Trivia Question NPCs Following us

wjrasmussen

2 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

How long will a npc chase you down to thank you for helping them?  

If you mean how long will they continue to hop on boxes and fences, trying to reach you as you hover just out of range, they'll do it until the server is reset, as far as I've been able to determine.  Note, though, I've never stayed logged in continuously for an entire week, so I haven't tested it to the full extent possible.  I have had the little buggers running around in circles below for several hours, on the original servers.

If you mean how far will they chase you, they despawn once you put a certain amount of distance between you and them, but I don't know exactly how far that is.  They won't cross entire zones to give you your small inspiration and little inf* bonus.  They're not that grateful (they're going to be mugged again in a few minutes anyway (we're the worst crime-fighters in history, apparently)).

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

52 minutes ago, Luminara said:

If you mean how long will they continue to hop on boxes and fences, trying to reach you as you hover just out of range, they'll do it until the server is reset, as far as I've been able to determine.  Note, though, I've never stayed logged in continuously for an entire week, so I haven't tested it to the full extent possible.  I have had the little buggers running around in circles below for several hours, on the original servers.

If you mean how far will they chase you, they despawn once you put a certain amount of distance between you and them, but I don't know exactly how far that is.  They won't cross entire zones to give you your small inspiration and little inf* bonus.  They're not that grateful (they're going to be mugged again in a few minutes anyway (we're the worst crime-fighters in history, apparently)).

Can't save people if no one's in danger to begin with 😉

3 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

I was hoping there was a new kind of NPC that chases you down to ask trivia questions.

THIS is what I first thought too!   lol

Would be kind of fun!  Plug in a bunch of 'Trivial Pursuit' style questions with multiple choice answers.  Could tie into badges or even offer some silly reward like an inspiration / enhancement / recipe, or even a temp boost power.  Or maybe just a 'fun' temp power.  

Regarding the NPC's chasing you down to thank you, I don't know how far because I totally ignore them.  I'm usually already in the next battle when they show up and then I just think "Not too smart are ya?  Go home!  Get out of this neighborhood!  Why are you still hanging around?"  lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

1 hour ago, 0th Power said:

I know it use to be until you zone.  Anyone else remember citizen herding?  Now I think its a couple minutes and you can only have 2-3 chasing you down to thank you.

I don't about that.  The reason I was curious was an experience in atlas park where I had been hanging out for a long time and suddenly an NPC came up to me to say thanks. 

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

46 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

I don't about that.  The reason I was curious was an experience in atlas park where I had been hanging out for a long time and suddenly an NPC came up to me to say thanks. 

Had you interacted with any mobs in AP and had the mob scatter -> and maybe someone else came along and defeated your survivor "completing" the rescue and the victim then came to you for whatever AI reason.

They've read about me in the paper, so I'm kinda famous.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I noticed something in Atlas Park yesterday that I had never noticed before.  Several times, I was helping a mugging victim, and other passers-by stopped to watch the fight. Then, when the last baddie was down, they turned and continued on their way. Was wondering if this is something new, of if it's always happened and I somehow never noticed.