it is definiltely more of a "me" issue than a "SG" issue. 

But I prefer operating on a Pug basis or global friends basis than formally being in the same SG as other players.

• Like 1

The up-front cost was one thing, but the shameless

"Noice base you got heah, too bad if sometin happen to it."

aspect of it drove me crazy!

Between the base raids and the mortgage payments, it was an excellent reason to unsubscribe!

(I get enough of that crap IRL -- which I keep waiting to see some decent patches for. Talk about your slacker devs! If there was only an alternative, but so far, it's the only game that runs on my system.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

14 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

The up-front cost was one thing, but the shameless

"Noice base you got heah, too bad if sometin happen to it."

aspect of it drove me crazy!

Between the base raids and the mortgage payments, it was an excellent reason to unsubscribe!

(I get enough of that crap IRL -- which I keep waiting to see some decent patches for. Talk about your slacker devs! If there was only an alternative, but so far, it's the only game that runs on my system.)

Real Life desperately needs some patches. 

I mean, the graphics are incredible, and the attention to detail in the zones is legendary, and interface is reallly intuitive.  So kudos for that.

But the Real Life GM's need to get seriously crackin on fixing some reported bugs.

And what's up with this enforced Hardcore One-Life-Only mode for Real Life?  I mean c'mon, some of us are looking for something more casual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, d4verman said:

If players can basically have their own SG and a base do they form coalitions still?

Yes.  But I think there's still the limits of 300 characters per SG, and 10 SG's per Coalition. 

Though... I'm fuzzy on both of those.  Those may have changed on Homecoming.  I wasnt' really looking / paying those limits much attention anyway.

20 hours ago, d4verman said:

I always thought you had to have a certain number of people willing to join up to form a team, but I found out today that you can just do it by yourself. So I made a group and invited my alts. Now I'm wondering what the rent is. I want to put stuff in it, but I don't want to go in over my head. Is there a way to see that? 

20 hours ago, Giovanni Valia said:

There is no base cost/ prestige required any more.

20 hours ago, d4verman said:

Wait, what? It's FREE?

Really? So I can just put stuff in the bass free of cost?

20 hours ago, Giovanni Valia said:

Government subsidized the housing for Super-groups.

Next thing you know, they'll be adding a City of Gyros to each base as a way to help afford such subsidies.

And that XP debt that you get when defeated, that go towards the subsidies as well.

and the AH fees.

And...

😋

While you're at it, put a base empowerment station next to the medi-porter, so you can buff yourself vs. whatever killed you in the first place!

And while you're at it, get a nurse to sell you candy...

A trainer is very handy, also.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:56 PM, d4verman said:

I guess the free bases put a crimp in SG recruiting, though.

Personally, I think it has led to people joining groups for the reason they should be joining - to team up and play with like minded people, not just to bring people on as prestige mules. 

9 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

While you're at it, put a base empowerment station next to the medi-porter, so you can buff yourself vs. whatever killed you in the first place!

And while you're at it, get a nurse to sell you candy...

A trainer is very handy, also.

Wait, you can put a trainer and a nurse in the base, too? Cool. 

• Like 1