New Energy Melee - Thoughts?

Troo

Hopefully folks are giving Energy Melee a try on more than just Scrappers. Tanks should be interesting with the additional AoE. Stalkers and Brutes are going to do what they do best.

We got to hear from many in the beta (repeatedly). I'll be curious to see what some new voices have to say.

• Total Focus got a nice boost with a reduced animation time. (3.3 seconds to 2.53 seconds)
  • Whirling Hands got a damage boost. (scale 1 to scale 1.1819)
  • Power Crash replaces Stun. (new cone/quai aoe attack)
  • New feature Energy Focus. (trigger/spender with 3 options)  
    •  While not the biggest fan of the new combo mechanic it does provide access to the new fast Energy Transfer and a target increase to the new cone attack. (I'll only be using it for one thing) 
    • Provides a vehicle to sort of change between AoE and single target focus.   
  •  Personally would have preferred not revamping the original set.     
    •  (preferring instead a version we never got to see: returning to the version with fast Energy Transfer + Whirling Hand dam boost & faster Total Focus with the old mag 4 stun (beastly))    
  • An Earlier version of the combo did really use of Bone Smasher. (This was fixed, and gave Barrage a little mid levels boost)  
  • Energy Transfer had it's recharge cut in half.
  • Reordering of powers & power swaps blew up a couple of my builds.

Since the other Energy Melee thread Energy Melee - Does not need is still locked, I'll be making comments here as I level up some new characters and continue with some old favorites.

Pom Poms of Doom FTW

---------------------------  --  ---------------

Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 - Out Now!

---------------  --  ---------------------------

PowerPunch_EnergyPunch.png.44e985fa5f4304be9efb9290b00df6c3.png Energy Melee

• Stun has been replaced by Power Crash, a new cone attack
  • Total Focus now grants the Energy Focus buff, which allows you to cast an empowered version of Energy Transfer, Power Crash or Barrage
    • Energy Transfer: Significantly reduces the cast time
    • Power Crash: Doubles the maximum targets
    • Barrage: Has a 100%% chance to stun and applies a -special and -regeneration debuff to the target
  • Energy Punch and Whirling hands have had their damage increased
  • Total Focus and Bone Smasher have had their cast times reduced
  • Energy Melee has also been proliferated to Scrappers

Full excerpt from the patch notes:

Hide contents

Powerset Revamp: Energy Melee

Energy Melee has received a series of changes aimed at improving the performance of the set. Total Focus now acts as an opener for three different Energy Focus combos, including a Total Focus > Energy Transfer combo which provides fast, potent single target damage. Stun has been reworked into Power Crash, a cone attack, in order to provide a small amount of additional AoE capability to the set.

