How silly can you get?? Oh YEAH!

GritIron

Silly and Hillarious Character Concepts and Characters....

Maytag Masher - Ice/TW Tanker

Bored Maytag Repairmen with too much time on their hands from the reliable Maytag brand created Battlegear out of Spare Maytag parts, creating hte Maytag Masher.  Now, the Maytag Repair team  helps to repair the Citys Crime problems, providing Quality Customer Support and Heroing!

Not a concept of mine, but a couple that made me giggle was a wolf man wearing a suit named Wolf of Wallstreet and another guy who looked like  business tycoon named Electronic Arts who had several pets with names I think were things like DLC, Origin Access, Preorder Bonus, ect.

Well I'm a fan of Loading Ready Run so I kind of like the idea of making some of their sketch characters in the game.

Unfortunately Questionably Legal Man is to long of a name so he's out but but there are some that could work. Guy with a Cell Phone Man is presumably a mastermind of some sort since he calls in other people to solve problems althoguh his name is to long as well dammit.

Kane and Crowthorne are clearly a pair of Rogue Assault Rife/Martial Combat Blasters, possibly supplemented by Savoy and Chevalier who I feel are Pistols/Martial Combat Blasters

You could also have a team with Mega Man (Street Justice/Something Scrapper), The Wizard (Illusion/Something Controller), Electrovolt (Elec/Elec Blaster) and Triple Threat (Pistols/Devices Blaster)

Defender Smash!

Oh hell yeah this is my fucking jam.

* Redside, there is a Mastermind that is quite literally responsible for the misfortunes of half the entire planet.  Entire organizations struggle against him in the hopes of overthrowing his iron-fisted rule, and yet he reigns supreme with a callous disregard for their suffering.  Even Arachnos is not free from his influence, as seen within his ranks of soldiers.  From the highest echelons of government to a single spread pair of legs on the subway... he is there.  He is omnipresent.  He is... THE PATRIARCHY. (Thugs/Poison, because toxic masculinity.)

* The situation in Paragon City is grim, and darkness threatens to swallow it.  Cultists, traitors, xenos, rogue psykers, and tech-heresy threaten the world, yet it is still within the power of others to save it.  The Imperium of Man has noticed its need, but unfortunately it's at least 20,000 years too early and from a different setting entirely, so they amount of help they can provide is limited to a single Guardsman.  Enter Guardsman Willis. (Beam Rifle/Devices, pls no sue me Games Workshop, I am but a humble farmer ;_;)

Aside from that there's a Dual Pistols/Thermal Corruptor that I'm giving a go at.  His whole thing is that the Rogue Isles medical community realized that when villains die in warehouses and sewers there's a tendency for their bodies to leak incredibly toxic blood/their super-suits reactors melt down/all the souls bound to their armor to break free/all the demons under their control/all sorts of terrible things that endanger the lives of normal people and make their work harder.  So they're outsourcing medical jobs to private contractors with the reasoning being that keeping villains alive keeps parts of the country from going up in mushroom clouds or burning down in balefire.  A little more subtle and complex than the other two, I guess.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

One of the first characters I had to remake from the old days was Cheesy Grits. She was just an ordinary Waffle House waitress from Georgia working the night shift when a truck carrying radioactive waste crashed through her restaurant. Some of the waste spilled into the big pot of grits on the stove, which in turn spilled onto her, dousing her in radioactive grits. Afterwards she discovered she had the ability to summon huge amounts of rapidly cooling grits from thin air and throw beams of radiation.

Deciding that rural Georgia was no place for a super hero she headed to Paragon City. It's where all the super freaks gather anyway. When she applied for her hero ID they gave her a skimpy spandex costume, but she's too embarrassed to be seen in it, so she wears her leather jacket and blue jeans over top of it.

One part Southern sass, one part weaponized breakfast food, she's Cheesy Grits, here to serve a side of Justice to evil doers with her catch phrase "Kiss my grits!"

So one of my characters is Dr Alec von Chronite. What does the University of Munich do when a tenured professor from the 1800s accidentally catapults himself forward in time a century? They can't fire him so they convince him to participate in a professor exchange program with Paragon University. What does Paragon University do when the University of Munich sends them a Victorian-era professor of Time Travel? Well they can't send him back (the guy they traded him for was even worse) but they can arrange for him to get a grant to study temporal anomalies and an off-campus lab.

• Like 1

Defender Smash!

Oh man, I was notorious in my SG for coming up with "concept" SG's.

There are a the two that I can remember

<Paragon City Culinary School> Everybody had names like Saute, Kitchen Aid, Creme Brulee, Viking Range.

<Ladies of Negotiable Affection> We'd all wear fishnets (men too!), and lean against streetlamps. And run people through TF's or badge missions. For a reasonable price, of course.

I think I had SG concepts based on colors or aquarium fish or movies with lots of wire work.

• Like 1

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

Rocky Road Warrior

Ice Armor/Stone Melee Tanker.

Origin - He was having some Ice Cream at a local shop in King's Row when the clockwork paladin and the heroes who were fighting it passed through the street, The Radiation from a Radiation Defender irradiated his Rocky Road Ice Cream and now he is a Chocolate Man, Smashing enemies with gigantic fists and hammers made of the purest Darkest Chocolates!

