SG Base passcode

Snarky

How do you set an SG base passcode.

I have asked this numerous times in game and the results have never helped me.

I have an SG.  It does not have a code 

Where do I go or how do i set up the 4 digit passcode for the base?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Vanden said:

/sg_passcode <password>

The number will automatically be added to the password you set, and the client will tell you the full passcode on the green System chat channel.

write that number down! it will never be recalled after that!

4 minutes ago, bodenee said:

write that number down! it will never be recalled after that!

When I answer in game, I generally suggest people (a) email it to themselves and (b) put it in the SG MOTD. One means you have it, the other means anyone in the SG can see it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Worked like a charm.  Well, it's me so I worried it like a puppy with a sock.

What I discovered.  /sg_passcode <password>    

The <password> is not really a password as much as a label

If you put in the command a second time with a different label you will get a new system message.

/sg_passcode Label1.   system responds Your supergroup base access passcode is now LABEL1-12345

hmmm.  I didnt want Label1.   /sg_passcode Label2  system responds Your supergroup base pasecode is now LABEL2-12345

The 12345 is locked but the label is changeable, and outputs a new system message.   - handy if you did not write it down.

29 minutes ago, Snarky said:

The 12345 is locked but the label is changeable, and outputs a new system message.   - handy if you did not write it down.

I can't say for certain, but I believe that this number is the record number of your SG in the server's SG list, so if you set your passcode to "PASSCODE" and get "PASSCODE-12345" back, your SG was the 12345th SG created on that server; this allows the server to distinguish your SG's passcode from any other SG's passcode using the same string.

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I can't say for certain, but I believe that this number is the record number of your SG in the server's SG list, so if you set your passcode to "PASSCODE" and get "PASSCODE-12345" back, your SG was the 12345th SG created on that server; this allows the server to distinguish your SG's passcode from any other SG's passcode using the same string.

Interesting.  I was wondering why all the public bases I saw had 4 digits but my base only had 3.  That might explain it.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

It is true - your trailing numbers do indicate the order in which your sg was registered. Mine primary base is 233 on Excelsior. On Torch, it's 1019. The base I made a month ago for a challenge group was 14123,

That's a lot of supergroup bases! 

• 1 month later
14 hours ago, bodenee said:

lol.... prolly all one man SGs...

if you want to play in a giant online "community" i am sure you can find a world of warcrap out there.

i have a one man SG so i can easily access enhancers on the different builds i experiment with.  

Since the PUG groups on Excelsior are outstandingly good i really do not find the need to hover in an SG chat room or even use private channels.  i just log on, look at LFG and join a great team rocking through content