Power Changes

• PowerPunch_Quick.png.0b2c404e5c8c09c113c0e5e82582ccd1.png Barrage
    • If used with Energy Focus: 100% chance for stun and applies a weakening (-special and -regen) effect to the target
  • PowerPunch_EnergyPunch.png.44e985fa5f4304be9efb9290b00df6c3.png Energy Punch
    • Recharge increased from 4s to 5s
    • End cost increased from 5.2 to 6.032
    • Damage increased from scale 1 to scale 1.16
  • PowerPunch_BoneSmasher.png.4b5b0ff79881fce43094691d2d0bebf6.png Bone Smasher
    • Cast time reduced from 1.5s to 1.27s
  • PowerPunch_PowerCrash.png.a4d5d6bb685de2aa8ffb1941928fdd09.png Power Crash (Replaces Stun)
    • Power Crash is now a minor cone that can hit up to 5 targets (10 for Tankers)
    • No longer takes melee damage sets, now takes PBAoE damage sets (any existing enhancements will remain slotted until the character respecs)
    • If used with Energy Focus: Target cap increased to 10 targets (16 for Tankers)
    • If you previously had Stun in your build, you'll now have Power Crash
    • Stalkers only:
      • This power has a 16s recharge (instead of a 9s recharge for other ATs), with proportional damage and endurance cost increases per the standard damage formulas
      • As Stalkers do not have Whirling Hands, they rely entirely on Power Crash for AoE damage
  • PowerPunch_Flurry.png.0266af4c305c8b2d37103a3ad915e3d2.png Whirling Hands
    •  Damage increased from scale 1 to scale 1.1819 (it was slightly below what the damage formula dictated)
  • PowerPunch_TotalFocus.png.e155c20e6f19deb0c692462ed94e6020.png Total Focus 
    • Cast time reduced from 3.3 seconds to 2.53 seconds
    • Total Focus grants a charge of Energy Focus (even if power misses)
    • PowerPunch_EnergyStore1.png.1f177d3e036104c9808cfef4e83867db.png Energy Focus
      • Energy Focus is consumed when casting certain Energy Melee powers in order to provide bonus effects (Energy Focus is not consumed if the power misses)
      • Energy Focus expires after 15 seconds
    • Stalkers / Scrappers only:
      • This power only crits for 28% additional damage, but when it crits, it will also generate a backup Energy Store that will re-activate Energy Focus after the current Energy Focus is used or expires (essentially it provides two stacks of Energy Focus)
  • PowerPunch_EnergyTransfer.png.28fb635ca16499cd48a65ad885598dde.png Energy Transfer
    • Energy Transfer self damage is now 10% of base max HP for all ATs, and no longer costs any endurance
    • Damage is now 100% energy
    • Recharge lowered from 20s to 10s
    • If used with Energy Focus: Cast time reduced from 2.67s to 1.0s
      • This power only crits for 28% additional damage, but when it crits, it will not only avoid the self-damage, it will actually heal you for 10% of your base max HP

Stalker Power Order Changes

Reveal hidden contents

Tanker Power Order Changes

Reveal hidden contents

Other Changes

• The stun chance for Energy Punch, Barrage and Bone Smasher for Stalkers was lower than the Tanker and Brute versions - this has now been corrected
  • The AE version of this powerset has been updated with missing powers and to match current power effects

Powerset Proliferation: Energy Melee for Scrappers

Energy Melee has been proliferated to Scrappers, with all the changes mentioned above.

Power Order

1. PowerPunch_EnergyPunch.png.44e985fa5f4304be9efb9290b00df6c3.png Energy Punch
  2. PowerPunch_Quick.png.0b2c404e5c8c09c113c0e5e82582ccd1.png Barrage
  3. PowerPunch_BoneSmasher.png.4b5b0ff79881fce43094691d2d0bebf6.png Bone Smasher
  4. PowerPunch_BuildUp.png.d545160103b98782e3803d7bbbdf5f6c.png Build Up
  5. PowerPunch_PowerCrash.png.a4d5d6bb685de2aa8ffb1941928fdd09.png Power Crash
  6. PowerPunch_Taunt.png.c1f6a4133067d367c6eb7b053278543b.png Confront
  7. PowerPunch_Flurry.png.0266af4c305c8b2d37103a3ad915e3d2.png Whirling Hands
  8. PowerPunch_TotalFocus.png.e155c20e6f19deb0c692462ed94e6020.png Total Focus
  9. PowerPunch_EnergyTransfer.png.28fb635ca16499cd48a65ad885598dde.png Energy Transfer

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

6 hours ago, Troo said:

Full excerpt from the patch notes:

Reveal hidden contents

Powerset Revamp: Energy Melee

Energy Melee has received a series of changes aimed at improving the performance of the set. Total Focus now acts as an opener for three different Energy Focus combos, including a Total Focus > Energy Transfer combo which provides fast, potent single target damage. Stun has been reworked into Power Crash, a cone attack, in order to provide a small amount of additional AoE capability to the set.

