"PVP Only" enhancement set bonuses?

dekova

Hoping someone can help me understand what I'm looking at on the enhancement sets wiki page.

Some sets are flagged as "pvp only" which I thought meant that they only dropped from pvp encounters, but then the enhancement set bonuses can display different bonuses for pvp and pve like experienced marksman. Does that mean the bonus is different when fighting in a pvp zone or during pvp combat or something else?

Experienced Marksman
PVE + PVP
5% Range 1.5% Health 2.5% Damage 2.25% Endurance

2.5% Ranged Def
1.25% Pos/Neg Def

Experienced Marksman
PVP only
2.25% Smash/Lethal Res
3.75% Mez Res
10% Regeneration 9% Accuracy 7.5% Recharge Time

3% Recovery

It's also one of the reasons that "PvP anywhere" is still a cylindrical metallic container full of of annelids even -if- it's easy to enable.  Like, would people flag themselves for PvP in PvE zones just to get the PvP Set Bonuses?  Would flagging yourself for PvP in a PvE Zone simply not activate the Bonuses?  Is there a possible alternative?

Questions that are unlikely to be answered any time soon.  At least on Homecoming.   . . . have any of the other servers out there enabled self-flagging PvP?

I think that's something Thunderspy was looking at doing. They re-enabled base raiding (lol) but IIRC they haven't fixed things like mez durations and other broken powers so it'd be a shitshow.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

25 minutes ago, macskull said:

I think that's something Thunderspy was looking at doing. They re-enabled base raiding (lol) but IIRC they haven't fixed things like mez durations and other broken powers so it'd be a shitshow.

... with no restrictions on how bases are made, I'd assume? Wonder how fun "yeah, our destructible items are locked in inaccessible rooms" is...

• Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

No, I think they still have the base pathing requirements in place, but I'm not 100% sure. I tend to just barely keep up with what they're doing over there because a server with no XP in AE missions and questionable-at-best powers balancing doesn't at all appeal to me.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Considering that bases are now free, why not create one flagged for base raiding? Choose for it to be enabled at creating and pathing and item placement has to follow the stricter requirements.

As for open-world PvP, my initial reaction is 'No' because PvP is my least favourite form of gameplay in any game. But if it's character-based opt-in then I don't see it as a huge issue (nightmarish coding not withstanding). I'm not so opposed to PvP that I don't want to even see a hint of it while I'm out heroing/villainizing, Actually, I think it would make the game more dynamic and immersive with opponents battling it out in the streets.

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

5 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

think it would make the game more dynamic and immersive with opponents battling it out in the streets

Thats what made zones sofaking great.  Hot spots in sirens have a point/objective, and a story.  And a reward for winning (zone buffs and temp power sales).  Was sofaking fun.  Closest ive seen since is gw2 world v world.

6 minutes ago, Sakai said:

Hmm. I haven't been to Sirens Call since coming back. That is what its called right or is my MTG past showing?

Yes it is.. welcome. I play nice

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum