Ice Blaster or Corruptor?

JnEricsonx

Both are good. A Corr that can self-buff is going to be more self-sufficient, and one that can debuff foes will probably be able to take down stronger enemies at the high end. I have Ice Blast characters of both ATs, and I enjoy them both. The damage output from the Blaster is noticeably higher (even though mine, an Ice/Dev has basically no damage boost from his secondary) and that higher damage is less fiddly to sustain. As a result my Blaster clears x8 missions more quickly. But the Corr (Ice/Dark in my case) can pull off "stupid character tricks" like soloing AVs and GMs much more reliably than the Blaster can.

4 hours ago, UberGuy said:

(even though mine, an Ice/Dev has basically no damage boost from his secondary)

There's that constant 20% damage boost from Targeting Drone though!

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

My Ice/Cold Corruptor is way more use on a team than my ice/ice blasters ever were.  This is due to Cold Secondary's INSANE debuffs.

I have a Water/Cold corr.    I'm just trying not to repeat myself too much with power sets at the moment is all.

• Like 1

As a Corruptor Scourging Rains + a -Resist patch is always good.

Ice/Cold (which you don't want), Ice/Dark, Ice/Storm: All of these have a Slow+Resist patch to go with your rains.

Ice/Trick Arrow, Ice/Time : Both of these have a Slow patch and a -resist power to dump on top of the rains. 

Blaster-wise I'm fond of my Ice/Fire blapper. There's nothing stopping you crafting macros to drop Ice Storm and Blizzard as PBAoEs and you end up with a nice DoT blapper with lots of AOE. Whittle things down while you use Ices excellent single target attacks on the biggest thing in the spawn. For scary content you can still drop Blizzard from range while the Tank grabs their attention. 

I have an ice/plants blaster who has more holds than any controller or corruptor I have played.  The character has been tuned specifically for Hamidon raiding. 

Edited by Heraclea
check to see if you any words out
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Depends how much use you think you'll get out of the Corr secondary.  I duoed an ice/ice corr with a fire/fire brute, and the shields and debuffs were fantastic synergy.  The more time you spend running on big teams, the more likely it is that others will have the support covered and you'll spend most of your time blasting anyway.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Ice blast is soooo much better than a silly corruptor. No need to worry about scourge because with ice blast, they're already dead. I've played both. The ice corruptor isn't bad, mind you, but ice blast is still very much the best blast set. I don't care what the numbers say about fire. Ice has far better mitigation as you level. For level 50 play, the fire has an edge, but leveling - I'll take ice every time. 

The corruptor is good in team play, given the secondary. But, it's also a bit busy, as you have to pay attention to a lot more than just your own hp. 

You have 1000 slots - make both and you tell us what you think.

• Like 2