Changes to Fly, Hover, Afterburner, etc.

Sonarr

2 hours ago, ZacKing said:

You mean other than I see it as a complete waste of time and effort on something that wasn't really needed to begin with?  I'd have liked for that talent and effort to have gone into other areas of the game.  I get that low hanging fruit is easy, but there's other parts of the game that need a lot of attention.  I'd like to see effort put into those things.  If that's ok with you of course? 

So your sole reason for calling this a bad change is not because it affected you in any way whatsoever but rather only because the devs briefly deviated from your own personal priority structure? Reasonable? Maybe, not sure tbh. Spiteful and contemptuous towards your fellow players that like the change? Looks that way from here man.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Zone travel is meaningless as most everyone has TT now

That's the second time someone's made an assertion of this nature (the first being the claim that Infiltration was "unpopular", despite no stats being presented to support that claim).  I'm going to have to insist on seeing a data source this time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Faster speed doesn't mean diddly to me in caves or indoor office maps.  Zone travel is meaningless as most everyone has TT now and we're ported right to the mission door.  there's always room for improvement imo.

Maybe in your bubble...  But not in mine.  In my bubble, you rarely see TT outside of task forces and even there it's not quite common.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

5 hours ago, arcane said:

So your sole reason for calling this a bad change is not because it affected you in any way whatsoever but rather only because the devs briefly deviated from your own personal priority structure? Reasonable? Maybe, not sure tbh. Spiteful and contemptuous towards your fellow players that like the change? Looks that way from here man.

Hang on back up.  I never said people shouldn't like it and shouldn't be happy with it.  If you're happy with the changes, good for you I'm happy for you and hope you're enjoying them.  As for being spiteful and contemptuous toward your fellow players, I think you should look in the mirror.  you're putting words in my mouth for expressing an opinion that runs counter to yours.  Certainly looks that way from here man.

3 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Maybe in your bubble...  But not in mine.  In my bubble, you rarely see TT outside of task forces and even there it's not quite common.

Absolutely in my bubble.  I never suggested anything other than that.  Of course your experience is different.  never said it shouldn't be.

54 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

I never said people shouldn't like it and shouldn't be happy with it.  If you're happy with the changes, good for you I'm happy for you and hope you're enjoying them.

9 hours ago, ZacKing said:

You mean other than I see it as a complete waste of time and effort on something that wasn't really needed to begin with?  I'd have liked for that talent and effort to have gone into other areas of the game.  I get that low hanging fruit is easy, but there's other parts of the game that need a lot of attention.  I'd like to see effort put into those things.  If that's ok with you of course? 

If we're happy with them you hope we enjoy them, but you think it was a waste of time and resources.

So things YOU like are not a waste of resources, but things that OTHERS like are a waste, got it.

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

Some folks just don't understand that different devs work on different stuff.

The devs working on travel powers are not the devs working on power sets, so one does not take time away from the other.

I don't think that's true.

There are other forms of this that are true -- Piecemeal works on arcs, Cpt Powerhouse works on powers, work on arcs does not take away from works on powers and vice versa.  But I think that work on the travel powers was the same set of devs that work on powers in general (principally Captain Powerhouse), and all the travel power changes from the last page pushed back far more consequential work.

3 minutes ago, aethereal said:

There are other forms of this that are true -- Piecemeal works on arcs, Cpt Powerhouse works on powers, work on arcs does not take away from works on powers and vice versa.  But I think that work on the travel powers was the same set of devs that work on powers in general (principally Captain Powerhouse), and all the travel power changes from the last page pushed back far more consequential work.

I used the wrong example, I suppose, but the point stands.

14 hours ago, Wavicle said:

If we're happy with them you hope we enjoy them, but you think it was a waste of time and resources.

So things YOU like are not a waste of resources, but things that OTHERS like are a waste, got it.

Yes it's called a difference of opinion.  it happens.  people disagree and that's a healthy thing.

13 hours ago, aethereal said:

Hey, don't have a different opinion!  It's WRONG!

I don't like pvp. I don't play pvp at all. Development time spent on pvp does not benefit me or make the game more fun for me at all.

But I recognize that there are others for whom dev time spent on pvp does make the game more fun, so I don't say that it's a waste of effort.

You see how that works?

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I don't like pvp. I don't play pvp at all. Development time spent on pvp does not benefit me or make the game more fun for me at all.

But I recognize that there are others for whom dev time spent on pvp does make the game more fun, so I don't say that it's a waste of effort.

You see how that works?

Ok great!  I'm glad that's how it works for you.  But you're you and I'm me.  You do you and I'll do me and we can agree to disagree on stuff and that's ok.

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2021 at 4:00 PM, aethereal said:

See this is were you and a few others are in fact not only in the wrong but in fact clearly seeking to cause conflict and denigrate those who oppose you. No one here gets to say what is or is not the right use of time for volunteers. Not even those who donate have one right to act as if we are a customer base trying to push our personal agenda down a companies throat because they take our money.