Power Changes

• PowerPunch_Quick.png.0b2c404e5c8c09c113c0e5e82582ccd1.png Barrage
    • If used with Energy Focus: 100% chance for stun and applies a weakening (-special and -regen) effect to the target
  • PowerPunch_EnergyPunch.png.44e985fa5f4304be9efb9290b00df6c3.png Energy Punch
    • Recharge increased from 4s to 5s
    • End cost increased from 5.2 to 6.032
    • Damage increased from scale 1 to scale 1.16
  • PowerPunch_BoneSmasher.png.4b5b0ff79881fce43094691d2d0bebf6.png Bone Smasher
    • Cast time reduced from 1.5s to 1.27s
  • PowerPunch_PowerCrash.png.a4d5d6bb685de2aa8ffb1941928fdd09.png Power Crash (Replaces Stun)
    • Power Crash is now a minor cone that can hit up to 5 targets (10 for Tankers)
    • No longer takes melee damage sets, now takes PBAoE damage sets (any existing enhancements will remain slotted until the character respecs)
    • If used with Energy Focus: Target cap increased to 10 targets (16 for Tankers)
    • If you previously had Stun in your build, you'll now have Power Crash
    • Stalkers only:
      • This power has a 16s recharge (instead of a 9s recharge for other ATs), with proportional damage and endurance cost increases per the standard damage formulas
      • As Stalkers do not have Whirling Hands, they rely entirely on Power Crash for AoE damage
  • PowerPunch_Flurry.png.0266af4c305c8b2d37103a3ad915e3d2.png Whirling Hands
    •  Damage increased from scale 1 to scale 1.1819 (it was slightly below what the damage formula dictated)
  • PowerPunch_TotalFocus.png.e155c20e6f19deb0c692462ed94e6020.png Total Focus 
    • Cast time reduced from 3.3 seconds to 2.53 seconds
    • Total Focus grants a charge of Energy Focus (even if power misses)
    • PowerPunch_EnergyStore1.png.1f177d3e036104c9808cfef4e83867db.png Energy Focus
      • Energy Focus is consumed when casting certain Energy Melee powers in order to provide bonus effects (Energy Focus is not consumed if the power misses)
      • Energy Focus expires after 15 seconds
      • This power only crits for 28% additional damage, but when it crits, it will also generate a backup Energy Store that will re-activate Energy Focus after the current Energy Focus is used or expires (essentially it provides two stacks of Energy Focus)
  • PowerPunch_EnergyTransfer.png.28fb635ca16499cd48a65ad885598dde.png Energy Transfer
    • Energy Transfer self damage is now 10% of base max HP for all ATs, and no longer costs any endurance
    • Damage is now 100% energy
    • Recharge lowered from 20s to 10s
    • If used with Energy Focus: Cast time reduced from 2.67s to 1.0s
      • This power only crits for 28% additional damage, but when it crits, it will not only avoid the self-damage, it will actually heal you for 10% of your base max HP

Stalker Power Order Changes

Reveal hidden contents

Tanker Power Order Changes

Reveal hidden contents

Other Changes

• The stun chance for Energy Punch, Barrage and Bone Smasher for Stalkers was lower than the Tanker and Brute versions - this has now been corrected
  • The AE version of this powerset has been updated with missing powers and to match current power effects

Powerset Proliferation: Energy Melee for Scrappers

Energy Melee has been proliferated to Scrappers, with all the changes mentioned above.

Power Order

1. PowerPunch_EnergyPunch.png.44e985fa5f4304be9efb9290b00df6c3.png Energy Punch
  2. PowerPunch_Quick.png.0b2c404e5c8c09c113c0e5e82582ccd1.png Barrage
  3. PowerPunch_BoneSmasher.png.4b5b0ff79881fce43094691d2d0bebf6.png Bone Smasher
  4. PowerPunch_BuildUp.png.d545160103b98782e3803d7bbbdf5f6c.png Build Up
  5. PowerPunch_PowerCrash.png.a4d5d6bb685de2aa8ffb1941928fdd09.png Power Crash
  6. PowerPunch_Taunt.png.c1f6a4133067d367c6eb7b053278543b.png Confront
  7. PowerPunch_Flurry.png.0266af4c305c8b2d37103a3ad915e3d2.png Whirling Hands
  8. PowerPunch_TotalFocus.png.e155c20e6f19deb0c692462ed94e6020.png Total Focus
  9. PowerPunch_EnergyTransfer.png.28fb635ca16499cd48a65ad885598dde.png Energy Transfer

If it is FULL it isn't an EXCERPT and if its an EXCERPT it isn't FULL.

