Sorting out the Teleport Mess (help solicited)

Shenanigunner

Okay. If I'm confused about the excess of teleport powers after I27, I know others are. And if there are any good info pages on them, I can't find them... the patch notes seem outdated and mired in jargon, there are no wiki pages for most of the (new/updated) powers, and questions in Help often get authoritatively wrong answers. So.

Here's what I have:

[DELETED OLD CHART — CURRENT ONE OVER IN GUIDES]

Correct, revise, extend. Ad(thanks)vance.

However...

1. Please only post info you absolutely, positively know to be correct. Don't make the Help mistake of tossing off info you're pretty sure about or used to know or haven't otherwise verified in recent weeks.
  2. I don't care about the history, legacy, useta-be, special case issues like what 'porter turned into which one or what Issue it was changed in. This is meant to be a fresh start for current players, especially new ones who aren't still in deep shock-grief because the universal base transport macro doesn't work any more.

And, answers to the following questions would be helpful:

1. The Pocket D VIP transporter simply no longer exists any more, right? The patch notes list it as a P2W power, but that's obsolete, right? (And yes, I know the LRTP has a PD beacon). Logging out in PD earns nothing but the Clubber badge now?
  2. The auction house transporters are no longer earnable, but you can use up any remaning uses, right?
  3. The base portals summoned by RRP and SGP are (1) persistent after the summoner enters them or leaves, and (2) usable by anyone?
  4. The Monitor Duty and Rapid Response badges/accolades/TP powers/use recharges are completely parallel?
  5. Why do my alts that have not earned the LRTP have "active" zone entries, even when the exploring badge for that zone has not been earned?

Thanks. This will be a guide over in Guides (and on the website) when everything is validated. Done.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I get the Ouroborus portal by simply joining Midnighters club and traveling to Cimerora. You will get the portal as soon as you zone into Cimerora.

Edit to add the portal doesn't vanish when used it stays for 2 minutes.

Edited by SuperPlyx

#5 You do not need all of the exploration badges to get the power only one. Chances are your alts have all of the badges for one zone (granting the base power) and a random exploration badge in other zones (opening those up.)

9 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

I get the Ouroborus portal by simply joining Midnighters club and traveling to Cimerora. You will get the portal as soon as you zone into Cimerora.

Got it, I knew there was a "primary" way to get it. I think most players these days get it by diving through a portal and getting the badge on top of the gnomon.

9 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

Edit to add the portal doesn't vanish when used it stays for 2 minutes.

I'm *pretty sure* it used to vanish if the summoner used it. Also, Info text says 5m; will have to test both.

6 minutes ago, Sakai said:

#5 You do not need all of the exploration badges to get the power only one. Chances are your alts have all of the badges for one zone (granting the base power) and a random exploration badge in other zones (opening those up.)

Thanks for the clarification. I knew I was missing some aspect. Hmm. I also wasted time finding all badges in several zones... 😛

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

New questions:

• Do teammates need to be in the same zone for Assemble the Team? Or will it pull from all zones?
  • Is Team Transporter an "instant" power or do team members have (some) time to move into the 60-foot radius after activation?

Oh, and noting, the (sadly outdated) wiki page says the Ouro portal vanishes after the summoner uses it. Validation of this, and the summoned SG portals, would be appreciated.

29 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

New questions:

• Do teammates need to be in the same zone for Assemble the Team? Or will it pull from all zones?
  • Is Team Transporter an "instant" power or do team members have (some) time to move into the 60-foot radius after activation?

Oh, and noting, the (sadly outdated) wiki page says the Ouro portal vanishes after the summoner uses it. Validation of this, and the summoned SG portals, would be appreciated.

Only teammates in the zone get teleported to you.  And this will prompt the tp prompt if enabled.

Team Transporter gives plenty of time for someone to head over to it.  I've been in another zone and managed to come back and use the TT

Oro portal does stick around after the summoner uses it.   I've used it by putting an oro portal down, transporting to oro, logging out, and logging in a low level char without it that was in the area of the oro portal placement and being able to use it.

