Soloing Task Forces

bodenee

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

My coalition did a Posi 2 a couple days ago.  Two teams of 6 headed through it.  We sped through everything, mostly delayed by finding mission objectives.  However, at the last mission, once inside the doors to get the interior bombs, it got ugly.  We were all exemplared and well versed in the TF.  So we were all spread out.  That room, sigh.  Not a great idea to spread out.  My poor Dark/Dark Brute went in to tryy to Tank for an objective.  3-4 large pulls were on him.  The debuffing accuracy was cruel.  Died 3 times and finally used a P2W ethereal shift to go hide.  It did reinforce my decision to main dark/dark lol.  I normally am debuffing my opponents accuracy! However at that level at that volume I had no chance.  Thankfully we completed the objectives (no idea how much I helped in there) and someone TP formed us up for the final battle.  

With experience I can now see when things are going pear shaped. So I run away when I see I am no longer hitting the enemies and my defense is in the red. This has to be a quick decision since the CoT bosses spam immobilizes and Holds. Sometimes I'm not fast enough.

This is -definitely- not a TF to do multiple pulls because whomever has the agro will be unable to do damage and will die the moment the -def debuffing happens. In particular a Dark Armor trying to hit with Dark Regen and missing even when surrounded by enemies is a sad thing 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sovera said:

With experience I can now see when things are going pear shaped. So I run away when I see I am no longer hitting the enemies and my defense is in the red. This has to be a quick decision since the CoT bosses spam immobilizes and Holds. Sometimes I'm not fast enough.

This is -definitely- not a TF to do multiple pulls because whomever has the agro will be unable to do damage and will die the moment the -def debuffing happens. In particular a Dark Armor trying to hit with Dark Regen and missing even when surrounded by enemies is a sad thing 😄

i build Dark for more resist and throw a nod ate Def, knowing it goes away when fighting tough enemies.  But it just ended up being slow deaths....sigh.  My own 3 debuffing auras couldnt hit, which do most of the lifting on Darks defense vs trash, and yeah, having no heal....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

As much as I min/max my toons and test them against GMs, I have yet to solo a TF/SF.

Not for laziness mind you, just never tried it.

i have only done one.  a treespec i needed for a redside accolade.  I dropped a lot of temp summons and it was a breeze (this toon had solo'd redside and never used any of the temps from storylines.... still mostly hasn't lol)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

i have only done one.  a treespec i needed for a redside accolade.  I dropped a lot of temp summons and it was a breeze (this toon had solo'd redside and never used any of the temps from storylines.... still mostly hasn't lol)

That should actually be another discussion. How many of us hold on to the temp powers from missions? Void hunter rifle, shotgun, jar of bees...lol I collect that stuff.

• Like 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 minute ago, The_Warpact said:

Not for laziness mind you, just never tried it.

I've done a few. For some, it's absolutely fine, for others it becomes more a test of patience than of skill.

Positron's ones are fine, although Vahz is a pain in the bum because of the layout of the map - he seems to want to go to certain locations. Katie Hannon's one is okay if you can deal with the unrelenting first mission. 

The three Ouroborous task forces are pretty simple. The two Striga ones are unremarkable but not too problematic. 

Numina's hunt missions take a long time even with a team and I wouldn't recommend soloing them. Citadel's task force is not exactly scintillating content. 

The Shadow Shard enemies have a lot of mez, a lot of -def and a lot of confuse and fear protection, and perception high enough to make stealth difficult, making them easier for some builds than others. My fortunata got hammered. 

I also tried to solo the respec trial with the Ritki and I was completely fine until the bosses stacked up and I couldn't take them down fast enough to keep up with the damage they were doing to the reactor, but that was several builds ago and I think I could probably do it again with a bit of planning of when to set off the "big" powers. 

• Like 2
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 3/30/2021 at 6:24 AM, bodenee said:

So far Posi 1, Synapse, Hess, Moonfire, Citadel, Yin.  Those that I haven't cracked yet are Posi2 (dam vomit!) and Numina (Just could NOT do enough dmg quickly enuff to take down Jurrasic!) 

Fun thing about Posi1 is that if you run it at x8 you spawn 8 dopplegangers of yourself!

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

18 minutes ago, Xandharba said:

Hello

What about Mortimer Kall strike force solo ?

I'd like so much to get the permanent buff 'Flame of Prometheus' (max Hp, regen, dmg) for my low level ATs but I never seen teams doing it.

Considering you can run SF/TFs at -1x1 most of them are very easily soloable up to the last boss which will be an AV. If a meleer it will not really a problem IMO (just take some purples with you) and at most you just need envenomed daggers from the P2W.

Now, I'll be honest with you: -waiting- for someone to form a team for some thing you are after can be a dicey proposition. It is much easier to go '/lfg Mortimer Kall SF LFM. Minimum level X' and invite people as they whisper you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xandharba said:

Hello

What about Mortimer Kall strike force solo ?

I'd like so much to get the permanent buff 'Flame of Prometheus' (max Hp, regen, dmg) for my low level ATs but I never seen teams doing it.

It can be done, but I wouldn't try it on most toons. The Posi fight where his imps sneak in to fully heal him can be annoying even with certain team combinations. My ill/rad did it but it was annoying. Like Sovera said you're better off forming a team for it. Be sure to mention it only takes 10-20 minutes and that the badge will convert to a Notice of the Well once incarnates are unlocked. Oh one other tip - if you're the team leader don't use the temp power when it says to on Numina. It's usually only a few hits away from her demise anyway and if you use it you don't get that juicy AV experience.