Trickshooter's Buff Trick Arrow 3.0!

Entangling Arrow is one of the few powers I'd seriously consider throwing out the Cottage Rule for. It's just mind-boggling, what is a single-target immobilize doing in a buff/debuff set? And the -recharge is less than half as strong as Web Grenade for Blasters!

Preach!

I wouldn't want to remove Entangling Arrow. If its debuffs were returned to their original scale 5, it would be pretty comparable to other tier 1 debuffs, especially since it recharges in 1/4 the amount of time they do.

If Entangling Arrow was still seen as a problem for the set overall after that, I would rather add some additional effects and increase the recharge, as opposed to just removing it.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

Poison Gas Arrow

PGA really has become a great power since the buff it received in Issue 22. I would only say that this is a great place to add an additional debuff effect of some kind. Possibly -150% Regen or a ticking Endurance Drain

Acid Arrow

• Increase Resistance Debuff to -25% (-18.75% for Controllers, MMs and Corruptors)
  • Increase Radius to 15 ft
  • Increase Recharge to 30 seconds
  • Increase Endurance Cost to 10.4

Part of the original benefit to choosing Trick Arrow was that it was a more offensive set, and that was most clear through it's ability to stack two -Resistance powers to achieve more -Resistance more often than other sets. And that was mostly the case until the introduction of the Villain ATs and the sharing of "pseudopets" without adjusting them to be correct values for those ATs. Now, I don't want to get any powersets nerfed, so I feel the simpler way to restore this benefit back to Trick Arrows is to slightly buff the -Resistance put out by it's two resistance debuffing powers.

Acid Arrow is also a bit of a weird power compared to similar powers in other sets. It's pretty much overshadowed by Acid Mortar, and the next closest powers are the AoE debuffs in Poison, but it lacks the benefits those powers have (stronger debuff on main target, main debuff and splash effect can self stack, faster recharge) while having similar limitations (8 foot radius). Increasing the radius, along with the recharge and end cost, would give Acid Arrow a benefit over those similar powers, while also leaving them their own benefits over Acid Arrow.

Disruption Arrow

• Increase Resistance Debuff to -25% (-18.75% for Controllers, MMs and Corruptors)
  • Increase MaxTargets to 16
  • Add ToHit Debuff of -12.5% (-10% for Controllers and Corruptors, -7.5% for MMs)

Like Acid Arrow, increasing it's -Resistance debuff improves the set's effectiveness, while also restoring a benefit to the set that's been missing from the other ATs' versions.

Regarding it's MaxTarget limit, only 3 Defender AoE debuffs are limited to 10: Fulcrum Shift, Heat Loss and Disruption Arrow. One of these does not belong. Disruption Arrow, even buffed, is not in the same league as these other powers and should not be limited to only 10 enemies.

In addition to fixing those inconsistencies, I also feel this power is a good place to add a -ToHit effect to. Trick Arrows as a set needs more defensive debuffs, namely -ToHit, and Flash Arrow's debuff alone can't cut it. Adding -ToHit to Disruption Arrow not only fills that hole in a bit, it also:

• A) Gives incentive to take Flash Arrow in order to stack both effects
  • B) Fits thematically with the Trick Arrows set, which works best when multiple arrows are used at once
  • C) Fits along the lines of Liquefy and Earthquake, which also reduce ToHit through vibrations
  • D) Offers invention set options to a power which currently can't really be slotted for much

Oil Slick Arrow

Oil Slick Arrow is amazing power and the only suggestion I have is to allow it to be affected by Range slotting. I didn't even realize it couldn't accept Range enhancements until very recently.

EMP Arrow

Similar to Oil Slick Arrow, EMP Arrow is practically perfect in every way. I wish it could also be slottable for Range. I think this is leftover from when it was originally copied from EM Pulse in Radiation Emission, as all other Ranged AoE Holds seem to be able to slot for Range.

