Change EBs to AVs in Dark Astoria story arcs

Uun

In a number of the Dark Astoria story arcs, you fight one or more signature villains. In quite a few of these, the villain spawns as an elite boss regardless of team size or notoriety settings. For example, the Sentinel of Mot spawns as an elite boss in the last mission of Mu Vorkan's arc, and Blue Steel, Reichsman, Requiem and Black Scorpion all spawn as elite bosses in Max's arc. These missions are already too easy for level-shifted incarnates, even at +4/x8. As most if not all of these villains exist as AVs elsewhere in the game, would it be possible for them to spawn as AVs in the Dark Astoria arcs (subject to team size and notoriety settings)? An elite boss really isn't a challenge for a  team of 8.

• Like 3

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

4 hours ago, Uun said:

In a number of the Dark Astoria story arcs, you fight one or more signature villains. In quite a few of these, the villain spawns as an elite boss regardless of team size or notoriety settings. For example, the Sentinel of Mot spawns as an elite boss in the last mission of Mu Vorkan's arc, and Blue Steel, Reichsman, Requiem and Black Scorpion all spawn as elite bosses in Max's arc. These missions are already too easy for level-shifted incarnates, even at +4/x8. As most if not all of these villains exist as AVs elsewhere in the game, would it be possible for them to spawn as AVs in the Dark Astoria arcs (subject to team size and notoriety settings)? An elite boss really isn't a challenge for a  team of 8.

Unlike the others I think Black Scorpion might actually spawn as an AV in DA(i might be wrong)

I disagree with the suggestion

Not all arch types are as gifted to deal with mobs, and some are seriously handicapped when soloing. I support a choice system, which is already in place such as +4/8 if you want the AV so bad, or go -1/1 if you would rather have an EB instead. In many TFs you get no choice, it is going to be an AV, I really wish the option in a single person TF the end be an EB was possible consistently.

Sue

Ps: When making suggestions such as this, it would be wise to consider other arch types with good general purpose builds and not those custom made to be AV hunters.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MsSmart said:

I disagree with the suggestion

Not all arch types are as gifted to deal with mobs, and some are seriously handicapped when soloing. I support a choice system, which is already in place such as +4/8 if you want the AV so bad, or go -1/1 if you would rather have an EB instead. In many TFs you get no choice, it is going to be an AV, I really wish the option in a single person TF the end be an EB was possible consistently.

Sue

Ps: When making suggestions such as this, it would be wise to consider other arch types with good general purpose builds and not those custom made to be AV hunters.

Ironically then, you agree with the suggestion.

The problem is that even if it's an 8-person team set to +4 with "Spawn EBs as AVs" turned on, the boss still spawns as an Elite Boss with no way to make it spawn as an AV. So if everyone on the team is a +3 Incarnate the team gets a +1 EB, which is a total letdown when you're psyched up to fight the Sentinel of Mot at the end of an arc. The request is to let those spawn as AVs when the difficulty setting requests it.

And the difficulty settings allow non-AV hunters to spawn EBs instead of AVs, and to drop the difficulty level for fragile archtypes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vanden said:

Dark Astoria was, from its conception, supposed to be a solo path for building incarnates. Putting a bunch of AVs in there undercuts that.

I'm not suggesting mandatory AVs. I just want it to work like the Maria Jenkins arc, where your notoriety settings and team size determine whether you get an EB or AV.

14 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

You can do some of them as AVs. I know for a fact that BS can be upgraded to an AV. Not sure about Recihs, Requiem or the Sentinel.

I'll take your word for it on Black Scorpion. I just ran the mission with the Sentinel and it spawned as an EB on a team of 8 set to +4.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 11/1/2020 at 12:56 AM, Indystruck said:

That's why there's difficulty options that turn them into EBs.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:58 AM, Uun said:

I'm not suggesting mandatory AVs. I just want it to work like the Maria Jenkins arc, where your notoriety settings and team size determine whether you get an EB or AV.

Downgrading an AV to an EB doesn't remove the purple triangles buff, so they still remain nigh-impossible to mez most of the time and they resist debuffs almost to nothing, which is a major hindrance to any debuff- or control- dependent characters trying to solo them.

• Like 3

Not against the idea, but I think lore wise they were actually meant to be closer to Elite Bosses. The implication I saw was that you were at or surpassed the level of most of the signature's, and so they weren't unreachable "Arch-Villains" or "Hero's" in your eyes, but equals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monos King said:

Not against the idea, but I think lore wise they were actually meant to be closer to Elite Bosses. The implication I saw was that you were at or surpassed the level of most of the signature's, and so they weren't unreachable "Arch-Villains" or "Hero's" in your eyes, but equals.

That makes sense, but many of them do appear as AVs in the incarnate trials/TFs.

1 minute ago, Uun said:

That makes sense, but many of them do appear as AVs in the incarnate trials/TFs.

The praetorian ones are just supercharged epics so it makes sense for them, but I think the others appear as AVs just because they have to to avoid being murdered instantly. I can't recall of they were true AVs (actually have AV stats and aren't just labelled that way) but I do know in ones like DD the Signatures were AVs because you fight them later and they are empowered by Mot queen Diabolique. 

1 hour ago, golstat2003 said:

It should be the opposite way. If you want AVs turn UP the difficulty. It was meant as a solo path. Which is why they start as EBs.

This is needless semantics. There's an option for it existing in the UI, regardless of if you want to put it as "turning up" or "turning down".

• Like 1

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

6 hours ago, Indystruck said:

This is needless semantics. There's an option for it existing in the UI, regardless of if you want to put it as "turning up" or "turning down".

Correct, and if you want AVs turn it up. No change needed besides putting in AV versions for those that don't have them.

They should remain as EBs on base difficulty and below. This is meant as the SOLO path.

Edited by golstat2003

30 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

Correct, and if you want AVs turn it up. No change needed besides putting in AV versions for those that don't have them.

They should remain as EBs on base difficulty and below. This is meant as the SOLO path.

On 10/31/2020 at 1:13 PM, Uun said:

• Like 1

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting