Once you see it

TheZag

3 minutes ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

I think you're going to have to explain it to me.

I was thinking the same thing ...

Then

I SAW IT ... I think 🤪.  I can tell it's been awhile since I was ingame.  

Hint:  last I heard of something like it it involved a Hami raid.

Sheesh wonders if I'm totally wrong.

1 minute ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I was thinking the same thing ...

Then

I SAW IT ... I think 🤪.  I can tell it's been awhile since I was ingame.  

Hint:  last I heard of something like it it involved a Hami raid.

Sheesh wonders if I'm totally wrong.

Awwww Apparition beat me to it.  Typed too dang much

PS:  It was a Brute showing up at a Hami Raid before side switching was possible

Edited by Doomguide2005

8 minutes ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Ah.  Fair enough.  Been a while since I managed to experience that bug.

You going to make a report in the Bugs board, @TheZag?

it immediately disconnected me from the zone and teleported me to mercy island so i think the bug is already fixed.  i never even got to move and the ingame screenshot was all black.  i had to paste that into paint.

• Thanks 1

Fair enough.  "Working as intended," as far as I'm aware, then.

The first time I wound up in Atlas Park as a Villain was during CoV Beta.  Got Droned, sent to the Hospital, then couldn't leave the Hospital due to the Drone out front, heh.

Any time after that, which has been . . . three?   Maybe only two times.  But, yeah, any time after that, I had the same experience you just described.

Had something like this happen back on live.  My team had entered a blue-side mission instance, rounded a corner, and found a red-side player's avatar standing there.  The player was as bewildered as us, and we all laughed about it.  We held up the mission until a GM sorted it out, if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

This occurs across alignments, as I understand it the game some how checks for that, then if your character doesn't align with the requirements it ports you to a default zone. A bug from a year ago allowed any level character with a no longer ingame teleport power to return to zones like Precinct Five, Destroyed Galaxy City, and Outbreak & Breakout after leaving it. 

Examples below...

90295844_GalaxyCity.thumb.jpg.63edecb27c22fe3008dbd328f91e496a.jpg

1190214806_Tutorial1.thumb.jpg.8eb26254006ba1370480721ffc5cf8c2.jpg

136069467_Tutorial2.thumb.jpg.9c8a7249b2cdd76b3f1994dfd3d7bb55.jpg

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

14 hours ago, Techwright said:

Had something like this happen back on live.  My team had entered a blue-side mission instance, rounded a corner, and found a red-side player's avatar standing there. 

It was a fairly rare occurrence, but finding a second player/team in your mission (either the same or opposite faction) was a known bug back on Live; I seem to remember someone describing in the live forums having it happen, then rampaging through the mission with what amounted to a 16-member team.

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

It was a fairly rare occurrence, but finding a second player/team in your mission (either the same or opposite faction) was a known bug back on Live; I seem to remember someone describing in the live forums having it happen, then rampaging through the mission with what amounted to a 16-member team.

Yep, happened to me and my ex once. We accidenatlly invaded someone else's mission. I can't remember the details exactly, but we ended up having to trek back from the Hollows.

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

It happened to me on Homecoming back around August 2019.  I reported it in the Bug Reports forum back then.  I was on a Blaster running missions in Night Ward when I somehow ended up in a team's mission in Talos.  IIRC, my character was level 34 and the mission was set at level 21.  I joined the team to malefactor down so I wouldn't ruin their XP. :P

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

I thought this happened on live in Atlas dont remember the server and the villains started attacking lowbies.

I thought I either heard about it or remember it, anyone else recall this?

This could be from the pvp bug.  Get a villian to confuse 2 heroes who would keep each other confused and zone back into a hero zone.  Then they could target a blaster with confuse and he ran in and nuked a costume contest under atlas.  That bug was fixed the same day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And does anyone remember certain posters claiming that it was (quote) "Impossible" (unquote) to have Villains and Heroes together in the same non-co-op/non-PvP zone?

*shrugs*

I mean, I know I need to be more careful about my word choice sometimes too, but "impossible" in the context of a game always seems to imply to me that something is not possible.  You know, completely unsupported by the code to the point where it couldn't even happen as a glitch.

Glad to see that this sort of thing can still happen from time to time.  Gives hope for the future.