The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Bring back the rainbows

Vanden

Back in the beforetimes, in the good times, Invulnerability glowed with all the colors of the rainbow. It was bright, and beautiful. But then the cave dwellers, the haters of beauty, cried that they did not want to shine like a glorious beacon, and the stewards of our city appeased them. Temp Invulnerability no longer radiated light, Unyielding was dimmed and its spinning wall of light diminished. And thus the world itself was darkened. Bring back those glimmering visions of wonder as options for those powers! I want to sparkle again!

• Like 3

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that when I recently made an invuln brute.  I was thinking to myself, "wasn't the effect much brighter than this on live?"

I don't mind all that much, since it was a bit over the top, but it couldn't hurt to have the option for those who do want it that bright.

Agreed.

My main on Homecoming, the same character that was my main on live, is an Invul/EM Tanker. She's a mutant and member of the Nuclear 90 that can create force fields. Force fields around her fists for EM and around herself. Since EA wasn't available on Tankers I picked Invuln since it looked the part. And then the effects were muted.

I preferred the glowier version.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 9/12/2020 at 4:25 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

She's a mutant and member of the Nuclear 90 that can create force fields.

Y'know, I wonder just how many people made characters and said that. I think we'd have more than 90. 😉

But yes. More options!

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

yeah I'm all for more options but would love to see an option to turn all of this stuff off too.  visual spam is getting way overboard.  has been since powerset customization.  most of the time I can't see what's going on in trials because of all the spam.  But yeah, bring this back for those who want it. 

• Like 1