Why are echancements selling for so much on the AH?

MikeSol

I don't get it. Let's take 'Portacio Ind Internal Munitions' which is a Level 20 SO Damage enhancement. Several of them sold for 2,600,000 on the AH on 7-21. This is the Excelsior server. But I can buy these exact same enhancements  from any NPC vendor for just 24,000 influence! I have seen this with other enhancements as well.

So..  can someone explain this to me?

I would wager a princely sum that it is the display bug. My first encounter with this bug was quite similar. If you would like to read more and see more examples of where it crops up, this thread is dedicated to it (and there may be other threads): https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/5803-market-bug-different-items-are-sharing-sales-history

Back on live, there was also a somewhat risky way to transfer inf via the auction house, where you found an entry that didn't have any offerings (0 available) and put one of that item up for sale for an absurd minimum, then bid a huge amount on it with another character. It was risky because it was possible for someone to underlist that item before the sale went through, sending your inf off to J. Random Stranger. It's not needed on Homecoming, plus the coalescence of items into pools limits the ability to do it in the first place.

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Back on live, there was also a somewhat risky way to transfer inf via the auction house, where you found an entry that didn't have any offerings (0 available) and put one of that item up for sale for an absurd minimum, then bid a huge amount on it with another character. It was risky because it was possible for someone to underlist that item before the sale went through, sending your inf off to J. Random Stranger. It's not needed on Homecoming, plus the coalescence of items into pools limits the ability to do it in the first place.

Before emails became a thing there were players with trusted reps who would transfer influence for a flat percentage. Don't recall who and how much but did it a number of times with no issue. 

26 minutes ago, Sakai said:

Before emails became a thing there were players with trusted reps who would transfer influence for a flat percentage. Don't recall who and how much but did it a number of times with no issue. 

Smurphy?

Another possible explanation is fat fingers -- they meant to bid 26,000 but clicked too fast.  Or was bidding 2,600,000 for something else, then changed items and hit enter without realizing that the last bid was still there.  I've certainly done both of those.

Meh, just use the AH to scrap through the SOs in the 50-53 range.  Take a lowbie, set low ball bids of like 50, get enhancements and sell to vendor.  That 50 inf cost turns into 10k, can take a rookie character with 120 inf from the tutorial and turrn it into 500k in about 30 mins.  It takes some work, just stupid easy source.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 7/21/2021 at 12:52 PM, MikeSol said:

I don't get it. Let's take 'Portacio Ind Internal Munitions' which is a Level 20 SO Damage enhancement. Several of them sold for 2,600,000 on the AH on 7-21. This is the Excelsior server.

Worth mentioning to avoid confusing people - the auction house is cross-server.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.