Plaque in Safe Rock (Hive) honoring Veracor

MsSmart

To the developers and all concerned:

Veracor has worked endlessly for a year, helping us , leading us, and making the game awesome.

It would be nice, for a history plaque honoring Veracor to be placed, at the Safe Rock, where we gather for Hami raids, quick badge and really nice appreciation for one who has given so much

Come On folks, lets all post our support here

Sue

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

I hate to down the mood, but I'm going to state what I stated last night in ELTF - this would be a big disservice to the other raid leaders, and its likely that none of us (Elm, Keen, Black, Oh, Captain Star, Chi, Mojo, myself, and Veracor to be topical) would even want a plaque/care for one. The thing about it is the resources as well - placing a plaque would be game-wide, not server-wide. Which then opens up to "well what about me!?" from Excelsior, Torchbearer, etc. 

Not to be the Debbie Downer but no amount of +1s will get this done is my train of thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

44 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

I hate to down the mood, but I'm going to state what I stated last night in ELTF - this would be a big disservice to the other raid leaders, and its likely that none of us (Elm, Keen, Black, Oh, Captain Star, Chi, Mojo, myself, and Veracor to be topical) would even want a plaque/care for one. The thing about it is the resources as well - placing a plaque would be game-wide, not server-wide. Which then opens up to "well what about me!?" from Excelsior, Torchbearer, etc. 

Not to be the Debbie Downer but no amount of +1s will get this done is my train of thought.

I agree with Shade, while it's a kind thought, it's not realistic. The reward for being a content leader in this game is only the recognition and appreciation from the players themselves. Not any added thing in the game (titles, plaques, badges, etc). While thoughts are appreciated, just a "thanks" to the content lead is all they hope to gain. I'm not saying this to be mean, I really just want you to understand that it's an unreasonable request to get added to the game and I don't want anyone to be sad later.  Also, afaik, the only addition to CoH was the memorial that SCORE added, Luna. Since HC built off of SCORE, it makes sense they just left it in there. I don't think HC should really add anything, in regards to this kind of topic.

• Like 1

• Retired Developer

*clicks plaque*

On this spot, for time immemorial, heroes make their stand against the Hamidon.

Dubbed Safe Rock, this platform is the staging ground for incursions and dance parties alike.

These highly dangerous assaults are led by recognizable heroes:

Men, women, anthropomorphics, robots, aliens, and dragons with a reputation for never sleeping.

I mean, he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon.
But they were still the thing standing between the world and the Hamidon.

You're welcome, rookie.

Edit: This is just headcanon, not real canon.

Edit edit: Need less coffee.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

Somewhat notable, SCORE actually added five.  Luna, Ascendant, Curupira, NorseWind, and Todogut.  I only know of Ascendant, but I think half or more of CoH knew who Ascendant was by the end of the game, not just Virtue.

11 hours ago, _Kai_ said:

Somewhat notable, SCORE actually added five.  Luna, Ascendant, Curupira, NorseWind, and Todogut.  I only know of Ascendant, but I think half or more of CoH knew who Ascendant was by the end of the game, not just Virtue.

All of those are memorials for heroes that left us much too young. RIP heroes. 

EDIT:

6 minutes ago, MakoMako said:

There's actually more than that. Notably you forgot Raine Heartfall, who belonged to one of my closest friends @Perfidus.

I found a list on the Wiki:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Category:Memorial_NPCs

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, _Kai_ said:

There's actually more than that. Notably you forgot Raine Heartfall, who belonged to one of my closest friends @Perfidus.

Those names are players that stuck with CoH to the end and passed away. Most of which, at least, died before being able to come back home here.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:53 PM, MsSmart said:

...worked endlessly...

*played a videogame that he enjoyed endlessly.

The game is the reward. Don't confuse it.

Plus, the game has existed since 2004. There have been countless hamidon raid leaders, across multiple servers. None of them required plaques. I don't see why Everlasting and Veracor do? Am I missing something?

Edited by Xanatos
  • Like 2

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

I don't know how many there are in total, I just remembered looking Ascendant up at some point and those 5 were listed in the Issue 25 information of 'things added', 🙂 so there may be a whole lot more I'm not aware of!