I'm super on board for all of these changes! I think that, if TA is going to be considered a "debuff" set, it should have some -regen somewhere (this has been my turn off from the set). Also, having -special somewhere would be really fun. Putting -regen and -special in PGA makes a lot of sense to me, turning it into a big target neutralizer.  Disruption arrow definitely needs more... something... anything haha. Also, why does EMP have a crash? I never understood...

Entangling Arrow is one of the few powers I'd seriously consider throwing out the Cottage Rule for. It's just mind-boggling, what is a single-target immobilize doing in a buff/debuff set? And the -recharge is less than half as strong as Web Grenade for Blasters!

Preach!

I wouldn't want to remove Entangling Arrow. If its debuffs were returned to their original scale 5, it would be pretty comparable to other tier 1 debuffs, especially since it recharges in 1/4 the amount of time they do.

If Entangling Arrow was still seen as a problem for the set overall after that, I would rather add some additional effects and increase the recharge, as opposed to just removing it.

Quick History: TA suffered from being tested in an environment that was saturated with defenders and sonic blast. Even Flash arrow's pitiful 6% to hit debuff looks pretty good when 8 TA characters throw it down. This led to the set being weak on live.

Entangling Arrow is absolutely not on par with other T1 debuffs. Actual debuff amounts aside, recharge is about the worst of the debuffs, as it only matters after they have cycled their attacks and even then makes little difference. Compare it to debuffing damage, to-hit, defense, or resistance, which are more meaningful and have immediate impact.  It also isnt even enhanceable.

Then lets look at the T1 debuffs.

Cold Domination has Infrigidate, - 31.25 defense, -37.5 damage.

Dark has Twilight Grasp, one of the best heals in the game with a -6.25 to hit, 12.5% damage debuff, -50% regen

Nature has Corrosive Enzymes, with -25% resist and -31.25 damage debuff.

Poison has Envenom,  -37.5% defense, -40% resistance, small AE.

Radiation has Rad Infect, huge AE, -31.25 defense, -31.25 to-hit.

Sonic has Sonic Siphon, -30% resistance, which I believe stacks.

Time has Time Crawl, -100% regen, +75% recharge, and sets up Delayed.

There is basically no amount of -recharge to bring Entangling Arrow up to par, unless we're talking a 300% recharge penalty. The only one that comes close is Time, and Time is so grossly OP that Time Crawl could literally do nothing and Time would still run rings around TA.

Entangling Arrow is garbage, and contributes to TA's lackluster reputation and difficulty in proving meaningful team support until mid game. Let's stop pretending crap powers are anything but that.

The first 4 TA powers seriously need a boost in terms of their effectiveness. 

Entangling Arrow, as established, is basically worthless. We've joked about a healing arrow, but some kind of targeted buff wouldn't be bad. I would envision a "Marking Arrow"  that grants the team a to-hit and damage buff. Hell, have it immobilize. 

Flash Arrow needs a boost in it's effectiveness to at least 10%. Right now it's not even up to a single dark blast in terms of debuffs. Before the toggle anchor change, you could argue it's value as someone couldn't kill the anchor and drop the toggle. Now, toggles persist after target deaths, so the value isnt there anymore. However right now, the endurance cost is equal to 15 seconds of Rad Infection, so roughly an entire spawn's kill time. Flash Arrow has 1/6th the To-Hit buff of Rad Infect and no defense debuff.  Flash Arrow needs love badly.

Glue Arrow is also worse than the Tactical Arrow version, which recharges in 45 seconds vs Trick Arrow's 60. The effects are OK, if underwhelming. I would suggest adding a decent chance for a Mag 1 hold (minion only) to help the early mitigation issues TA faces.

Ice Arrow is underwhelming, and not even as good as Tactical Arrow's version. It is also worse than an Ancillary/Epic Holds, which are supposed to be worse than primary/secondary versions.  Up it's damage to Moderate Lethal with a Moderate Cold DOT. It will still be considerably worse than Freeze Ray but at least becomes more viable.

