Poll: Which version of View Totals do you want?

Bopper

Which Version of "View Totals" do you want?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the old format (0% default, +Added Buff only) or the new format (100% default, Total Buff only)?

• Old Format (0% default)
    • New Format (100% Base included)

In previous versions of Mids, we showed Haste: and Damage: as a default of 0% and only your Recharge/Damage Buffs would move it up or down (in an empty build, if Hasten was the only power active, you would see +70% Haste).

In the newest version of Mids (v3.x), we show the base value as the default (100%) and any added buffs would be added to it. This makes the graph show the total buff instead of the added buff. So an empty build, if Hasten was the only power active, you would see 170% Haste.

My question to you is, which do you prefer? Old or New?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• Bopper pinned this topic

I'm not sure what the visual of that is like, but something like a bar graph where the baseline bar is there and anything added extends the bar in a different shade/color. I kinda think that's the old way, but I've not messed with it in a while.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

28 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

I'm not sure what the visual of that is like, but something like a bar graph where the baseline bar is there and anything added extends the bar in a different shade/color. I kinda think that's the old way, but I've not messed with it in a while.

Good question, here is how the new (V3.0) Graph looks like. Give me some time and I'll update this with the old one when I can find an old copy of Mids

image.png.5ec4d0fd7bef4150fede86071a8dddc3.png

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

And here is the old version. Keep in mind, the new graphics won't change, just how we represent Haste and Damage. Now that I look at it, it looks like the old graphics did include the Base amount for Haste and Damage, but we just showed the +Buff%

image.png.ffbf3bab28bc6fe6545f0f623dfe8fca.png

• Like 1

The hover over is a nice touch. At a glance though, a marker would be cool to have. Something that marks either the default or what 100% would be.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 hour ago, WanderingAries said:

The hover over is a nice touch. At a glance though, a marker would be cool to have. Something that marks either the default or what 100% would be.

We actually are marking it in the graph. You'll notice in the Damage example (145%), there is a darker shade for where 100% is, and everything after that is the extra 45%. I didn't slot any Recharge bonuses before making the screenshot, but if I had, you'd see the color change on that as well.

• 2 weeks later

This may not be to place to ask this but...

I like the size of the old totals window.  After thinking about it, that may be the main reason I voted for the old window.  If you decide to keep the new format, would it be possible to make the window more similar in size to the old totals window?  Or, I could just get used to it lol!

(Sheesh I feel awful asking for anything with as much work as you all have put in - and a HUGE thanks for all that work too btw!)

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

• 2 weeks later
On 1/14/2021 at 10:34 PM, KauaiJim said:

This may not be to place to ask this but...

I like the size of the old totals window.  After thinking about it, that may be the main reason I voted for the old window.  If you decide to keep the new format, would it be possible to make the window more similar in size to the old totals window?  Or, I could just get used to it lol!

(Sheesh I feel awful asking for anything with as much work as you all have put in - and a HUGE thanks for all that work too btw!)

Don't feel awful about asking for things. 🙂 
We usually try to accommodate most requests within reason.

Come hang out with us on Discord.

I saw this a few days ago btw, the latest release 3.0.3.1 now has the option to use the old totals window in the configuration options. You're welcome 😁

Edited by crytilis
  • Like 2

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

Thank you!  Yep - already updated to the latest and I love it!  Works perfectly.  I'm just really used to the old window while I'm working on a build.  The new window is great too but I'm so familiar with the old window it's just easier for me to spot what I need to work on.  I'm so used to the old size/look and often I have multiple builds open and the smaller totals window works better for me in the situation where I'm trying to compare things and screen real estate is limited. 

I've had my own TeamSpeak, Ventrilo and Mumble servers in the past but I never really got into the whole Discord thing (yet).  I have it but just haven't bothered to start learning/using it.  If I can ever get into the whole Discord thing I would love to hang out.  Thank you for the invite!

And again a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone working on Mids'.  This may seem odd but part of the CoX experience that I enjoy is using Mids'.  It wouldn't be quite the same without it (to me).

• Like 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

• 3 weeks later

For me, the 100% base is "noise". It doesn't provide information about what my build choices are adding. By which I mean, that 100% can be assumed, and to understand what my build / powers add to the effect / attribute, I need to mentally subtract that 100% if it's displayed. That's why I prefer to see the "base" as +0% and effects the modify the base as their "delta" value.

• Like 4

• 3 months later
  • Bopper unpinned this topic