Allow Multiple Instances

Not sure what you mean by instances. for the game "instances" are things like having multiple Atlas Parks.

If you wish to run more than one character at a time, then you will need multiple accounts, though they can live on the same computer. Pretty sure there's a guide somewhere.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

36 minutes ago, smnolimits41 said:

Not sure where to put this post.  How does allowing multiple instances work ? do i need more than one account, or more than one computer ??

As @Oubliette_Red pointed out, multiple accounts can be run on one computer, assuming yours has the power needed.

You'll need to go into the settings of the starter window (green box with cog symbol)  and check the box "Allow multiple instances" under General Settings.

image.png.0c9368373e7142181de6019c387c6c1f.png

• Like 2

I have two comps.  My mind does not like windowing spreadsheets.  I do it, but I never like it.  So I normally have main comp CoH, 2nd comp HC wiki, Discord, Msg Boards.  Recently (within the last month or so) I started a 2nd CoH acct and got one 50 on it (a farmer to PL my main acct alts)  I tend to run this on the 2nd comp.  requires a 2nd email, separate game account.  Which led me to wanting a 'real farmer' on my main acct.  CoH is addicting.   Use caution.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

I have two comps.  My mind does not like windowing spreadsheets.  I do it, but I never like it.  So I normally have main comp CoH, 2nd comp HC wiki, Discord, Msg Boards.  Recently (within the last month or so) I started a 2nd CoH acct and got one 50 on it (a farmer to PL my main acct alts)  I tend to run this on the 2nd comp.  requires a 2nd email, separate game account.  Which led me to wanting a 'real farmer' on my main acct.  CoH is addicting.   Use caution.

Once you go down this path, forever will it dominate your destiny!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

5 hours ago, Col. Kernel said:

Once you go down this path, forever will it dominate your destiny!

Dual computer usage is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

(Those movies are far too quotable in a COH context.) 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 6 months later
On 5/2/2021 at 12:12 AM, EmmySky said:

presupposing you do not do it...when the server volume is high.  

Sorry to un-Necro a post, but I can't find where the published server volume numbers are (i.e. at what point you are forbidden to run two accounts).  I'm thinking I'm remembering 1,500 users, but can't find the official reference...

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

They're on the Homecoming Discord... and it's really, really rare to see any of the servers over the limit. Homecoming's population is pretty modest, and spread out enough between the servers that it's generally not an issue. 

• Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 5/1/2021 at 9:55 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Not sure what you mean by instances. for the game "instances" are things like having multiple Atlas Parks.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, Techwright said:

You'll need to go into the settings of the starter window (green box with cog symbol)  and check the box "Allow multiple instances" under General Settings.

The game terminology, she is zo crazy und confusing! 😄

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com