The other powers are mostly fine. EMP Arrow should drop to 120 seconds. Tac Arrow's AE hold is 90 seconds, but lasts less time, so this would split the difference in effectiveness.

• Like 1

Quick History: TA suffered from being tested in an environment that was saturated with defenders and sonic blast. Even Flash arrow's pitiful 6% to hit debuff looks pretty good when 8 TA characters throw it down. This led to the set being weak on live.

ECDvmMI.jpg

This is a joke, please don't be offended!

Entangling Arrow is absolutely not on par with other T1 debuffs. Actual debuff amounts aside, recharge is about the worst of the debuffs, as it only matters after they have cycled their attacks and even then makes little difference. Compare it to debuffing damage, to-hit, defense, or resistance, which are more meaningful and have immediate impact.  It also isnt even enhanceable.

Then lets look at the T1 debuffs.

Cold Domination has Infrigidate, - 31.25 defense, -37.5 damage.

Dark has Twilight Grasp, one of the best heals in the game with a -6.25 to hit, 12.5% damage debuff, -50% regen

Nature has Corrosive Enzymes, with -25% resist and -31.25 damage debuff.

Poison has Envenom,  -37.5% defense, -40% resistance, small AE.

Radiation has Rad Infect, huge AE, -31.25 defense, -31.25 to-hit.

Sonic has Sonic Siphon, -30% resistance, which I believe stacks.

Time has Time Crawl, -100% regen, +75% recharge, and sets up Delayed.

First, have to ignore Envenom and Radiation Infection; these are not tier 1 debuffs for 3/4 of the ATs with TA. Not that TA's tier 2 is any better, but...

Second, if Entangling Arrow caused 50%/62.5% Slow and -Recharge, then yes, it would be pretty comparable to other tier 1 debuffs. It's only not if we ignore every other aspect of the power. EA recharges in 4 seconds, compared to Infrigidate at 15s, Corrosive Enzymes at 16s, Sonic Siphon at 16s (doesn't stack, actually), and Time Crawl at 15s. It means Entangling Arrow can be on 3 enemies, while each of the others is on 1. Twilight Grasp is just flat out better, though.

There is basically no amount of -recharge to bring Entangling Arrow up to par, unless we're talking a 300% recharge penalty. The only one that comes close is Time, and Time is so grossly OP that Time Crawl could literally do nothing and Time would still run rings around TA.

Entangling Arrow is garbage, and contributes to TA's lackluster reputation and difficulty in proving meaningful team support until mid game. Let's stop pretending crap powers are anything but that.

I'd be fine adding other effects to Entangling Arrow, I already said that. If anything is added though, I would expect to see the recharge time doubled or more so it lined up with the other ST tier 1 debuffs.

The first 4 TA powers seriously need a boost in terms of their effectiveness. 

Entangling Arrow, as established, is basically worthless. We've joked about a healing arrow, but some kind of targeted buff wouldn't be bad. I would envision a "Marking Arrow"  that grants the team a to-hit and damage buff. Hell, have it immobilize. 

I'm selfish, but I just don't want a buffing power in Trick Arrow. Ultimately, it's not going to be up to me, but I want the king of debuffs I was promised.

Flash Arrow needs a boost in it's effectiveness to at least 10%. Right now it's not even up to a single dark blast in terms of debuffs. Before the toggle anchor change, you could argue it's value as someone couldn't kill the anchor and drop the toggle. Now, toggles persist after target deaths, so the value isnt there anymore. However right now, the endurance cost is equal to 15 seconds of Rad Infection, so roughly an entire spawn's kill time. Flash Arrow has 1/6th the To-Hit buff of Rad Infect and no defense debuff.  Flash Arrow needs love badly.

The thing with Flash Arrow is... it should have never been in the set. It works perfectly fine compared to other -Perception powers (better actually, because it's -ToHit is unresistable by AVs), but these powers are not real debuffs. But the fact is, we have Flash Arrow and it works as well as it should for the type of power it is, and there are plenty of people who love. Believe me, I argued with them for 19 issues. Nobody has heard "TA is great and you're stupid" more than me. If we're going to buff the set, let's focus on the other powers.