As was pointed out by one of the HC team over in the PVP threads, you not liking something personally is not a valid position nor something of any interest to the HC devs. When folks talk about what they want to see in PvP, folks saying no dont spend time on pvp because they do not do pvp are not offering anything of validity nor interest to the HC team. Unless it is a priority they are doing an all hands on deck situation for, basically everything done is a personal whim they want to do, and we here of sane and civil mind understand that.

What you and I think is trivial or consequential quite literally has no validity in these kinds of discussion. The only ones who get to deem that are the HC team. They made it clear they felt the change worth their time, and you demean them by saying otherwise. That is not else but rude and an attack on the HC team imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Llewellyn Blackwell said:

See this is were you and a few others are in fact not only in the wrong but in fact clearly seeking to cause conflict and denigrate those who oppose you.

What I actually did was correct someone who was factually wrong, to which his response was, "Oh, I guess I'm wrong, but I'm somehow right."

You will note that I have at no point advocated breaking into Captain Powerhouse's, er, house (powerhouse?) and forcing him to work on my priorities.  There's nothing wrong with advocating for the stance of, "This is fine, and there's no point in changing it," or "This is high priority and causing problems."  And there's nothing wrong with saying that, "In retrospect, we spent a lot of time solving nonexistent problems."

And you don't really need to get out the fainting couch because someone suggested that there are elements of the game that are higher priority than other elements of the game.  Your hysterical tone is silly.

• Thumbs Up 4

17 hours ago, Llewellyn Blackwell said:

See this is were you and a few others are in fact not only in the wrong but in fact clearly seeking to cause conflict and denigrate those who oppose you. No one here gets to say what is or is not the right use of time for volunteers. Not even those who donate have one right to act as if we are a customer base trying to push our personal agenda down a companies throat because they take our money.

As was pointed out by one of the HC team over in the PVP threads, you not liking something personally is not a valid position nor something of any interest to the HC devs. When folks talk about what they want to see in PvP, folks saying no dont spend time on pvp because they do not do pvp are not offering anything of validity nor interest to the HC team. Unless it is a priority they are doing an all hands on deck situation for, basically everything done is a personal whim they want to do, and we here of sane and civil mind understand that.

What you and I think is trivial or consequential quite literally has no validity in these kinds of discussion. The only ones who get to deem that are the HC team. They made it clear they felt the change worth their time, and you demean them by saying otherwise. That is not else but rude and an attack on the HC team imo.

No one suggested we should be dictating anything to anyone.  The HC folk can work on whatever they want to.  we as their community can express our approval or disapproval of any changes they make though.   If they didn't want to hear any criticism, they'd have changed this forum section to "praise and affirmations only".  

8 hours ago, ZacKing said:

No one suggested we should be dictating anything to anyone.  The HC folk can work on whatever they want to.  we as their community can express our approval or disapproval of any changes they make though.   If they didn't want to hear any criticism, they'd have changed this forum section to "praise and affirmations only".  

On 8/16/2021 at 5:46 AM, ZacKing said:

You mean other than I see it as a complete waste of time and effort on something that wasn't really needed to begin with?

This is not simply expressing your disapproval.

On 8/16/2021 at 1:46 PM, ZacKing said:

Maybe you ought too obtain the code and make your own server where you can work on what you think is important. I'm not telling you to leave HC. But I am saying the owners of the server decided to work on this because they thought it was important. Once you have your own server you can work on what -you- think is important.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Sovera said:

Maybe you ought too obtain the code and make your own server where you can work on what you think is important. I'm not telling you to leave HC. But I am saying the owners of the server decided to work on this because they thought it was important. Once you have your own server you can work on what -you- think is important.

Maybe you ought to learn to read?

22 hours ago, ZacKing said:

It's their server, they can do whatever they like good or bad.  They can set whatever priorities they want and I'm not demanding they change that.  Not everyone is going to love every single change made here though.

13 hours ago, Wavicle said:

This is not simply expressing your disapproval.

Sure it is.  It isn't how you might have expressed the opinion, but I'm not you.  Like I said before, you do you and I'll do me.  

7 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Sure it is.  It isn't how you might have expressed the opinion, but I'm not you.  Like I said before, you do you and I'll do me.  

"You mean other than I see it as a complete waste of time and effort on something that wasn't really needed to begin with?"

Well, let me put it this way: This is not how you should express your disapproval if you want anything besides being ignored by the devs.

17 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Well, let me put it this way: This is not how you should express your disapproval if you want anything besides being ignored by the devs.

We've already said the HC folk here work on what they want to work on, so it doesn't matter much if they ignore anyone does it?  If they want to ignore me, more power to them.  I'm not going to cry about it.  Sorry it hurts your feelings though.  Like I've said, you express yourself the way you want and I'll express myself my way.