Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

• 1 month later
On 7/17/2023 at 7:39 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Just rolled up my first Trick Arrow character TA/Water Blast Defender by the name of Soda Khan complete with Orange Soda Blast, Cream Soda Whirlpool and Root beer Geyser.

I've managed 5 costumes so far for Soda Khan, posted over in the costumes thread.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• Drunk Aza: Skunk.
  • That's Bull: Bovine.
  • Myna Problem: Bird.
  • Lyre Lyre: Symphony/Fire bird.
  • Schroedinger-Pavlov: A cat, and a wolf, and…a confusing backstory.
  • Harpy Holidays: Red, green, and still ugly.
  • Serval Blades: Dual Blade cat.
  • Cute Little Stinker: another Skunk.
  • Hare Krista: Probably my most failed pun name that no one got; rabbit.
  • Gamma Chameleon: He comes and goes, he comes and goes…
  • Compulsive Lyre: Another symphony bird alt.
  • Hopped-Up: Kinetics rabbit.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

A few of mine

• Stormied Annuals Storm/Plant blaster. Incisive political commentary!
  • Pratfall Forcefield/Energy defender. Built for maximum KD/KB, and great fun exemped down for TFs
  • Raining Cats and Dogs Beasts/Storm mastermind.
  • Charging Cattle Electric/Shield scrapper
  • Gratuitous Windup Kinetc/Regen scrapper. Someday I hope to hit something with the T9 kinetic attack before the rest of the team kills it.
  • Shoots and LADDERS Beam Rifle/Electric Armor sentinel. With LADDERS (Local AI Driven Destructive Energy Release System) being the name of the gun.
  • Bobby Q Fire/Fire/Fire sentinel. 
  • Midnight Fister Street Justice/Energy Armor stalker
  • Lady Beatdown Super Reflexes/Martial Arts tank
  • Otto Ignition Fire/Fire tank. 
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Random Axis said:
  • Raining Cats and Dogs Beasts/Storm mastermind.

Damn, that's great.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Corey Colorado

A play on Hannah Montana.

Her bio:

Cali Cypress is no stranger to living a double life. Most know her as Corey Colorado, country pop singer, and star of a hit TV show.

What can only be confirmed with the right security level, is that she is a superhero.

When Cali put out a more indie rock album with greater depth and complexity, an evangelical Christian preacher convinced his congregation she was the anti-Christ. He was, in fact, long possessed by a demon and huge fan of Corey. He decided he had to possess her and convinced his congregants to kidnap her.

Things did not go to plan. A mix of innate magical ability pore stubbornness, when the demon tried to possess Cali, she possessed him right back.

She increasingly found she could control other demons as well “Strays.” While she officially retired the stage name Corey Colorado, the fandom has only grown with the tabloid rumors of demonic powers she has harnessed for good. “Well mostly, occasionally the extremely lit party.”

• 2 weeks later
3 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I've just created a vegetable based character Dominator; Noble Cabbage

But at least he's got a good head on his shoulders...

Just be careful during the event that someone doesn't take him for a vampire and try to drive a steak through his heart.

Edited by srmalloy

My Ice/EM Tank.  He used to be a refrigerator repairman and used spare parts to create a Halloween Costume to trick or treat with his kids. 

Long story short:  after many refinements over the years, eventually the parts worked protecting him in ice and being able to punch hard with energized fists. 

He registered as a hero with the name...

Frigid-Dare

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have not made this yet, and if someone snags it, I suppose that will have to be okay. 

Margaret Scratcher (play on Margaret Thatcher, of course). Not sure if she should be a spines/* or claws/* 

Heck, maybe someone else already made one before this post. I haven't checked yet. 

4 hours ago, Perfidy said:

I have not made this yet, and if someone snags it, I suppose that will have to be okay. 

Margaret Scratcher (play on Margaret Thatcher, of course). Not sure if she should be a spines/* or claws/* 

Heck, maybe someone else already made one before this post. I haven't checked yet. 

Spines would have to be "Pierce (GET IT!?!?!?!?) Brosnan"

• Haha 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Incblot - Water/dark blaster. Ex-"liaison" (censor) between the shadow government and mega-corporations. Made a deal with a nether-entity to exchange his soul for enough raw power to destroy the wicked.

Wild Run - Beast/Nature MM. Native-American-looking fellow with mutative powers to communicate with nature.

And my favorite...

Red Arc - Dark/Trick Arrow blaster. A powerful vampire whose sanity and humanity were restored when he stumbled upon the secret hideout of his former-best-friend, who had been a hero long ago. Donning his former friend's armor forces the darkness inside to abate, allowing Red (Redemption) Arc to be a superhero.

56 minutes ago, pawstruck said:

Incblot - Water/dark blaster. Ex-"liaison" (censor) between the shadow government and mega-corporations. Made a deal with a nether-entity to exchange his soul for enough raw power to destroy the wicked.

For a second I read that as "Incelot"

A knight style character with a "Men In Tights" style chastity belt...

"No Ding Ding vissout ze ring!"

• Haha 3

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

6 hours ago, Cybersbe said:

I have an Elec/elec defender named Dr. Defibrillate.

(Yes, he was a medical doctor before becoming a super hero.)

Ha! I have an elec/elec scrapper named "Heartbeat of America". He's a cardiologist, and his mutant gene was activated by a bizarre defibrillator accident.

• Like 1