Sorry for my posts and asking questions Ill stop

I-Dirty

Since apparently I am bothering some people with my posts and not using the search engine. I wish to apologize and let you all know im done

No more posts from me.

Have a great day

• Sad 2

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

12 minutes ago, I-Dirty said:

Since apparently I am bothering some people with my posts and not using the search engine. I wish to apologize and let you all know im done

No more posts from me.

Have a great day

If people are bothered by your post they can not read them or put you on ignore.

If the forum administrators are not saying you are doing something wrong I would not let other's issues constrain you, especially as they have a solution.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope im done. At 53yo I have zero patience for that crap. Ill figure things out on my own.

But thanks. Im turning off the forums now

Have fun everyone

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

1 hour ago, I-Dirty said:

Since apparently I am bothering some people with my posts

The only people you are bothering with posts are the people that you should be putting on ignore. (Honestly, they are intentionally bothering you versus the other way around)

There are only really a couple of hands full of people that you should put on ignore to make the forums a much more enjoyable place.

Seriously, it works wonders.

A majority of the community is more than willing to answer questions in the forums, but using /help in-game, searching the forums, and using https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Main_Page can go a long way.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, I-Dirty said:

You know instead of making snide comments about using the search engine. How about just dont respond.

I suggested using it since I remembered other posts about the combo which in turns has different slotting ideas (mine for example always revolve about using Barrier to finish capping defenses and resistances which isn't for everyone) -and- offered a build for your question about the combo you were asking about.

As a '44yo' myself I will say that you have a remarkably thin skin for a '53yo'.

• Thumbs Up 2

Before even reading the above, I was going to say "keep asking questions, but try not to ask the same thing repeatedly if you're looking to avoid irritating people", but the comment about searching (ok, sometimes "I" forget too) is highly applicable as well. As for the "I'm leaving because people are complaining", that's on you and while I've not a clue as to any of the related discussions, this 'feels' a bit less cool headed than I try to encourage people to be. People can be jerks, people can be mean (report that crap), and sometimes you just gotta let them talk out the hole they've chosen.

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

While I can understand people thinking "use search" at the same time there's no harm in repeat questions. Last one of yours I saw I answered, mostly because I'd more information (because I'd been playing the combo all week). 

So my stance is "if it irks someone they can ignore the new thread or you". Mine is "I'll have a look and either post nothing, link back to the previous thread or post a response with some extra info".

So pretty much I agree with Sovera. I just took 3 rambly paragraphs to say it 😀

In order to redeem yourself you must find the cudgel of forgiveness. I've left clues scattered throughout these forums.

First Clue - play the panda theme song at the top of the world to summon the Panda Sage, it will give you the second clue.

Protip bring bamboo.

• Haha 3

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

1 hour ago, Nemu said:

In order to redeem yourself you must find the cudgel of forgiveness. I've left clues scattered throughout these forums.

First Clue - play the panda theme song at the top of the world to summon the Panda Sage, it will give you the second clue.

Protip bring bamboo.

You know I tried that, and that stupid Panda just whipped my butt, stole the bamboo and my lunch money, and finished it all off with a nice flipped bird to the face...

I guess I'm just irredeemable. 😢

• 1 month later