• Like 1

I recently rolled up a Dark/Dark Controller who is the shadowy lord of the depths, Lord Fish Styx.  It was a hard call between Controller or Dom because I love Dominators but thought I'd branch outside my comfort zone and see if I couldn't get a controller past my personal record of the late teens.

• Like 1

I have a Titan Weapons/Willpower brute. She carries the broken railroad crossing sign as her weapon. She's a zombie. Her name is "Grrr Arrrg".

I am considering building an SG called The Zombie Apocalypse and invite others to make zombies.

A fun one I saw recently was an ice/ice blaster, I think called HVAC.

• Like 1

I would absolutely join the Zombie Apocalypse with a zombie mastermind who is also a zombie.... I feel the need to make this now. :)

edit: And so I did. Blue side there's a nice kindly lady and her children who want to help people out and just so happens to be a zombie thanks to Dr Vahzilok. Still she loves all of her stinky children. She's called Mother of Monsters, or Mom for short.

• Like 1

As a sort of joke sort of serious, I made a stripper in a gold dress named Trixie as a Ninja Blade/Ninjitsu stalker for the hilarity. Yes, she's a character from a movie, but hey it's all in fun and I make no attempts to hide that she's based on the movie character. :) I have as close as one can get to all of the different outfits she wears in the movie and whenever I change costumes, I do the ninja leap change emote based on the scene in the movie where she leaps into the air does backflips across the room and lands on a man's lap ("I call this move 'Shock and Awe!'") The name of the movie is <female dog> SLAP.

bitch-slap-lg.jpg

I've got a Dual Pistols/Mind Blaster, The Panic. Her schtick is to go find scumbags in positions of authority, and use fear (either through direct psychological manipulation or through the time-honoured tradition of waving guns around menacingly) to make them cough up their misdeeds in public.

That's the plan, anyway. And she's got a vague definition of "scumbags".

She uses a lot of mass confusion (as soon as I get the power anyway), so the mooks might end up being more confused and scared than their boss. Her catchphrase is "you may now panic".

• Like 1

Part-time table flipper

Global: Skathi the Huntress

They taught him sign language. They taught him math. They taught him art. BUT THEY DID NOT TEACH HIM LOVE!!! The test subject was a gorilla named Gogo who was exposed  to an experimental serum that was supposed to increase intelligence. Boy, did it! Unfortunately for his handlers Gogo became superhumanly intelligent....annnnnd also highly radioactive. After slaughtering his captors and building a hi-tech suit to contain his radioactive abilities, Gogo shed his human name and fled to the Rogue Isles as the supremely intelligent, powerful and devious IRRADI-APE!

• Like 1

I created a blue side MM who runs around auditing villains, making sure their paperwork is in order, and those who don't pay get tied up in red tape ( /Traps) or are fed to the Demons/. His registered name is of course Infernal Revenue.

• Like 1

A new character I've been playing around with is Mother of Monsters. Mom for short. She's just an ordinary older woman who's looking out for her precious children. She tends to be a bit doting on them, and is especially fond of trying to find a partner for her son Timmy since he's a little shy and doesn't talk much. Of course it doesn't bother her that she's a zombie, and her 'children' are just other corpses she's animated. A little run in with Dr Vahzilok and an implanted necromantech controller that was one of her experiments has left her a little... off. But really, she's a nice, kindly lady who just wants to take care of her children and help people out. She enjoys reading them stories in the park too. Really, why do people keep yelling at her the way they do?

• Haha 1

MWTD66t.png

Beezlebud (Poison/Rad Defender) was summoned by a vengeful warlock who didn't quite get the importance of proper pronunciation or spelling.

Unlike most of his summoned demonic peers, he's not really a fighter. Instead, his days in the infernal realms are generally spent repeating variations of "have you tried putting your amulet off and on?" and "are you sure your sacrifice was still alive when you killed it?". But he's not going to clear any misunderstanding about his power or identity, as he's really, really not eager to go back to thaumaturgical support, and his looks are impressive enough to support his bluff.

Oh, yeah, and don't call him Bud.

• Haha 1

Part-time table flipper

Global: Skathi the Huntress

I have a Titan Weapons/Willpower brute. She carries the broken railroad crossing sign as her weapon. She's a zombie. Her name is "Grrr Arrrg".

I am considering building an SG called The Zombie Apocalypse and invite others to make zombies.

A fun one I saw recently was an ice/ice blaster, I think called HVAC.

Zombie Apocalypse would be amazing!!!!!

• Like 1

If you make that SG, Zoombie will be there.

I also have recently made a TW/Nin scrapper whose costume is the body in all-black Spectrum and as obscured as possible by dark clouds, and then the demonic sword colored fairly normal red and gold. /Nin contains a stealth power that lets you crit out of it (would've been a Stalker but Stalkers don't get TW), which I will be running as often as possible. The intended efffect is to look like SUDENLY WTF GIANT SWORD OUT OF NOWHERE WHAT.

I named it BFS.

• Like 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry