Print out this website

Take screenshots maybe?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Unfortunately, with the rather extreme formatting imposed on the site, it's essentially unprintable in a non-garbaged-up format.
This is pretty much true of anything more than VERY basic HTML sites.
They're essentially completely non-portable.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Not just formatting, but hundreds of separate entries across dozens of topic streams and multiple pages.

I hadn't thought about this for a long time, and my roots do go back to printing out things like listservs, but... Can't Be Done.

Not even sure if there's a way to download the contents for offline reading, on say a tablet or something.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I would expect most browsers to have a Save Page function.  At least Opera and ancient Internet Explorer do.

But printing it out?  Talk about a MAJOR waste of paper.  Yikes.
I would recommend seeing if someone would be willing to author a script for you which trawls through the website and saves threads in to offline HTML packs, then view them on a tablet or e-reader.  That's probably the most environmentally friendly AND efficient method.

7 hours ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

I would expect most browsers to have a Save Page function.  At least Opera and ancient Internet Explorer do.

But printing it out?  Talk about a MAJOR waste of paper.  Yikes.
I would recommend seeing if someone would be willing to author a script for you which trawls through the website and saves threads in to offline HTML packs, then view them on a tablet or e-reader.  That's probably the most environmentally friendly AND efficient method.

Pretty sure the paper, ink and electricity used would cost more than a Dollar Store phone and $30 pre-paid card.

On the other hand, reading the entire site on paper would give you the opportunity to put a cassette tape into your Walkman and play back the dial-up modem sounds so you could really feel the '80's vibe.

• Haha 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Perhaps some time in the future (when the schedule allows) the web developer for the site could implement the advice in this article.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/make-webpage-printable-47225.html

This would be a low priority quality of life feature (that would be nice to have), no pressing need to put off other projects to do this right now.

I have one of the original game manuals and have considered scanning it to PDF, it is rather outdated but contains useful information. But also a piece of game history.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• City Council
On 5/24/2021 at 10:30 AM, Bruno Blitz said:

Good day,

is there a button or something to print out a opic of this webside?

I travel a lot with the train and i like to read without electricity 🙂

Browser Firefox 68

Since you mentioned using Firefox:

Press Ctrl + Shift + S and click Save full page in the top-right. This will allow you to save a properly rendered full snapshot of the page as an image which you can then print. It's not perfect and you can only do one page at a time, but unfortunately there aren't many options for this otherwise at this time.

Edit: For better contrast / less colour, you can switch to the default theme at the bottom of the page:
image.png.7319dd53a8a50d9b5fca08083059dc67.png

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

True, @Cipher, just about Every browser allows you to download an entire, single, webpage. Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to automatically download the linked pages without Also saving them as well. I could do this thread page in Edge simply by using "Command + S" on a Mac. It'll create a main file with a related folder for the assets when you choose full page. There is also a single file option as well, but I never had the need to test that.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later