😕

Excerpt is a funny sounding word, especially if you say it a lot of times in a row.

*runs away fastly*

But wait!  Nerf regen.

*runs away some more*

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You judge Jimmy's writing harshly. (haha hehe)

'Nerf regen' that's just mean.

• Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

It's not quite what I wanted but it's generally pretty neat and still gives an excuse to take every power in the set (something that more sets should aspire to).  I've done some missions with my Energy/Dark Brute and it's done well enough.  The Energy Foci generally don't make too terribly much different in my experience, but honestly, it was probably by intention that they not do much anyway.

• Like 1

Thoughts? Overpowered. I thought so in build 1, then they went and buffed it further in the next builds. 😄

It's not only the stellar DPS. It's the DPE!! Energy Transfer costing 0 endurance makes Energy Melee THE top tier melee powerset to be economical.

And, with ET crits healing you rather than damaging you, you don't really need to pay a price for it either. Both Scrappers and Stalkers have enough controllable crits to at least break even on the +/- HP.

Needless to say, I will enjoy the heck out of EM these next months.

37 minutes ago, nihilii said:

Thoughts? Overpowered. I thought so in build 1, then they went and buffed it further in the next builds. 😄

It's not only the stellar DPS. It's the DPE!! Energy Transfer costing 0 endurance makes Energy Melee THE top tier melee powerset to be economical.

And, with ET crits healing you rather than damaging you, you don't really need to pay a price for it either. Both Scrappers and Stalkers have enough controllable crits to at least break even on the +/- HP.

Needless to say, I will enjoy the heck out of EM these next months.

I hardly feel that it is the best. Best at nothing IMO. Psi Melee still does top Single Target DPS (I think that the lame animations throws people off from playing that set more often with the exception of the Assassin's Strike for Stalkers, the Cone and the Tier 9), Spines still does top AoE DPS. Energy Melee went from being one of the worst powersets in game to being competitive with other sets. I PUG constantly and honestly I rarely see anyone playing EM these past few days. The first day or two everybody was playing Energy Melee, that has died off very fast from my experience, it didn't even trickle off, it straight up dropped off. I think the only people who will be playing them are the same people who already played the set...the die hard EM fans like myself. The set has finally been given the long over due love it should have gotten over 10 years ago. However, it is far from the best at anything.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Back to the OP, I think the only real legitimate complaint comes from Dominators in how the changes interfere with a mechanic that is specific to them. I think that should be looked in to and corrected if at all possible.

2 hours ago, Solarverse said:

The first day or two everybody was playing Energy Melee, that has died off very fast from my experience, it didn't even trickle off, it straight up dropped off.

I had a feeling about the lower levels.

(Maybe Brutes being the exception as the one that gets Total Focus early)

3 hours ago, nihilii said:

Overpowered. I thought so in build 1, then they went and buffed it further in the next builds.

This was how it felt on a top tier build.

1 hour ago, Troo said:

I had a feeling about the lower levels.

(Maybe Brutes being the exception as the one that gets Total Focus early)

This was how it felt on a top tier build.

If y'all want it nerfed, go for it. In fact I say we nerf the whole damn game. I don't think it's any big secret that I feel this game has been dumbied down to the point that it's nothing more than a pre-school playground these days. So go right on ahead. However, before you do, I want to see Psi Melee, Spines, Super Strength, Rad Melee, Elec Melee (the AoE is just plain stupid high damage) and Titan Weapons get the proper nerfs they should get, since the nerf we seen Titan Weapons get was a small little slap on the wrist.

I am being absolutely serious. If we want to nerf Energy Melee, then let's be completely fair and nerf all those other power sets that are either on par or way better than Energy Melee first. Then you will have my full support. Until then, all of those powers that are performing extremely well should see the nerf bat if we are going to gnit pick EM.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

If y'all want it nerfed, go for it.

Nobody wants anything nerfed (except Regen).