If anything were to change with Flash Arrow, I would say at least move it up the tiers to where 'meh' powers usually are and move a more 'bread and butter' type power like Glue Arrow to the tier 2 spot.

Glue Arrow is also worse than the Tactical Arrow version, which recharges in 45 seconds vs Trick Arrow's 60. The effects are OK, if underwhelming. I would suggest adding a decent chance for a Mag 1 hold (minion only) to help the early mitigation issues TA faces.

Don't even get me started on Tactical Arrow...

I would like to see another debuff added to Glue Arrow, though I'm not sure what. Definitely not a control, though. Controllers are already the most successful with the set. By that, I mean, let's not buff the set with effects that both make it even better as a Controller secondary than a Defender primary AND do not equally improve the set as a Corruptor secondary the same amount it does as a Controller secondary.

Ice Arrow is underwhelming, and not even as good as Tactical Arrow's version. It is also worse than an Ancillary/Epic Holds, which are supposed to be worse than primary/secondary versions.  Up it's damage to Moderate Lethal with a Moderate Cold DOT. It will still be considerably worse than Freeze Ray but at least becomes more viable.

Really, it just needs to at least be comparable to other support set ST holds. I used to think it's 18s recharge was because it had a debuff attached, but then Time Stop came along...

Time, in general, has always felt like some dev somewhere was rebuilding TA from the ground up, then like 2/3s of the way there, changed their mind and renamed the idea Time Manipulation and then filled it out with more time powers.

The other powers are mostly fine. EMP Arrow should drop to 120 seconds. Tac Arrow's AE hold is 90 seconds, but lasts less time, so this would split the difference in effectiveness.

If that's the direction AoE controls are going, I can live with it. But frankly, I feel like the SCoRE devs really made the AoE Controls in the new Blaster secondaries way too good and if anything should change, it's them.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

I'm sorry but Bossk_Hogg really hit the nail on the head. Entangling Arrow is absolute garbage. It feels redundant and it's not very fun to use.

One thing that always struck me as odd is that there's no reliable way to ignite the oil slick arrow using other powers from TA. Why not recast Entangling Arrow as something that can ignite the oil slick? (Maybe have it deal a little fire damage + AoE knockdown/knockback, kinda similar to Gale in Storm Summoning.) I mean, Time Manipulation has powers that combo with Time Crawl, so it wouldn't be a stretch to have the TA T1 power combo with oil slick arrow.

I'm sorry but Bossk_Hogg really hit the nail on the head. Entangling Arrow is absolute garbage. It feels redundant and it's not very fun to use.

One thing that always struck me as odd is that there's no reliable way to ignite the oil slick arrow using other powers from TA. Why not recast Entangling Arrow as something that can ignite the oil slick? (Maybe have it deal a little fire damage + AoE knockdown/knockback, kinda similar to Gale in Storm Summoning.) I mean, Time Manipulation has powers that combo with Time Crawl, so it wouldn't be a stretch to have the TA T1 power combo with oil slick arrow.

Emphasis added by me, but this is your opinion, and there are likely plenty of people that think Entangling Arrow is fun and useful. Again, I argued with those people for 7 years, so I know they're out there.

I'm against removing or completely changing a power for everyone just because a few of us in this thread don't like it. I'm all for adding to or updating powers, though.

So rather than break the cottage rule and swap Entangling Arrow out for something else, if you suggested "electrifying" Entangling Arrow and adding energy damage to it in addition to improving or adding to its debuffs, that I could get behind as it would vastly improve the power without removing the things some players already enjoy about it (like its effectiveness on AVs or just its graphics and how it's a classic comic book archer thing to have a net arrow).

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that it was anything other than my opinion. But yes, Electrifying Arrow is definitely a great compromise and it's something I'd get behind, too.

Also, I understand that you're very passionate about TA. I apologize if I stepped on any toes in my previous post.

You can use apprentice charm (the magic origin basic power) to ignite it. If you aren't magic, you can revoke your starting origin one at the P2W vendor. Taser Dart (the tech one) might also work, but I used apprentice charm w my TA on live.

You can use apprentice charm (the magic origin basic power) to ignite it. If you aren't magic, you can revoke your starting origin one at the P2W vendor. Taser Dart (the tech one) might also work, but I used apprentice charm w my TA on live.

I'm aware of that method, but I appreciate you mentioning it because maybe some people don't know about that yet. Still, my argument was that it was odd that there was no power inside of TA that can reliably ignite it. I really liked Trickshooter's idea about an electrifying net, though!  :)

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that it was anything other than my opinion. But yes, Electrifying Arrow is definitely a great compromise and it's something I'd get behind, too.

Also, I understand that you're very passionate about TA. I apologize if I stepped on any toes in my previous post.

Oh, no apology needed! Trust me, I was not offended or anything by your post. I was just trying to say that for every power we feel is bad, there is someone out there that think it's good and I mentioned the 7 years because I also used to feel Entangling Arrow was the power in the set that could be cut, but over the years I've seen there are people who are equally passionate about keeping it.

Emphasis added by me, but this is your opinion, and there are likely plenty of people that think Entangling Arrow is fun and useful. Again, I argued with those people for 7 years, so I know they're out there.

I'm against removing or completely changing a power for everyone just because a few of us in this thread don't like it. I'm all for adding to or updating powers, though.

So rather than break the cottage rule and swap Entangling Arrow out for something else, if you suggested "electrifying" Entangling Arrow and adding energy damage to it in addition to improving or adding to its debuffs, that I could get behind as it would vastly improve the power without removing the things some players already enjoy about it (like its effectiveness on AVs or just its graphics and how it's a classic comic book archer thing to have a net arrow).

Then I'll submit my "marking arrow" option that also immobilizes and grants a 15% damage and 10% to hit buff for 15 seconds. I think it's OK to up the recharge, because no one is spamming it anyways. I know it's a dirty buff (boo! hiss!), but it would actually be useful and something not covered by other powers (and effect the user). I just dont think electrified net arrow would be useful with even a 75% recharge slow, as recharge slows are the worst debuff, offering next to no mitigation until the mob has cycled all of it's attacks.

Flash Arrow still needs it's debuff upped. It provides pitiful mitigation, and they arent going to change the order in which powers are granted at this point, so it may as well be made into something that actually makes a real difference.

You make a good point why Glue arrow's additional effect shouldn't be a control, but honestly I don't know what else to offer. More -to hit? - damage? Regen doesnt fit (and isnt really needed at that level), and -resist/defense are covered. TA really needs some mitigation help early on, and it should be something easy to code if we want to see it implemented, so I would use an existing effect. 

Ice Arrow may be "on par" with support holds, but support holds are pretty weak, and are routinely advised as skipable/not worth investing in. Unlike Dark and Time, TA isnt a top tier set. Paralytic Poison could also use a boost, but that's for another thread. Adding a splash debuff effect would be a good improvement, but again, what isn't already covered?

Also, I wanted to clarify that the history lesson wasn't for you, but just any new folks. I know you're well aware of how it was at release (and helped push for the boosts the set has received since then!). If I gave the impression of talking down I apologize, as that wasn't my intent!

Then I'll submit my "marking arrow" option that also immobilizes and grants a 15% damage and 10% to hit buff for 15 seconds. I think it's OK to up the recharge, because no one is spamming it anyways. I know it's a dirty buff (boo! hiss!), but it would actually be useful and something not covered by other powers (and effect the user). I just dont think electrified net arrow would be useful with even a 75% recharge slow, as recharge slows are the worst debuff, offering next to no mitigation until the mob has cycled all of it's attacks.