Okay, thanks, all. Between these answers and an hour of messing around online (albeit solo, so team stuff was hard to test) I think I've got it all corrected.

To no surprise, much of the Info text is wrong, and the patch notes seem to have been completely obsoleted. (The two SG portal summons have a 2m duration, not 90 seconds, for example.)

Confirmation that the PD teleporter is gone, gone, gone and that the auction house badges can no longer be earned would be appreciated, but they aren't in the chart, so that info can be corrected later.

The Team Teleporter takes a handful of seconds to activate, then it pulses at regular intervals over the duration of the power to pickup people that arrive at the location "late". It also is synchronized to the current active mission, so if the team leader changes the active mission (or the Task/Strike Force mission sequence updates), confirming the teleport will send you to the new location. 

I have thrown down an Ouro portal inside my SG base, then swapped characters, entered the base and tried to click on the portal but it responded as "inactive". So sharing Ouro portals between your characters might not be universally flexible.  

36 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Confirmation that the PD teleporter is gone, gone, gone and that the auction house badges can no longer be earned would be appreciated, but they aren't in the chart, so that info can be corrected later.

I am fairly confident that the AH day job badges can still be earned, but they no longer grant charges of an AH transporter, which is no longer in the game. 

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

2 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

the excess of teleport powers after I27

They added 2 and removed 7.  Does everyone have to phrase things like it was such a drag?

Confirmed:

• Pocket D is dead, removed from power list, checked on a toon that has badge and can LRTP to Pocket D. - EDIT: Also cannot find it in the P2W anywhere.  What you can now buy there in its place is LRTP, if you didn't feel like taking the 2 minutes to wander around Atlas Park to get it for free.
  • The Wentworth day job teleport still exists, but there is no way to gain additional charges.  I currently have 27 remaining uses.
  • There were also 4 purchase-able Auction House teleports.  I don't know that I had any of these before but I believe they were simply unlisted from the AH.  You could only ever have 1 charge of these at a time, iirc.
Edited by Replacement

5 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

I am fairly confident that the AH day job badges can still be earned, but they no longer grant charges of an AH transporter, which is no longer in the game. 

Brain Storms now, I believe (what you used to get from logging out at base portal). EDIT - CONFIRMED just now on a toon logged out in WW.

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Replacement said:

They added 2 and removed 7.  Does everyone have to phrase things like it was such a drag?

Most of the bitching was about losing the mega-god-dev-power macro.

In general, and now in researching and validating this list, I am mildly exasperated at the degree of duplication, repetition, redundancy and overlap between the powers. Maybe half as many powers, earned through different means, would have made more sense. But that's just kibitzing. 🙂

The Ouroboros Portal unlocks with the Entrusted With the Secret badge, which per the i27 patch notes can be earned by:

• Completing any flashback mission from a Pillar of Ice and Flame
  • Completing any of the Menders' story arcs
  • Completing various missions involving time travel (see patch notes for the full list)
  • Entering Cimerora, Ouroboros, RV, or any Echo zone

The Long-Range Teleporter is earned with the Passport badge, which is now earned by either:

• Earning the exploration accolade for any zone with a base portal
  • Earning the Pocket D VIP Club Member badge by spending an hour in Pocket D

It can also be bought from P2W for 1m inf. You can teleport to any zone with a base portal where you've earned any exploration badge (I'm not sure how Thrill Seeker counts). Pocket D can also be unlocked with the Pocket D VIP Club Member badge.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Thanks. I had missed that the LRTP can be purchased (if you find 1M easier to part with than 10 minutes of badge hunting, sheesh) and that the Ouro portal is (put simply) granted upon entry to any time travel zone.

The Pocket D stuff is completely obsolete, though. I *think* that if you had the PDVIP badge/transporter, it converted to the LRTP without any further steps. But that door is closed and PD/PDVIP no longer have anything to do with TP powers.

What's driving me nuts now, in experimenting with lower-level toons that don't have the powers, is that the Rapid Response power doesn't seem to come with the RR accolade. You get the Monitor badge by hanging around base portals, and the Monitor power. When you also have Patroller, you get the Rapid Response accolade, which by all references also grants the RR TP power. But I have two toons with all three badges that don't have the RR power, and can't find an explanation of why.

38 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

The Pocket D stuff is completely obsolete, though. I *think* that if you had the PDVIP badge/transporter, it converted to the LRTP without any further steps. But that door is closed and PD/PDVIP no longer have anything to do with TP powers.

Patch notes say otherwise:

• Long Range Teleporter is unlocked by the Passport Accolade, which can be acquired by earning:
    • An exploration accolade in any zone with a Base Portal (see the "Complete Base Portal List" below for reference), or
    • The Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member badge (for spending 1 hour in Pocket D)
  • Long Range Teleporter can be used once to teleport you to any zone that you have unlocked
    • Collecting any exploration badge in a zone will unlock it as a destination
    • Pocket D can also be unlocked with the Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member badge
    • Only zones with base portals can be unlocked (see the "Complete Base Portal List" below for reference)

(bolding added)

I'm away from my CoH computer right now and can't test it... and I would never do it this way because it takes about five minutes to zip around Atlas for all the badges and then Big Time is quick and easy to get.. but I see no reason to doubt it.

Edited by Placta

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

The patch notes (already) contain many errors of things outdated. I've parked alts in PD for days without getting either a badge or the LRTP.

I won't say that's absolute — just maybe I haven't spent an actual logged hour there — but there's lots of misinformation floating around about the Pocket D badges, accolades, etc., mixed from several different Issues and eras.

As nearly as I can tell, the Pocket D beacon for LRTP is inherent... it's listed with the base entry options. And I have it on toons that have never more than passed through the disco or collected the two badges there.

Edited by Shenanigunner

Just now, Vulpoid said:

Could it be one uninterrupted hour logged in online while remaining in Pocket D?

I will have to try, but having spent far too many hours carefully parsing the patch notes etc., I think the description is obsolete. I'll go listen to that annoying music for an hour. (And what IS that muffled phrase some singer keeps shouting out? "Wuffa mugga gah GAH the HOUSE!"?)

11 minutes ago, Vulpoid said:

Could it be one uninterrupted hour logged in online while remaining in Pocket D?

It's definitely time logged in (not logging out in Pocket D for the Clubber badge), but I don't think it has to be uninterrupted.

The badge in question.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

As nearly as I can tell, the Pocket D beacon for LRTP is inherent

It is not, Pocket D must be enabled by either earning the Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member badge, or by earning the LRT power another way then collecting one of the two exploration badges in Pocket D.

If you want to save yourself some time you could always 'earn' some of the badges in question using the /badge_grant command (the badge tags for the various badges are listed here) on the beta server.

6 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Why do my alts that have not earned the LRTP have "active" zone entries, even when the exploring badge for that zone has not been earned?

Where exactly are you seeing the "active" zone entries on these alts? A screenshot would be most helpful, or at least the name/description of the particular window.

Okay. I have set a new record for "The most boring possible mission in CoH." Standing around for an hour in Pocket D is... *snore*

But yep, that's how it works. One hour of standing around, one Pocket D Gold VIP badge, one Long Range TP power. And, of course, it has the PD beacon enabled.

Next up, checking one of my alts that has the LRTP and definitely doesn't have the PDGVIP badge or either PD exploration badge. I am *pretty* sure they have the Pocket D beacon anyway... but I've lost track of all the tendrils on this mess.

Thanks for the input. It's one way to do it... but given that there are better ways, this one is for disco masochists.

55 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Where exactly are you seeing the "active" zone entries on these alts? A screenshot would be most helpful, or at least the name/description of the particular window.

As explained somewhere, if you have an explo badge for a zone, it will be highlighted in the beacon list even if you don't have the LRTP yet. Makes... sense, I guess.

And, just to finish this up:

• Yep, if you get the LRTP via the Pocket D badge, it automatically unlocks the PD beacon.
  • If you get the LRTP another way, you have to snag one Pocket D exploration badge to unlock its beacon.

I think that's it. (?)