Nuzlock challenge CoX style

klulka1

Nope... mainly because the whole game lore contradicts the "dead" thing.

The lore is that you are equipped with a medi-porter as part of becoming a registered hero/get on the radar of Project Destiny. It's basically a medical monitor and teleporter that will automatically recall you to a hospital if your vitals are too close to death where supertech med bays heal you in pretty short order.

Also, comic book lore in general contradicts permanent death for characters... at worst its a time-out/chance for some afterlife R&R until some writer interested in using you again comes up with some plot to bring you back... or, if you're obscure enough, just brings you back with no explanation whatsoever. Some people have died and returned so many times that in-universe its regarded as a joke (its so common for X-Men that when Banshee died his daughter refused to believe it and stated he'd be back sooner or later because that's just how it works for them).

Edited by Chris24601
  • Like 1

I saw it back on Live as "Dead For Real" or DFR. Some players had DFR in their names. It's an interesting way to play but I can't see getting an alt much past the teens.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I have played "hardcore" mode (deleting when dying) in home-based games like Fallout. I wouldn't do it on an online character, though... there are too many outside sources of problems like cats, internet connections, kids, etc, to be willing to delete a character because I was distracted by something else. It does make you play more aware and with more interest in each fight, so I see the point of playing games like that... just not online games.

Or, maybe, playing online with a caveat for internet issues and/or distractions, and not playing if the connection seems laggy or something.

I have a hardcore toon that if she is defeated I reroll her with different powersets or even different AT.  Same name though and I note the incarnation in her bio.  Mostly its a way to play my main toon name from live although I will never redo her live powerset combo lol

• Like 1

This has actually came up before ( Last Summer ).

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

3 hours ago, Luminara said:

When a cat buries its claws in your hand whilst simultaneously nuzzling you.  Nuzlock.

So a cat girl (cat boy?) Claws scrapper?

More seriously I've done this on Live though it was a different SG than the Iron Eagles mentioned above.  You had to leave the SG upon defeat.  Your choice at that point to either delete or just leave and keep playing outside the SG.  Mine, a Traps/Fire got to 20th then whoops over aggro'd and didn't ... withdraw soon enough.  The SG did have several lvl 50's including a few Incarnates (though iirc only the Alpha slot was available the last time I was aware of who got to what).