Anyone Ever Try A Roster Shot?

Erratic1

Anyone else ever try to do a group photo for their characters?

Group1.jpg.2b46def7eaacfe0700071c9ce9a43d67.jpg

The above was really just a test of concept--grab some characters, try to get them posed properly, and layer them together with a background.

Aquaria (left) and Unconquerable (right) I snipped from the costume editor. Regiment  (center) I posed on top of a building with a neutral background I could then easily remove.  The backdrop is just behind the tram station in Talos. If I were really going to do it right I would want to include shadows for them on the pavement and I would try to do a better job smoothing out the character borders.

Has anyone else gone further with their roster of characters?

Edited by Erratic1
Reduce image size
  • Like 1

I tinkered with the idea to satisfy my curiosity. There was some discussion in this thread. Some other ideas were presented there but if I were I to pursue it in earnest, I had good luck with demo editing and would probably go that route.

• Thanks 1

Get what you needed @Erratic1? Here's brief summary of that thread...

AE: Make a mission in Architect and recreate your alts as "rescues" then play

the mission and save them all. They follow you and then you can pose with them.

Not too difficult if you know how to use AE (I never tried it myself) and decent results.

Photo Manipulation: Take screenshots ingame and composite them yourself in the art program

of your choice. While it's the most difficult (a steep learning curve) it gives total control over the results.

Demo Edit: Find Choose a map. Record a quick demo from each position you want one of your alts to be.

Open the demo file as text and replace the code at each location with the code for one of your alts.

It's quick and easy with good results. Also lets you do things that are not possible in-game.

Example: Note not only the Croatoan Witches in Bloody Bay but the fact that I

am standing on the Meteor which the game doesn't allow. Bio from '09.

v3Zy0KPj_o.jpg

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

• 4 months later

In the past I've used Titan Icon to create group shots of my alts like these:

1871497506_ndhu-full-nonames.thumb.jpg.455fc4d1118e72e24ff6d0ded4b7fd59.jpg

It's still available for download, but I'm not sure if it works with the current HC client data.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

@retrobytz ~ Everlasting ~ usually online daily between 18:00 and 20:00 UTC
Signature Characters: Star Jewel | Emberflair | Mystfury | Lumitia | Miss Unity | 
Novaspark

Other characters - Starlight Sentinels on Fandom

On 7/9/2021 at 7:45 AM, Retrobytz said:

In the past I've used Titan Icon to create group shots of my alts like these:

It's still available for download, but I'm not sure if it works with the current HC client data.

In the past, I've created demofiles and captured screenshots form the playback.  It was so versatile, since you could use powers, weapons and all the emotes (including NPC ones).

I don't think that works anymore, so I'll have to give Titan Icon a go.

01a Noble Zodiac - names.jpg

02a Fallen Zodiac - names.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, wei yau said:

I don't think that works anymore, so I'll have to give Titan Icon a go.

Creating demo files and taking screenshots definitely still works. My previous post in this thread (on Feb 12) has some links, and the HC wiki Demo Recording page also has some info about recording and playback.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later

This is one I took on live, and it is literally "live". I had to make two free accounts in addition to my main account, and create each character on a separate account. Then I launched two instances of the game on my Windows laptop, each logged into a different account, and launched another instance of the game on my Mac and logged it into the third account. Loaded all three characters, got them positioned just so, and managed to get the screenshot before the clients on the laptop crashed.

I wanted the group shot because these three characters are triplet sisters.

screenshot_120605-15-25-10.thumb.jpg.e9ba7a0f093385714902f8e6bfb52219.jpg