Your suggestion is good, and I wouldn't be mad if it was implemented, I'd just be happier if we could make the set work with just debuffs.

I wouldn't say recharge slows are the worst debuff (that title would go to -perception, ba-dum-psh), they can be really debilitating, but like you said, only when an enemy has run out of attacks. Recharge slows synergize so well with -ToHit (or +Def like in Cold) for that reason. The real issue is that TA has so little -ToHit to make recharge slows effective. Which brings me to...

Flash Arrow still needs it's debuff upped. It provides pitiful mitigation, and they arent going to change the order in which powers are granted at this point, so it may as well be made into something that actually makes a real difference.

Honestly, maybe that would be all it takes to make a difference early on. I feel myself hesitate agreeing that Flash Arrow can stay exactly as it is, except with more -ToHit, but thinking about it... what would it really change?

I have seen so many people agree that Flash Arrow can't stay aggro-less if it had increased -ToHit, but the more I think about it, what difference does it make? You either use it on a group and don't fight them, so the -ToHit amount is moot, or you use it on a group and then you fight them, in which case, debuffing them 10 seconds before or 1 second before doesn't really change anything. Hmmm...

I would say at the very least, duration would need to come down and recharge go up. Possibly just to 30/30 rather than 15/60.

You make a good point why Glue arrow's additional effect shouldn't be a control, but honestly I don't know what else to offer. More -to hit? - damage? Regen doesnt fit (and isnt really needed at that level), and -resist/defense are covered. TA really needs some mitigation help early on, and it should be something easy to code if we want to see it implemented, so I would use an existing effect.

This is always the problem I have when I think about it. TA as a whole ticks most of the boxes for a debuff set, it's just the debuff values that tend to be off. But Glue Arrow thematically doesn't fit any of the debuffs you'd want to increase in the set.

Ice Arrow may be "on par" with support holds, but support holds are pretty weak, and are routinely advised as skipable/not worth investing in. Unlike Dark and Time, TA isnt a top tier set. Paralytic Poison could also use a boost, but that's for another thread. Adding a splash debuff effect would be a good improvement, but again, what isn't already covered?

I agree, these could use a general review pass. Time's Hold is decent, but Petrifying Gaze, Paralytic Poison and Ice Arrow are the three worst Holds in the game.

Also, I wanted to clarify that the history lesson wasn't for you, but just any new folks. I know you're well aware of how it was at release (and helped push for the boosts the set has received since then!). If I gave the impression of talking down I apologize, as that wasn't my intent!

Don't worry about it, I wasn't actually offended or anything. I thought I was being funny, but looking back now it probably sounds a little elitist. You shouldn't apologize for me being an ass.  ;D

• 5 months later

Increasing the rebuff to hit of Flash Arrow seems like it would be helpful, that or have it stack with more -to hit somewhere else in the set.  

the other thing I would comment on with your comment that Entangling Arrow can target three creatures is that Trick Arrow is a debuff  only set and you have no always ontoggles.  This hurts action economy and it hurts endurance use.  

endurance use is not that bad but still hurts especially thematicly for a ranged tech set.  

action Economy is very real.  It feels like Trick Arrow you are constantly clicking and recasting.  While I am okay with it, it feels like it should be balanced out by it being a better set on the numbers.  

• 4 weeks later

I wonder at what point we can get over the fact that the game is back and actually start asking for and expecting stuff? 99% of the good ideas on the forums never see the light of day. Everything is so slow and takes so long. People over in feedback and suggestions have to be getting tired of either being not herd. I guess, again, we should just be happy we can play.

1 minute ago, arkieboy72472 said:

I wonder at what point we can get over the fact that the game is back and actually start asking for and expecting stuff? 99% of the good ideas on the forums never see the light of day. Everything is so slow and takes so long. People over in feedback and suggestions have to be getting tired of either being not herd. I guess, again, we should just be happy we can play.

see I would have said the rate of updates and changes is faster than it was on live

and usually breaks less stuff when it happens

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

• 2 months later

In case this hasn't been mentioned,  HERE  is the original main thread for Trickshooter's discussion from the old boards.  Note that the developers at the time DID put Trick Arrow on the list for getting some love after they were done with other jobs, agreeing that the set needed attention.

