Paragon City Sports Teams?

dtjunkie

13 hours ago, biostem said:

I wonder how stringent sports teams/leagues would be about checking for superpowers or other enhancements, within the CoH world.  Heck, just about any job, particularly those that involve manual labor, would love a superhumanly strong worker, or someone who can start fires or freeze things on a whim...

Upside: all the ice cream machines at McDowell's would work flawlessly, all the time.

Downside: soon as you got your ice cream, some Hellions would melt it.

• Haha 3

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Just now, roleki said:

Upside: all the ice cream machines at McDowell's would work flawlessly, all the time.

Downside: soon as you got your ice cream, some Hellions would melt it.

I can't recall, but does any of the lore address casual use of super powers within the CoH setting?  I do recall a trailer where BaB was using his super strength to help with the post-Rikti invasion cleanup, as was Sister Psyche, (only using telekinesis)...

I've mentioned before that one of my time-travelling Ordus Chronos magi.... My Force Mage, Tessamun... is a footie fan. She'll go on endlessly about the Nerva Novas given half a chance. 

But that seriously confounds people in the current era, Because the Novas and their league won't even be established until a few decades after the end of the Battalion Wars. 😝

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

10 hours ago, RikOz said:

One of my alts, "Seahawk", was a professional football player, but his sudden mutations disqualified him from the league:

seahawk.thumb.jpg.b0ff4e6ba6762693f7641093a0389101.jpg

Looking at that picture, I can't see why they would have disqualified him.

• Haha 2

It seems to me, with all the Arenas around, that the primary entertainment in Paragon - and in the Rogue Isles before the Arachnos coup - would be a supers version of WWE.  

• Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

18 hours ago, biostem said:

I can't recall, but does any of the lore address casual use of super powers within the CoH setting?  I do recall a trailer where BaB was using his super strength to help with the post-Rikti invasion cleanup, as was Sister Psyche, (only using telekinesis)...

It's an interesting question, and I feel it may be something worth exploring.  Imagine scenarios where we arrive on scene to assist other supers in building Habitat for Humanity housing, or visiting a PTSD ward where supers with mental abilities are coaxing mental trauma patients back to some sort of normalcy.  Of course, then a fight breaks out and we're forced to do that voodoo we do so well, but it would at the start at least point out our gentler side.

The only thing I can immediately think of is Doc Samson who uses her super strength in archeology work, especially removing rubble in Faultline.  There are examples of other non-violent use of super powers, but within the context of a fight.  Atlas, for example, is said to have lifted a host of parade goers above a cloud of toxins to rest safely on his shoulders.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, biostem said:

There's also fires in Steel Canyon; I might not use superpowers to fight the fires, but these normies sure as heck aren't teleporting between burning buildings.  

Which reminds me, I find it hilarious that there's all kinds of buildings on fire, all kinds of heroes running around, and there's still thugs stealing purses from people right there.  RIGHT THERE.

• 5 months later
17 hours ago, 0th Power said:

also, shouldn't there be a golf course in Paragon?

Probably in those areas between the zones. 

Long long ago I asked on the forums what the university school colors were.  I created a character who was a cheerleader for the lacrosse team (joke being lacrosse teams don't have cheerleaders) and wanted to know what colors to use. With no reply I went with a bluish color & white.  A few months later the cheerleader in red & white uniform showed up handing out pamphlets in front of the Steel Canyon university's main building.  You're welcome.  😄