But I will say, personally, I always see immediate defensive walls of texts in answer to random players expressing mere opinions to be strong confirmation a set might in fact be overpowered. 😛

Because think about it logically, if I said "MA is overpowered" you'd never think to immediately man the warships and send the army to defend the balancedness of MA in front of the public eye. Everyone knows MA is as far from being overpowered as possible. You might chuckle at me saying MA is overpowered, but you wouldn't feel threatened.

...but I will chuckle at Psi Melee beating anyone for DPS. Poor Psi Melee. Don't stare at Mids numbers too much to get an impression of ingame performance: Mids numbers for Psi Melee include Insight (the Psi Melee gimmick, which is like a crit in that it happens only once before a lockout). In practice, Psi is a bottom tier powerset and I'm confident it will be buffed, not nerfed, sooner or later.

Edited by nihilii
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, nihilii said:

Nobody wants anything nerfed (except Regen).

😆

But I will say, personally, I always see immediate defensive walls of texts in answer to random players expressing mere opinions to be strong confirmation a set might in fact be overpowered. 😛

My defensiveness to it is that the change was literally just made. It has not even had the chance to flesh out yet and people are already claiming that it is over powered. It sure doesn't feel that way on my Tank. It feels like it did before the nerf to ET, with an extra cone power...whoopty f***ing doo!!! And come on...the gripe about ET costing no endurance? Really? It costs me a hell of a lot more than endurance, it's costing me 10% Health and it's up often enough that the 10% Health cost is felt...even on my WP/EM Tank.

I simply don't see the legitimacy of the complaint. And seriously, are we complaining about the set behind a Brute? Name one set that is not over powered behind a Brute? Brutes are OP, not the sets they carry. So yeah, that got me a bit defensive of the set.

Because think about it logically, if I said "MA is overpowered" you'd never think to immediately man the warships and send the army to defend the balancedness of MA in front of the public eye. Everyone knows MA is as far from being overpowered as possible. You might chuckle at me saying MA is overpowered, but you wouldn't feel threatened.

Nobody is complaining about MA though. I'll bet you anything that if I started making posts on these forums complaining about MA being over powered (which I can promise yuo that I can put up a strong argument about...that +Defense to Melee is fricken insane OP...just sayin), people would most certainly come to MA's rescue.

...but I will chuckle at Psi Melee beating anyone for DPS. Poor Psi Melee. Don't stare at Mids numbers too much to get an impression of ingame performance: Mids numbers for Psi Melee include Insight (the Psi Melee gimmick, which is like a crit in that it happens only once before a lockout). In practice, Psi is a bottom tier powerset and I'm confident it will be buffed, not nerfed, sooner or later.

You don't PvP, do you? Psi Melee is insanely OP, man. It has the absolute best Single Target Burst Damage in game...it's mind blowing what that set is capable of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

the gripe

the complaint

are we complaining

I think you see intent and emotions that aren't there. I think it's overpowered, and I LOVE it. As said in my previous post, I plan to enjoy many, many hours playing EM in the next months.

You don't PvP, do you?

You're right. Everything I say will always be about PvE. DPS/DPE are irrelevant metrics in PvP.

Edited by nihilii

24 minutes ago, nihilii said:

I think you see intent and emotions that aren't there. I think it's overpowered, and I LOVE it. As said in my previous post, I plan to enjoy many, many hours playing EM in the next months.

All good, just saying what I have read lately in general, not what you specifically said, so it's all good.

Oh...and y u b may king fun o' me???   😞

You're right. Everything I say will always be about PvE. DPS/DPE are irrelevant metrics in PvP.

I just put together a Psi Melee Stalker for PvE because I honestly can't imagine it being so horrible in PvE. So I'll get back to you on that.

Edited by Solarverse

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I just put together a Psi Melee Stalker for PvE because I honestly can't imagine it being so horrible in PvE. So I'll get back to you on that.

It's a good set for PvE, but not a standout compared to other Stalker primaries. Definitely not "horrible," at least for Stalkers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a retired Invuln/EM Tank who got pulled out to test the changes. He was mostly retired even before the Tanker changes, so I'm not exactly qualified to discuss the singularity of the EM-only changes but here goes.

Prior to i27, he long ago gave up on Stun after an i-27 respec I chose to not take Power Crash. I wanted to preserve as much as the original feeling of the Energy Melee set as I could: for me this meant focus on single-target with only a single AoE. The only part of the new cone that appeals to me would be the ability to quickly steal aggro (geographically) without having to necessarily target any individual enemy. My tank has very little issue with grabbing and keeping aggro, but if you are going to be good at something you might as well be very good at that thing.

I hadn't realized the Damage scale boost to Whirling Hands, so as part of the respec I opted to make it a 5x %damage proc power (because of the Targets increase from the previous Tanker patch). Now that I see the 18% damage boost, I will likely try it as a 4x %damage proc power and add in a boosted +Damage piece (or adjust a slotted IO for set bonuses).

I've played some incarnate content (even level, plus street sweeping) and joined some lower level teams. I want to take him deep into the Shadow Shard to see how it performs. It definitely is faster, but on fast teams my big attacks are still on the slow side. I won't think of this as a 'fixed' Energy Melee set, but as a completely different EM set. As such, it appears to be better performing than the end-of-live EM but it doesn't feel like EM prior to the live nerf.

13 minutes ago, tidge said:

hadn't realized the Damage scale boost to Whirling Hands, so as part of the respec I opted to make it a 5x %damage proc power (because of the Targets increase from the previous Tanker patch). Now that I see the 18% damage boost, I will likely try it as a 4x %damage proc power and add in a boosted +Damage piece (or adjust a slotted IO for set bonuses).

I've played some incarnate content (even level, plus street sweeping) and joined some lower level teams. I want to take him deep into the Shadow Shard to see how it performs. It definitely is faster, but on fast teams my big attacks are still on the slow side. I won't think of this as a 'fixed' Energy Melee set, but as a completely different EM set. As such, it appears to be better performing than the end-of-live EM but it doesn't feel like EM prior to the live nerf.

Whirling Hands can be classified as a bug fix, really: the power was doing too little damage for its recharge and AoE size. Now it follows the design formulas.

As for fast teams, it likely feels slow because fast ET is tied to Total Focus, which, while faster than it used to be, is still a relatively slow attack. But if you don't use Barrage between Total Focus and Energy Transfer (which uses up your charge of Energy Focus and makes ET slow again) you have a little under 15 seconds where you'll get a fast ET so if your target dies during Total Focus, you can still rush to the next spawn and land the fast ET - presumably while dragging any stragglers from the previous spawn. I agree it's not the same feel as old EM, but by the time it hit open beta the fluctuating animation times were locked in whether people wanted them or not, complete with zealots trying to chase off anyone who dared say it wasn't the best thing ever.

20 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Whirling Hands can be classified as a bug fix, really: the power was doing too little damage for its recharge and AoE size. Now it follows the design formulas.

As for fast teams, it likely feels slow because fast ET is tied to Total Focus, which, while faster than it used to be, is still a relatively slow attack. But if you don't use Barrage between Total Focus and Energy Transfer (which uses up your charge of Energy Focus and makes ET slow again) you have a little under 15 seconds where you'll get a fast ET so if your target dies during Total Focus, you can still rush to the next spawn and land the fast ET - presumably while dragging any stragglers from the previous spawn. I agree it's not the same feel as old EM, but by the time it hit open beta the fluctuating animation times were locked in whether people wanted them or not, complete with zealots trying to chase off anyone who dared say it wasn't the best thing ever.

The problem is, everyone wants what they want and they give a damn what anyone else wants. I can't even seem to get anybody to be willing to compromise on any subject on these forums...how do you think the conversations went with ET? Some players did not want the nerfed version, other players ONLY wanted the nerfed version, others ONLY wanted the new version, and then you have me, who was completely happy to compromise and allow all players to have whatever version they wanted. Unless you are talking about something other than animations, I'm not sure how that is such a bad thing?