I would love this set to get some work done - it's one of my favorite sets even in its weakened state - but I also think Poison needs the attention even more so (followed by energy melee.)

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

• 1 month later

The idea of a toggle was something I thought about for a while. My one idea was to combine Glue and Poison Gas Arrow into one power and then add a Superior Leadership toggle that did 75 percent of the dmg, to hit, def, bonuses you'd get from the 3 primary leadership toggles. Anyone in the Superior Leadership range would get an increase to the effectiveness of existing leadership toggles (nothing earthshattering, say 30 percent).

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

On 7/12/2019 at 1:44 PM, Trickshooter said:

This is always the problem I have when I think about it. TA as a whole ticks most of the boxes for a debuff set, it's just the debuff values that tend to be off. But Glue Arrow thematically doesn't fit any of the debuffs you'd want to increase in the set.

What about a "+end cost" or "reverse endurance discount" or "End Tax" whatever.  Where Glue Arrow makes the foe's powers cost more endurance to use.  Because they're struggling to attack through the glue?  If the number is low it won't do much but you could have it fall off.  Like having it start off as a 300% end tax for the first few seconds and then tapering down to a 50%.  It would give it good synergy with end drain powers too.

Does TA have any -range?  I don't remember.

There's if I recall correctly there are two kinds of status protection.  Status Protection and Status Resistance. One decides what mag hold you need before you get held.  The other is a modifier on duration, high status resist lowers the time held/stuned/feared/etc.   You can't give -status protect because once you go below 0 the creature is held.  But I think you can give -status resistance.  Maybe put that in Ice Arrow?  So repeated uses make holds last longer and longer.  It's not exactly a "control" but it helps people with controls.  Mostly if you're trying to double/triple-stack on a single hard target.

Lets see... are there any other weird debuffs in the game TA is missing?  I always liked the "I have an arrow for that" feel of TA.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ABlueThingy said:

What about a "+end cost" or "reverse endurance discount" or "End Tax" whatever.  Where Glue Arrow makes the foe's powers cost more endurance to use.  Because they're struggling to attack through the glue?

+2

8 hours ago, ABlueThingy said:

Does TA have any -range?

Flash Arrow

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Flash Arrow

You're right, Flash Arrow debuffs Perception Range only, it doesn't debuff the Range of attack powers.

So it does, but not the one that you wanted.

To my knowledge, primary/secondary Taunt powers are the only ones with a -Range debuff that shortens the range of ranged attack powers.  There may be come exceptions to that which I can't remember right now ... but I did make sure to include a -Range debuff proc in my counter-proposal to @Bopper for Slow Set ideas thread in the Graviton Condenser set I offered.

To be honest, I'd want to have -Range debuffing (that affects ranged attacks) be added to Flash Arrow (but decays over time, so like 5 stacks of -15% Range with one stack falling off every 3 seconds so it decays from -75% Range to -0% Range in 15 seconds) and Glue Arrow (-Range debuff lasts the duration of the other power effects).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:52 PM, Rejolt said:

The idea of a toggle was something I thought about for a while. My one idea was to combine Glue and Poison Gas Arrow into one power and then add a Superior Leadership toggle that did 75 percent of the dmg, to hit, def, bonuses you'd get from the 3 primary leadership toggles. Anyone in the Superior Leadership range would get an increase to the effectiveness of existing leadership toggles (nothing earthshattering, say 30 percent).

I wouldn't mind some kind of toggle in Traps to replace Time Bomb.  Don't need both Trip Mine and Time Bomb in the same set.  Also make Triage Beacon have a much shorter downtime.  Wrong thread/subject I realize.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood