Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

• 2 weeks later

John Candlewick

About a week ago, I watched Beauty and the Beast (cartoon) with my daughter and had an idea to base a character on Lumiere. Later that night I watched John Wick. I almost threw my neck out when I thought of the name, John Candlewick. Thinking that the name was taken for sure, I logged in, typed the name in, and dorkishly laughed my ass off that it wasn't taken. I decided that his story had to be a mash-up of both John Wick and BatB, written from the end to the beginning. I use those weird keyboard symbols to show different people taking. I made him a DP/Nin Blaster.

image.png?ex=65848836&is=65721336&hm=12a8ea4dc0e1c42c2df91a51df45097eda6f7930211c8a53036dc8448ab6ec8f&

Edited by Echo Night
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

a few recent ones...

• Shrimptim of Changes - Peacebringer with a Fishhead and hell bent for leather. 
  • Yeet Shooter - skeet shooting AR/Sonic blaster
  • You Gave Me Cancer - Energy/Rad Stalker
  • Rubber Room - Straight Jacketed Clown Illusion/Savage Dom
  • Lil Half Lyfe - Rad/Rad Blaster
  • Dr Vajilok - Zombies/Poison MM (female Mortificator look)

On 6/16/2019 at 4:18 AM, Marshal_General said:

A former female member of the Lost, a Sonic/Mental blaster, mind/sonic controller, psy/sonic corrupter or mind/psionic dominator named........

Pariah Carey  ;D

Necro to death but she should play with my character...Rector Salamanca

My puniest toon name is probably: NP Seymour

but honorable mention to:

Sir Kit Breaker

Bernjamin Tanklin

Scorched Eartha

Double Ohm 7

Miss Konstrew

Names are fun! I often come up with a name and then build a toon to fit the name.

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

17 hours ago, mistagoat said:

Names are fun! I often come up with a name and then build a toon to fit the name.

Names are where it starts; it's something I have to stare at and be called by for months, so it should be fun or fitting!

I'm probably 50/50 between:

• I come up with a clever or punny name, sometimes on a dare from regular friends of mine, and pick powers to fit. Cute Little Stinker and Harpy Holidays and Gamma Chameleon fit this.
  • I want to combine a set of powers and go scouring Google, Wiki, etc. to find a monster, legend, god(dess), etc. to fit. I've learned alot of cryptozoology, mythology, and bits of foreign languages this way.

The species, costume, and backstory (every alt has one) follow after that.

I only have a couple of "homage" alts, preferring to come-up with something totally my own. Even developed a couple lore-compatible races/species as a way to handle those instances where I'm having trouble with a name or backstory development.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just made a toon based on an NPC I put in an MA arc back on live, Rabbitual Criminal.  He's redside, yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 12/21/2023 at 6:56 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Just made a toon based on an NPC I put in an MA arc back on live, Rabbitual Criminal.  He's redside, yes.

Reminds me of the joke about the Jewish stage magician whose best trick was going up and down the aisles pulling rabbis out of his yarmulke...

• Haha 2

Remember, you asked for it.

Ada Go
Anna Noyance
Bent Spiner
Broccoli Brawler
Capo Diablo
Cinder Claws
Clawed Hopper
Cog Roach
Conehead (The Barbarian)
Cy Berman
Distracta
Doc Astoria
Donna Justice
Doogie Howitzer
Gila Man
Gina Lollofrigida
Goth Ham
Greenland Tern
Harecules
Junk Norris
Maggoty Ann
Marv Ellisman
Meatier Man
Miss Speller
Missile Toad
Monty Zoomer
Ms Fit
Mudder (with the "Trucker" badge)
OMAC Donald
Phaedra Blacque
Poison Oakley
Raised Old Ghoul
Sump Thing
Tanks Vermillion
Tru North
Watt the Hellion
Wendigo Holmes
Wendigo Hyde
Wonder Wendigo

1 hour ago, Captain Valiant said:

Remember, you asked for it.

(etc.)

What, is that all? 

(seriously though, you have some good ones)

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