Oh, and you have not seen chased off until you try and request that this game be made more challenging and rewarding...if you ever try that, you will truly see what being chased off is, lol.

• Like 4

My first Stalker on Live was EM and after the nerfs I stopped playing him.  I created an EM/EA Stalker on HC and have already hit 50 (I was off all week, don't judge me).  I didn't like the focus mechanic on Beta, but have gotten used to it on Live.

I wish the graphics could be minimized.  Coloring the powers black helped.

I still need to work through incarnates as I only have alpha at T1; the rest are still locked.

I played solo, but also did TFs and I now have 3 of the 4 passive accolades.

I got killed early on a few times and wasn't sure if it was because of the -hp attack or because my defense failed.  It happened a couple of times in a row and I didn't think to check the combat logs.

EM/EA pairs very well together.  Power Crash worked better as an AoE than I expected. 

I can one shot 3 baddies by doing AS, then TF, and then ET.  I can move through crowds of bads pretty quickly.  I was thinking it was OP, but then I thought my Savage/SR can do the same thing using more AoE.

Using the BU-AS-TF-ET combo on hard targets is pretty good.

All in all it was a good experience, but I don't see it as much different than other Stalkers I have played.  I'll play out the passives and the the incarnates and then it will probably get shelved.

Still looking for the one character that will hold my attention through 100 vet levels.  Haven't found it yet.

@Solarverse- I'm not going to try to rehash it or call out specific people in an attempt to not derail this thread even further, but several people in the "focused feedback" thread actively argued against any feedback that they personally didn't like, up to and including personal insults (most of which were purged), on both sides; it was also made abundantly clear that full-time fast ET was a non-starter long before most people were actually able to provide feedback on the changes (even while threads in suggestions and feedback were requesting exactly that).

I'm not saying that the new EM is bad - I'm just saying that what's there is already a compromise that doesn't offer all of the things that people liked about the old version (and does offer other things that weren't present before), in response to someone else saying that it doesn't feel the same - a statement I agree with.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, siolfir said:

@Solarverse- I'm not going to try to rehash it or call out specific people in an attempt to not derail this thread even further, but several people in the "focused feedback" thread actively argued against any feedback that they personally didn't like, up to and including personal insults (most of which were purged), on both sides; it was also made abundantly clear that full-time fast ET was a non-starter long before most people were actually able to provide feedback on the changes (even while threads in suggestions and feedback were requesting exactly that).

I'm not saying that the new EM is bad - I'm just saying that what's there is already a compromise that doesn't offer all of the things that people liked about the old version (and does offer other things that weren't present before), in response to someone else saying that it doesn't feel the same - a statement I agree with.

Gotcha. Appreciate the clarification.  🙂

Let's not forget, in the mission clearing test, the set ranked a D+ 😛

I mained WP/EM back in Paragon Studios until the nerf happened.  Wasn't the same.  And no matter how much I loved those pink pom poms of doom, was so slow, it was just meh.

Loving it now!  I'm sure I'd love it on a Tanker, if I didn't prefer Scrappers.  Got the port we should've gotten back when Paragon Studios was around.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Solarverse said:

If y'all want it nerfed, go for it. In fact I say we nerf the whole damn game. I don't think it's any big secret that I feel this game has been dumbied down to the point that it's nothing more than a pre-school playground these days. So go right on ahead. However, before you do, I want to see Psi Melee, Spines, Super Strength, Rad Melee, Elec Melee (the AoE is just plain stupid high damage) and Titan Weapons get the proper nerfs they should get, since the nerf we seen Titan Weapons get was a small little slap on the wrist.

I am being absolutely serious. If we want to nerf Energy Melee, then let's be completely fair and nerf all those other power sets that are either on par or way better than Energy Melee first. Then you will have my full support. Until then, all of those powers that are performing extremely well should see the nerf bat if we are going to gnit pick EM.

Hold on there spark plug. I would actually propose lifting the lower end. But how to do it with out impacting the top end?

Uber builds do feel over tuned which is more on procs and incarnates than the set itself.