Detached trays randomly move

fitzsimmons

I detach my inspiration and enhancement trays in my UI layout.  Every now and again they move.

Anyone else experience this and know of a fix?

If they move, it’s always to the same location and I need to drag it into place and specifically for the inspirations, they move in the same missions.  Tinmage mission 2 as an example.  A few of the missions for Sutter.

The enhancement tray sometimes moves if I zone into the base and have it open, it buggers off to the top left of the screen.

Thanks,

Dave

Inspiration tray moves toward the center of the screen for me. Have to drag it back down. Good reminder to use more inspirations, and/or see if some combining needs to happen.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Yeah I usually keep most things right where they want to be, but I am super idiosyncratic about wanting my Insp tray to be directly above my power tray exactly at the height it would be if I had two trays up and it attached to the second tray, but not actually attached. When it wanders I get cranky about it.

Mine only move when something happens to change the resolution of the game window, such as moving it to my secondary screen (which is a different size).  If it goes to a smaller resolution, trays will get  pushed to the new edge, relative to the upper left corner.  Then when returning to the original resolution, they'll hang out in the middle of the screen, in the same pixel-count position as they were on the smaller resolution.

I get why this happens, but it would be nice if there were a way to get them to snap back to the edge of the screen after resolution change.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve notice this happens every time I do a Yin TF when you take the helicopter, but not the door mission if I recall correctly.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

10 hours ago, Boudicia.Dark said:

I saved my windows, it still happens (only my inspiration tray) but only on SOME maps, seems like maybe older maps only?

Just hit load windows then and they should go back to the correct place at least.  Mine used to move around but dont anymore.  Maybe because i loaded it on every character so there is no conflicting setups.

Edit:  Now that i think about it,  you probably have to save then load windows to overwrite whatever is on that character anyway.  Just save wont do it.

Edited by TheZag

I haven't had UI elements just randomly reposition in a while; I know there were some buggy doors and missions that did it. I do, however, occasionally have my Nav window (positioned top center) decide to sllllloooooowwwwlllllly slide over to the right border. Won't stop until I log and return. I have no idea why.

The general fix for this is to save your UI and reload it, I have a fairly elaborate UI management scheme, but recognizing that's Just Too Much for players who dislike binds and such, I suggest everyone do the following:

1. Tweak your UI until it's perfect, using /windowscale as needed.
  2. Type /wdw_save.
  3. Now, whenever anything messes up your UI, including you, type /wdw_load.
  4. Many oddball problems... minimized if not fixed, exactly.

This can be used to transfer a perfect UI to all your alts, too. Save on one, load on all.

And if you use different setups on different ATs/alts... well, you can save and load individually, too, but it involves b*nds. 🙂

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I tried it and finally ran a Tinpex and Sutter and the same thing happened.  Windows moved.  So saving and loading isn't working.  Something else is going on here.

Tinpex (second mission) and Sutter (a few of the missions) that inspiration tray moves 100% of the time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

I tried it and finally ran a Tinpex and Sutter and the same thing happened.  Windows moved.  So saving and loading isn't working.

Save/load isn't meant to prevent the problem, any more than for the dumb-bunny move of accidentally rescaling your whole UI. It's just a fast fix when it happens.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com